Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 11:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If You Were Religious, What Religion Would it Be?
If You Were Religious, What Religion Would it Be?
If I were religious, I would probably be either a Buddhist or a Satanist. While seeming extremely different at first glance, Buddhism and Satanism both share an encouragement of thinking, rather than an aversion to it. I think any religion I would join would have to have that feature. I would probably lean more towards Satanism because I think that it is important to indulge your desires, to some extent. Not that you cannot indulge your desires under Buddhism, but one of the main goals of Buddhism is the cessation of desire, which I actually do not philosophically agree with.

What about you?
RE: If You Were Religious, What Religion Would it Be?
Certainly Buddhism.
Maybe I'd look into Scientology. At the end of the day, we all need a good laugh, right?
(March 30, 2013 at 9:51 pm)ThatMuslimGuy2 Wrote: Never read anything immoral in the Qur'an.
Paganism, most likely. Not that new age nonsense, but something more akin to animism.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Exactly like I am right now, probably... since I am religious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=682pneYoP0c

Also, a terrible chef. Whoever invented mathematics should shoot themselves. With a hammer.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
I would declare myself to be god
I always had more interest in other supernatural things like wizards, witches and dragons growing up. Wicca perhaps? Certainly it would be some pagan deal.
Wicca, especially if the spells would actually work Tongue
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Wicca although I'd still regard the deities as archetypes.
Badger Badger Badger Badger Where are the snake and mushroom smilies?
Some sort of animism probably. Something nature-based
"I trust my own reason and my own capacities to think and educate myself and to reach greater levels of knowlege and status through learning and work. To me, wishing for a god is like wishing to be a slave, it is like declaring that one is too incompetent to handle one's own affairs." - the germans are coming
I would try to learn magic since most religions teach it exists.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you learned that the god of [insert religion] is real, would all bets be off? Sicnoo0 58 4073 February 25, 2024 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  When were the Gospels Written? The External and Internal Evidence. Nishant Xavier 62 3376 August 6, 2023 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Are you a better atheist today than you were yesterday? Foxaèr 17 1591 March 24, 2021 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  World War I, religion died in the 20th century, science triumphed in religion in the Interaktive 35 4250 December 24, 2019 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Interaktive
  Which religion would be easiest for you if you had to be in one? Fake Messiah 31 3201 July 17, 2019 at 2:26 am
Last Post: Losty
  Atheists: What would you say to a dying child who asks you if they'll go to heaven? DodosAreDead 91 11376 November 2, 2018 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  If there were no atheists? Graufreud 24 4145 July 20, 2018 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  If you could replace god with satan, would you? Foxaèr 37 6530 April 28, 2018 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  What were your first questions? Sayetsu 51 7712 March 28, 2018 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  If christianity were true [hypothetical] dyresand 27 3846 June 17, 2016 at 4:22 am
Last Post: Alex K