Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why is the sin nature inherited?
Question 
Why is the sin nature inherited?
Ok, I'll keep it simple for you Christians: If Adam and Even were made perfect and then sin entered the world when Adam and Eve ate of the tree of knowledge and as a consequence Adam and Eve were now imperfect, how is it fair for all of their descendent's to be born imperfect and sinful? Isn't it a bit unfair for the descendants to be punished for the sins of the father? Shouldn't everyone be born perfect?

Apparently, if Adam and Eve did not eat of the tree, then we'd all be running naked in some tropical paradise having a good time with no knowledge of sin.

If you're a Christian, and you do not share this traditional understanding of the story of eden, please provide scriptural evidence to support your different understanding.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
RE: Why is the sin nature inherited?
I don't see a problem with it personally. Like father, like son.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
God had to have made that tempting serpent, too. Can't forget that.
If Adam and Eve were able to fuck up that badly, they were hardly created perfectly. Perfect creations don't fuck up; can you imagine if I created a perfect car that broke down in a matter of days?
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
[Image: bullshit_flowers.jpg]
(August 29, 2012 at 12:49 am)TaraJo Wrote: If Adam and Eve were able to fuck up that badly, they were hardly created perfectly. Perfect creations don't fuck up; can you imagine if I created a perfect car that broke down in a matter of days?

not only did A&E mess up right away, but the VERY first man ever born on this planet was a murderer. I'd say that makes their god either a supreme fuck-up or an exceptionally sly bastard bent on making mankind evil. Hell, if their god was real, I'd say we manage to do some good on this planet DESPITE him not at all BECAUSE of him.

Or maybe their god just knew that not only was his garden never going to be able to feed 7 billion people, but that he was going to want fuck with us a bit for his own amusement. It's such a poorly written stupid-ass story.
[Image: Evolution.png]

It basically went like this:

God: "Don't eat the fruit, m'kay?"
Satan: "Eat the fruit"

*eats fruit*

God: *facepalm*
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
Rather,

God: "and I though I was the god"

Christians : " you are god, you are god"

God: *facepalm*
[quote='teaearlgreyhot' pid='328222' dateline='1346207803']
[quote]Ok, I'll keep it simple for you Christians: If Adam and Even were made perfect and then sin entered the world when Adam and Eve ate of the tree of knowledge and as a consequence Adam and Eve were now imperfect, how is it fair for all of their descendent's to be born imperfect and sinful? Isn't it a bit unfair for the descendants to be punished for the sins of the father?[/quote]We are not. For being born is not a sin, we are born unto sin.

[quote] Shouldn't everyone be born perfect?[/quote]No.

[quote]Apparently, if Adam and Eve did not eat of the tree, then we'd all be running naked in some tropical paradise having a good time with no knowledge of sin. [/quote]Actually no. Adam and Eve would still be running around naked. Without knoweledge of their nakedness, no babies.. (as it was before the fall)
(September 11, 2012 at 7:25 pm)Drich Wrote: ...Actually no. Adam and Eve would still be running around naked. Without knoweledge of their nakedness, no babies.. (as it was before the fall)

Wait, so if "knowledge of nakedness" is necessary for reproduction, and this knowledge only comes once sins enters the world, then is sex sin? Something God designed is inherently sinful? Is that what you're implying?

Apparently in God's "perfect world" there would be no sex?
My ignore list

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sin and death LinuxGal 35 2265 December 11, 2023 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  the nature of sin Drich 137 18400 August 11, 2020 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. vorlon13 14 3077 August 1, 2017 at 2:54 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Sin and the Blame Game LadyForCamus 115 29964 June 20, 2017 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  Without the Shedding of Blood There is No Remission of Sin Rhondazvous 231 58171 June 4, 2017 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Zenith
  Why Lust is bad, not gonna use "sin" reason but logical reason Rispri 27 5558 March 4, 2017 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Question for Christians regarding elimination of Sin ErGingerbreadMandude 11 2767 January 29, 2017 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: The Wise Joker
  hate the sin, love the sinner mcolafson 101 14170 September 5, 2016 at 11:19 am
Last Post: LostLocke
  Sin & Forgiveness miaharun 119 15210 November 16, 2015 at 4:04 am
Last Post: robvalue
  The illusion of justice, sin and free will dyresand 17 4292 October 15, 2015 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho