Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 7:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Van Tillian/Clarkian Presuppositional Apologetics.
RE: Van Tillian/Clarkian Presuppositional Apologetics.
(November 21, 2011 at 9:02 pm)Statler Waldorf Wrote: You obviously don’t know what axioms are;

A self-evident truth. YHWH's infallibility isn't so self-evident to the rest of us. We can't even see any evident he exists. But that doesn't stop you from making bare assertions to "prove" your other bare assertions.

Quote:Nope, if He were not infallible we would be unable to know anything, nor would we even be able to question His infallibility.

Odd. I don't have any such troubles.

Quote:Did you miss the part where I said laws of morality are subjective from God’s perspective and objective from man’s?

That which is objective isn't subjective as well, depending on point of view. If it depends on point of view, it's subjective.

Quote: You seem to think circularity is logically invalid

Confused Fall

Quote:Coming from the guy who can’t justify the laws of logic without invoking circular reasoning? That’s kind of funny actually.

You like hitting the "reset" button, don't you?

Haven't I already explained umpteen times that we don't need to justify the use of logic aside from the fact that we like the results.

Quote:How do you know those meter sticks are actually a meter long?

They're made according to the standards of weights and measures.

Quote:Where in the definition does it say it applies to all beings, even those that are supernatural, infallible, omnipotent, omniscience, and exist outside of time? I am calling B.S. on this one.

I quoted you the dictionary's definition. If you want to create a special exception for a hypothetical being that exists outside of time, etc. etc. then you need to first prove this being exists and why it creates a special exception for the definition of "subjective".

Quote:That’s funny; your little “take a drink” tactic is actually an argument ad nauseum because it is not logically valid and yet you keep using it hoping it sticks. That made my day; it’s the little things in life.

It's called "mocking". Not everything has to be an argument.

Quote:Contradictions? There is a contradiction in that verse? Where?

Not in that verse. I'm just saying the Ad Hoc is the method the faithful have to rationalize scripture.

Quote:So if a murderer is unwilling to go to prison that is justification for not sending them there? You have an interesting view of morality.

The criminal is being punished for his behavior. Next?
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist

Messages In This Thread
RE: Van Tillian/Clarkian Presuppositional Apologetics. - by Sam - September 10, 2011 at 7:47 pm
RE: Van Tillian/Clarkian Presuppositional Apologetics. - by Ryft - September 16, 2011 at 12:42 am
RE: Van Tillian/Clarkian Presuppositional Apologetics. - by Ryft - September 18, 2011 at 12:19 am
RE: Van Tillian/Clarkian Presuppositional Apologetics. - by Sam - September 27, 2011 at 9:57 am
RE: Van Tillian/Clarkian Presuppositional Apologetics. - by DeistPaladin - November 21, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credible/Honest Apologetics? TheJefe817 212 20898 August 8, 2022 at 3:29 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Let's see how many apologetics take the bait Joods 127 18572 July 16, 2016 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Ignorant apologetics aside, your god does not exist. Foxaèr 10 2528 April 16, 2016 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  Priestly apologetics in a sermon this a.m. drfuzzy 13 3190 April 1, 2016 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Thoughts on Atheism and Apologetics Randy Carson 105 18609 July 4, 2015 at 5:39 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Non-fundamentalist apologetics is about obfuscation RobbyPants 6 2206 May 9, 2015 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Church Van Crashes, 8 Dead AFTT47 38 7154 April 1, 2015 at 9:42 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  GOOD Apologetics? ThePinsir 31 6549 January 28, 2014 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  Apologetics Psychonaut 9 2972 October 1, 2013 at 10:57 am
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Apologetics blog domain name John V 54 19121 August 13, 2013 at 11:04 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox