Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone help me? I'm trying to open my mind to new ideas about Refugees
Can someone help me? I'm trying to open my mind to new ideas about Refugees
I am currently undecided about the refugee issue. On one hand I believe it's good to help people and have empathy for others. On the other hand I think that it's not our war, they're the ones at war here and we're making sacrifices to help them. Never the less, we're helping a bunch of Muslims. I'm putting myself in a vulnerable position here, but to be frank, I don't like Islam. I think it's a primitive, at times abhorrent culture. I want them to be in the middle east, out of civilized society. 

Like I said though, I am trying to open myself up to new ideas. I am willing to accept that taking refugees is a good idea. In fact, the reason I am asking you right now is because I see that a lot of people who share my same views believe in taking refugees. Atheists, liberals, my choice of candidate, Bernie Sanders. I see the way that the right wing, the side which I strongly oppose so many ways believes in the xenophobic, bigoted sounding things that I believe in. 

So, on ethos, I'm leaning towards pro refugee, pro islamic tolerance. I see an absence of evidence to believe that I should hold these views. On the pathos side, I feel a strong opposition to it. So I'm very conflicted on this issue and I'm opening myself up to new ideas. Thank you.

Messages In This Thread
Can someone help me? I'm trying to open my mind to new ideas about Refugees - by DespondentFishdeathMasochismo - November 28, 2015 at 4:53 pm
RE:I'm so sorry - by Pizza - November 29, 2015 at 1:54 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An Open Discussion on Russian Identity Leonardo17 10 1037 December 4, 2023 at 11:54 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Are conservatives in this country trying to turn 'Murica into Nazi Germany? Foxaèr 11 1459 May 6, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Are Christians trying to turn US into a theocracy? Fake Messiah 11 790 October 8, 2020 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  An Open Letter to Congress Secular Elf 14 996 March 4, 2020 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Open borders onlinebiker 263 15582 August 14, 2019 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Someone Explain This 'Shutdown' to Me? Jade-Green Stone 62 5542 January 22, 2019 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Stop trying to reason with Trump supporters GODZILLA 21 2484 January 20, 2019 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Going to a Protest and I Need Sign Ideas Seraphina 8 778 June 26, 2018 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Can someone please explain the difference? Losty 12 1248 June 26, 2018 at 12:51 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  The WLB Just Can't Help Himself Minimalist 6 1004 June 9, 2018 at 5:03 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb