Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new computer
new computer
I'm getting a new computer, I'm actually only getting it so i can install the newest windows and the newest microsoft word and so i can do an ECDL course which may seem extreme but a new computer is always good to have anyway, what computer would you computer geeks recommend? I just want something fast furious and reliable. I don't know much about computers right now what sort of stuff should I be looking out for?

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: new computer
Yeah, a new computer does seem extreme for ECDL. It is basic stuff, but if you are in need of a new one regardless, then it is a good idea.

Anyway, what else do you plan to use it for? And what is your budget?
Cunt
(March 14, 2013 at 12:20 pm)frankiej Wrote: Yeah, a new computer does seem extreme for ECDL. It is basic stuff, but if you are in need of a new one regardless, then it is a good idea.

Anyway, what else do you plan to use it for? And what is your budget?

£500 I'm english by the way but I don't really need to know a specific computer just specific things about a computer i should look out for, my friend said i should be getting one with an i7 processor i think.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

I reccomend an Asus, with an i7 at least, but that will be expensive.
System76
https://www.system76.com/
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmM7-ByoFl8US4y_iRp5-...g86MG6N622]

Get a Mac.

'Nuff said.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein
(March 14, 2013 at 1:03 pm)Baalzebutt Wrote: Get a Mac.

'Nuff said.

Macs are scum

(March 14, 2013 at 1:21 pm)paulpablo Wrote:
(March 14, 2013 at 1:03 pm)Baalzebutt Wrote: Get a Mac.

'Nuff said.

Macs are scum

They are far better than PCs, so if Macs are scum, what does that make a PC?Tongue
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein
(March 14, 2013 at 1:24 pm)Baalzebutt Wrote:
(March 14, 2013 at 1:21 pm)paulpablo Wrote: Macs are scum

They are far better than PCs, so if Macs are scum, what does that make a PC?Tongue

I admit I'm just bias because I had to learn on macs when i was in secondary school (english word for high school) and i hated those lessons and i hated those macs, Ive always assumed PCs are more compatible with things and wide spread and popular aswell. Plus i don't understand the argument that macs are better surely the most powerful mac and most powerful pc are about equal or pcs are better.

(March 14, 2013 at 1:29 pm)paulpablo Wrote:
(March 14, 2013 at 1:24 pm)Baalzebutt Wrote: They are far better than PCs, so if Macs are scum, what does that make a PC?Tongue

I admit I'm just bias because I had to learn on macs when i was in secondary school (english word for high school) and i hated those lessons and i hated those macs, Ive always assumed PCs are more compatible with things and wide spread and popular aswell. Plus i don't understand the argument that macs are better surely the most powerful mac and most powerful pc are about equal or pcs are better.

Ok, I was just yanking your chain. But I will say that I have been a die-hard Mac user for a long time (I am a graphic artist by trade) so I find them to be far more stable, better built, easier to use and generally easier to upgrade, add to or fix.

It is true that processor speeds are equivalent, all else being equal, but I find that the Mac OS is a lighter system and therefore runs somewhat faster. I think the interface is more mature and user friendly and it doesn't assume the user is an idiot by trying to confirm EVERY SINGLE FUCKING THING I WANT TO DO!!!

In the end, it just comes down to preference, really. These days, most software is available for Mac and, in fact, you can run Windows on your Mac as well making it more versatile for any environment.

Just my 2¢.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apple computer! zebo-the-fat 8 666 September 22, 2023 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: SuperSentient
  Could we teach a computer to lie? Mechaghostman2 8 591 October 27, 2018 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Ever feel like eating your computer? paulpablo 9 1116 October 9, 2016 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What computer do you have? paulpablo 67 11095 September 29, 2016 at 9:22 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Computer memory and storage dyresand 22 3210 June 29, 2016 at 10:22 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Any computer nerds here? Hard reboots abaris 37 7078 March 31, 2016 at 7:57 am
Last Post: rado84
  Time to build a new computer ... Aractus 34 6331 August 14, 2014 at 6:40 am
Last Post: Nine
  The Computer Thread wolf39us 45 10270 July 1, 2014 at 8:38 am
Last Post: Jaysyn
  Technology, video, phone & computer questions Angrboda 26 5642 January 1, 2014 at 2:21 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  The Heretic Becomes a Businessman: The story of computer repair Creed of Heresy 4 2399 April 8, 2013 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Baalzebutt