Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello Forum
Hello Forum
Hello,

My name is Edward, and I'm interested in civil discussions related to proving the existence of God.

I will tell you up front that I'm quite a fundamentalist by nature, but I'm also a different kind of Christian, so I hope the two will balance each other out.

Hopefully, this is the beginning of a longstanding relationship.

Thanks for letting me join.

RE: Hello Forum
Welcome
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
Hello and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

I like your pictureSmile I need to go look up what a Veridicanist is now Tongue

Welcome
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
Welcome generic new member! Smile

Whatever your bent. We take all comers here.
Hey, Egor! So you left TTA to migrate here! Welcome!
EGOR! was it something I said?
Welcome! Big Grin
(February 24, 2013 at 5:18 am)Veridican Wrote: Hello,

My name is Edward.
Hi Edward!

You might be interested in these members:

Edward
Edward the Theist
Egor
ChristianKnight
Eyem4Christ

Why you may ask? Well, they're all you. You've been banned 6 times now. Take the hint. We don't want you trolling our forums.
(February 24, 2013 at 5:18 am)Veridican Wrote: Thanks for letting me join.

It's almost as if he knows.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello Forum! Michael Schubert 13 1484 July 8, 2013 at 9:51 am
Last Post: Tonus
  New to the forum - Hello! Neuroman 13 1608 January 8, 2013 at 5:18 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Hello, New To Forum, Hope I Don't Get Banned Blackrook 39 13489 September 26, 2012 at 2:00 pm
Last Post: Whatkins
  New to Forum - Hello! My Name is Tino Tino 20 4680 September 14, 2012 at 1:26 am
Last Post: JohnDG
  Hello Atheist Forum! Disciple 16 4805 April 23, 2012 at 4:48 am
Last Post: NoMoreFaith
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5990 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3647 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates