Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introducing Me!
Introducing Me!
Hello! I am Atharonis. I have been an Atheist for 5 years and I do not intend to change. Of course, even though the possibilities of there being an omniscient and all-powerful spirit are slim and there is no actual proof that a god-like being exists, I have not ruled out the small chance that something like that could exist (hehe. ya right). In the meantime, I'm not busy worshipping a book written by an ancient person and devoting myself to a lie. Children don't want to hear that the Tooth Fairy doesn't take their teeth and gives them money just like Theists don't want to hear that God isn't watching over them and doesn't have reasons for why he makes good and bad things happen. Personally, I think that even though the truth can hurt, it's better than a lie.

Well, that's all I have to say about that... so again, hello!
"There are two things that are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
RE: Introducing Me!
Hi Arthar

Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Hi me! *shakes hands with self*
Welcome, Arther.

I know what you mean about the tooth fairy though. She's kind of a bitch just like that cocktease tinkerbell.
Oh well. You're all just figments of my imagination anyway, so welcome to the forums because I can't imagine anything more exciting for us to do right now.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
Hello Athar -

You may find that this crew is very cliquish, but don't let that slow you down. Best thing any newbie can do is jump in with both feet and be heard!

Welcome to our little corner of the web. Hi
[Image: Evolution.png]

Hello Arthar, I like your head.
The way your horn/projection thing forms such a stylish arc.
You'd have to have your hats customised but that's doable.

Anyway, welcome.
[Image: YgZ8E.png]
Welcome, your thinking is similar to my thinking (it would appear).
What? the tooth fairy isn't real? Blasphemer! Big Grin

Welcome
Welcome to the forums fellow atheist!
Welcome
Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
Hi me...nice to meet you

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  introducing myself BehindTheGnoll 14 1586 January 18, 2017 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  New member introducing herself HHK 24 4437 July 18, 2016 at 9:46 am
Last Post: brewer
  Introducing Meee! Panatheist 15 2578 March 13, 2016 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Introducing myself Fortruth 15 2769 November 23, 2014 at 3:19 am
Last Post: Aractus
Smile Introducing myself thedouglenz 9 2831 June 9, 2014 at 5:47 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Re-introducing myself Upside Down Dog 31 7312 December 12, 2013 at 12:08 pm
Last Post: Upside Down Dog
  Introducing myself mostlysilent 21 3673 June 17, 2013 at 8:18 pm
Last Post: Zarith
  Just introducing myself. loganlandis 10 1868 April 11, 2013 at 2:13 am
Last Post: justin
  A religious bastard introducing himself WinterHold 24 5009 February 4, 2013 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: EbolaVirusPenis
  Introducing Myself Corvus 9 1641 January 2, 2013 at 10:26 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko