Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Global warming skeptic does about face
Global warming skeptic does about face
UC Berkeley physics professor Richard Muller, head of the Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature (BEST) project, has had a change of heart concerning anthropogenic global warming.

Quote:Last year, following an intensive research effort involving a dozen scientists, I concluded that global warming was real and that the prior estimates of the rate of warming were correct. I’m now going a step further: Humans are almost entirely the cause.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/07/...rming?lite
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
RE: Global warming skeptic does about face
Well turn me over and paint me blue! Global warming is real? </sarcasm>

I can't stand to see real men of science who turn their back on their own profession by denying things like this. But hey, at least he had the decency to own up to his mistake, learn from the evidence and make a concerted effort to change his views when presented with overwhelming proof.
"Stop chasing your tail and relax. Jesus is watching you make shit up." Shell B to CliveStaples

(July 21, 2012 at 12:31 am)cato123 Wrote:
(July 21, 2012 at 12:22 am)C.W. Sims Wrote: I for one, as a homo, must say that if he was a homo, then he had to have looked fabulous on that cross. Nearly naked, body all ripped, oh wait.... yeah, never mind. I'm gonna just stop right there before I offend anyone. ROFLOL

I have a certain distaste for the emoticons, and particularly despise the laughing/rolling dude when used in response to one's own statement, but.....

Holy fuck that was funny! "Nearly naked, body all ripped,....". Oh, fuck me. I'm still laughing but can no longer piss myself since I've emptied the tank.
Climate change is real, not doubt about that.

It has been a fact for the past several billion years.

So..........
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(August 2, 2012 at 5:48 am)Zen Badger Wrote: So..........

We should just go ahead and do our worst and damn the consequences?
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
(August 2, 2012 at 8:15 am)popeyespappy Wrote:

I for one think that this whole "Global Warming- Climate Change" issue is a farce, being VERY good at alarming the population. But like Earth-quakes, Tsunamis, Drought and Floods is a normal part of the planetary cycles.

Having said the above I am also of the opinion that these natural factors are being utilised to "scare" the global population into funding the clean up necessary to reduce pollution of the global systems. So far I am yet to see any 'clean-up' and would dearly love to know where all the money has gone that has been collected thus far.

And so I at least am very sceptical of the whole movement, it's science (or the political hijacking there of), and the will of global governments (including the UN) of the resolve to actually clean-up our pollution. The design of our house and the estate it sits in tick ALL the necessary boxes for sustainability and environmental sensitivity.... but we are just one of many such estates here in Western Australia.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(August 2, 2012 at 8:15 am)popeyespappy Wrote:

No, not shitting in your own nest would be considered a good idea by even the average american.

However to act as if climate change is some sort of new disaster caused by humanity is to totally overlook the fact that climate change is going to happen regardless of whether we're here or not.

I personally feel that the whole thing has been overblown in order to justify extracting even more money from the average slob in the street.

Having said that I believe strongly that it it is in our own best interest to minimise our impact on the environment.

But we cannot avert climate change, it WILL happen. And efforts to do so are futile.

What we need to do is learn how to live with the outcome.

Btw, there is much green tech in our house. Solar panels for electricity and hot water. A lot of Ikea furniture made from recycled material. An edible garden, minimal lawn and very low water usage. Lots of other things.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Posted elsewhere but might be of interest here

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/06/20/dr...nier-term/
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Great blog post on the history of global warming science. Jehanne 0 603 December 17, 2016 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  A side-effect of global warming. Jehanne 16 2638 June 4, 2016 at 4:44 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Global ocean discovered on Saturn moon Cyberman 24 5224 September 17, 2015 at 11:55 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Global Warming: Long term observations yield unsurprising results popeyespappy 55 9517 March 14, 2015 at 7:09 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  John Oliver - Global Warming Video Minimalist 36 7773 May 30, 2014 at 5:18 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Global temperatures since 1950 pocaracas 20 3711 February 21, 2014 at 5:17 am
Last Post: Sejanus
  Global warming study, with Koch funding. 5thHorseman 8 3782 August 1, 2012 at 4:11 pm
Last Post: Welsh cake
  GeoScience- Carbon feed back loops and Global Warming KichigaiNeko 1 1104 April 24, 2011 at 11:53 pm
Last Post: ib.me.ub
  Global warming. Man-made or not? Darwinian 8 4010 October 31, 2008 at 7:17 am
Last Post: leo-rcc