Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creationist books in uni
Creationist books in uni
The other day I was getting a bite to eat at my Uni cafe, and There was the Multi-faith people there with free coffee and a table of books and most were 'My parter does not believe', Will I go to hell' e.t.c. but there was one that stud out:
Creation or Evolution: Do We Have to Choose? by Denis Alexander and I thought this BangheadBangheadBanghead
Why the heck would anybody bring that book into a University in Britain? and is a progressive Uni as well.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: Creationist books in uni
Some times I find it hard to believe we share a species with these people.
Next time I'm in college ill take a photo of the religion section. Its madness!
After coming to university I've seen a lot more religious people than I ever did at school or around my previous local area. Strange that, considering a university is supposed to be a highly educated place.
Seeing that book, made me feel like I wanted to pick it up and throw it in the recycling or out the window.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
OP, what uni? If you do not want to out it, pm me the name please.
(March 14, 2012 at 10:57 am)Gooders1002 Wrote: Creation or Evolution: Do We Have to Choose? by Denis Alexander

Since fact is not a matter for present choice, this idiot through the title of his book appears to admits Creationism is not a fact, but the product of petulent choice of the infantile mind.

The Uni is Bucks New Uni.
From Amazon:

"Dr Denis Alexander is a biochemist who believes passionately in both the biblical doctrine of creation and the coherence of evolutionary theory."

In short, don't complain, he's more on our side than theirs.
Actually, he sounds like a first-magnitude loony.

So he believes god played in the dirt AND evolution? That takes quite a bit of scrotum twisting.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Books regarding atheism TrustMeOrNot 81 6796 November 24, 2019 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Tom Fearnley
  Creationist Moral Panic Amarok 15 5622 June 13, 2017 at 10:42 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Are there any scientific books or studies that explain what makes a person religious? WisdomOfTheTrees 13 2566 February 9, 2017 at 2:33 am
Last Post: Mirek-Polska
  Holy books on trial mcolafson 7 1564 September 29, 2016 at 11:03 pm
Last Post: CWoods
  An Intersting conversation I had with a Creationist friend of mine. TanithDaUnicorn 39 5876 February 14, 2016 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Favorite Atheist books? TrueChristian 15 4135 December 31, 2015 at 1:24 am
Last Post: maestroanth
  Do we need more Atheist books for kids? process613 43 7528 November 30, 2014 at 4:14 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  A Scientific Response to Creationist on: Kinds Duke Guilmon 28 8236 April 27, 2014 at 8:45 am
Last Post: Duke Guilmon
  Books on dealing with suffering rybak303 14 7698 April 20, 2014 at 5:54 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Respectable books on apologetics? simpleinterest 35 7528 April 17, 2014 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Cato