Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rape and injustice.
Rape and injustice.
Outrage erupts online over 17-year old girl's suicide after her rape goes viral.

What the FUCK. I can't even BEGIN to describe how pissed off this makes me. She was gang-raped...and her class-mates FUCKING STARTED PASSING AROUND THE PHOTOS OF IT?! WHAT THE UNBELIEVABLE FUCK?!! I had to check this shit on Snopes, in a desperate belief that SOMEHOW this fucking crime against humanity had not happened and FUCK ME but it actually did happen, thus robbing me of any chance of saying "this is too horrible to be real."

I seriously hope these fucking rapist abominations get locked in prison for life. I genuinely hope the shitheads who shared the pictures get fucking sued for every last penny by the family for emotional damages to the point that they never get out of debt and their lives are ruined forever. I truly, sincerely, and honestly wish there was a heaven and a hell, for this poor girl to go to and these disgusting subhuman vile puddles of drizzly shitstains to burn in, respectively.

But I'll settle for them rotting in prison for the rest of their misbegotten lives.

Except they won't. Because according to the Canadian police, there was insufficient evidence. I guess photos of a girl being raped by four guys isn't really compelling proof to the canuck pigs.

That said. Anonymous is trying to uncover their identities. My they find success, and may these four find their lives torn apart by it. Sometimes mob justice is necessary when impartial justice fails. And oh boy did it ever fail this girl.

MEANWHILE. I am never fucking watching CNN ever again. Why? Because of THIS:

Online petition demands CNN's official apology for their coverage of the Steubenville rape story.

The fact we have to demand via petition CNN to issue an apology for sobbing and bemoaning the "tragedy two young football players' lives being destroyed" by the crime they fucking committed is the final straw. I used to tune in to CNN every so often. Not anymore, man. Never again. Fuck CNN with a cactus.

I gotta tell ya, this was a double-slap of rage to my face and I'm just...URGH. I could kill. Ok? I could literally go find these four shitheads and the anchors on CNN and kill with my bare hands. I wouldn't even care. I could throttle them, break their bones, drink in their screams of agony and just LAUGH. That's how infuriated I am right now.

This is disgusting. I feel unclean for living in a society where this happens and people get away with it, ok? I feel dirty. I feel sick, disgusted, tainted.

And also, the comparison between these two cases is really telling...in Canada, the cops do nothing. This isn't the first time I've heard about this kind of crap, either. Apparently Canada has a serious fucking problem with rape...namely, that the judicial institutions hardly bother with pursuing those cases. This reaction by her classmates? Very typical in Canada, apparently. Meanwhile, the same thing happens in Ohio. The pictures get passed around, and people start calling...not the girl a slut...no, they started calling for BLOOD. So, to anyone who says America's culture is toxic, that WE are the greatest rape culture in the developed world?

FUCK. YOU. Look at our darling little neighbor and start saying that shit because at least we TRY to pursue justice!

If you REALLY want to educate yourself [I'm not going to go digging for the sources, I'm sorry. My hands are shaking and I can't focus straight, but I assure you the information IS there and it's not hard to find, I was just reading about this a couple weeks ago], look up the statistics on rape charges. In the US, it's an abysmal 25% conviction rate. That said, before any of you brits start gloating and going on about "typical Americans," the conviction rate for rape in jolly ol' England is 1%. Yeah, don't break your fucking ankles stumbling on that piece of knowledge...Oh, and, also? You guys actually have a higher rate of reported rapes per population, like a good solid 1% more than the US. Also, in Canada, the reported rapes are EXTREMELY low. Thing is, there is a huge social stigma in Canada to reporting being raped; it becomes open knowledge, and the mockery quickly follows, and apparently the conviction rate for rapes in Canada? Virtually non-existent. I literally couldn't find any numbers for Canadian rape prosecutions. And I couldn't help but notice how many nations also scored around their similar amount for percentages and total rapes...and how those nations are ubiquitously all ass-backwards nations where rape is considered the norm. Given how many friends I've known from Canada who were raped and who have gone on about how they could never let it be known that they were raped lest everyone tear them apart for it...yeah.

I need to get really REALLY fucking stoned right now...
RE: Rape and injustice.
Ugh...I'm going to vomit. This is one of those times that words simply fail to express the disgust I feel.

As for the football rapists, yes, those poor boys had such promising careers that are now ruined by the courts. Perhaps they should have thought of that before they fucking raped someone! They're lucky I'm not that gir'ls father, because I would probably cut their balls off.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
This seems like one of those threads that needs a chill pill for the readers ...

I was just telling my room-mate that it WAS a shame their lives were ruined by this prison sentence. I would much rather have preferred their lives to be ruined by a castration sentence.

The C.O.H.5000 RageMachine needs no chillpills.

UPDATE: Anonymous reports two of four rapists identified, working on identifying the other two, threatens to release information if police do not act immediately.
It just occurred to me that I don't rage at this stuff anymore. It just makes me incredibly sad. Thanks for taking on the rage, Creed.
(April 10, 2013 at 5:03 pm)Creed of Heresy Wrote: I was just telling my room-mate that it WAS a shame their lives were ruined by this prison sentence. I would much rather have preferred their lives to be ruined by a castration sentence.

Quite agreed that rapists should be castrated. Those bits are made to bring pleasure to others, not pain. If you can't use them responsibly, they should be taken away.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(April 10, 2013 at 6:33 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote:
(April 10, 2013 at 5:03 pm)Creed of Heresy Wrote: I was just telling my room-mate that it WAS a shame their lives were ruined by this prison sentence. I would much rather have preferred their lives to be ruined by a castration sentence.

Quite agreed that rapists should be castrated. Those bits are made to bring pleasure to others, not pain. If you can't use them responsibly, they should be taken away.
Castration doesn't stop rape. It just makes rapists get creative.
(April 10, 2013 at 6:16 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: It just occurred to me that I don't rage at this stuff anymore. It just makes me incredibly sad. Thanks for taking on the rage, Creed.

I don't either. Not because I don't care, mind you - I do care very much. I just feel so utterly powerless to do anything about it, and it physically sickens me to see human beings treated so callously by sub-human trash.

I can live with the fact that we have an imperfect justice system that can't always put away these animals, as distasteful as that is. No, what is most bothersome is the COMPLETE LACK OF FUCKING SIMPLE HUMAN EMPATHY exhibited in the behavior of some whom I loathe to call people.

I should have stayed in bed this morning.
It's not about stopping rape. It's about punishing it. Some things can't be stopped, but there are ways to make a guilty person suffer dearly for their crimes. I wouldn't count castration out of being a valid form of punishment for rape. And in truth, the horror of losing your genitals, well...let's just say there are some things that all men universally are terrified of. That's one of 'em.

Start chopping balls off for rapes. Watch rape rate plummet. ??? Profit! Hell, I'd volunteer to be a rapist castrator in two seconds. They wouldn't even need to pay me, just log it as community service.

And Rebecca: I am pretty sure I mentioned this a while ago, but if so it was well before you came to the forums. I volunteer as a rape-survivor counselor for an emergency-help group up here in Wisconsin. They can't afford to pay us; the service is city-funded and people can only volunteer for it. I started a little over a year and a half ago. I'm on the phones most Fridays from 9am-2pm and then I volunteer for direct assistance from 2pm-6pm. Phones are when people call in that they've been raped, doesn't matter when, and I provide what little assistance I can to try to calm them down and to direct them to report the crime to law enforcement. Direct assistance is for people who are in extreme distress and trauma. It's basically when they come in and we work to try to help them however we can. It's rough, I'm not going to lie. Most of the time, around here, it's college girls from University of Wisconsin getting raped by frat fucks, most often by intoxicating them at parties or spiking their drinks and raping them while they're unconscious but we have violent rapes, too. Every story I hear fills me with rage. Not towards the victim but towards the perpetrators. Last week, I was only there in the morning, but I was on direct assistance instead of the phones. I spent the entire time talking to a girl who had been duct-taped to a fence out off the interstate and raped by twelve different guys who took turns on her. She was completely broken by the experience. I'm going to be talking to her in two more days. I'm terrified that she's going to kill herself before then.

I will never. EVER. Stop being enraged at this. I will never find a limit to the loathing I have for rapists. My hatred for them is bottomless. It is a singularity of contempt and disgust that consumes all other feelings I might have for them. And when they get off scot-free for their crimes and I hear about it, there is no single thing, not even the most wildly screeching muslim fundamentalists, that can conjure up such pure, distilled, seething fury.

http://www.danecountyrcc.org/ This is the place I volunteer at.
I gotta hand it to you Creed, I couldn't volunteer for that. Good for you to help these people.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheney challenger admits to statutory rape: Republicans don't care Rev. Rye 39 2113 May 28, 2021 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Punishment for rape in Turkey? Marry your rapist. Mechaghostman2 2 308 January 23, 2020 at 6:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  So Trump can insult a Gold Star family, brag about rape, brag about molesting kids NuclearEnergy 23 4840 May 7, 2017 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: scoobysnack
  Court Mandated Gang rape downbeatplumb 28 7040 January 25, 2014 at 11:27 am
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  To what extent is a rape victim responsible for the crime? Something completely different 81 22285 October 2, 2013 at 6:59 am
Last Post: Ben Davis
  Rape sentence reverberates across India pocaracas 27 7579 September 18, 2013 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Violet
  You know what really grinds my gears? RAPE-UBLICANS Mystical 93 45450 September 11, 2013 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: Statler Waldorf
  What happens when you rape 5 year old in Texas wwjs 7 3266 September 6, 2013 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: Isun
  GOP lawmaker suggests rape kits can give abortions Ryantology 8 4883 June 25, 2013 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  Japanese politician: rape was necessary during WW2 ideologue08 26 11398 May 22, 2013 at 9:45 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris