Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
if god is, he is no more, but he was
if god is, he is no more, but he was
dont know if it has been posted here before, and i think scott adams wrote a book with a simalar idea (havent read yet) but if god is (for lack of better term) i dont think he exists anymore, but destroyed himself out of omnipotent bordom, perhaps the transferrence of energy (in all forms) is the chunks of god regrouping. perhaps the big bang was gods suicide even. this i think makes much more sense if you must believe in a god than god exists now and stays hidden from us all and has some secret plans for us all that only make sense to him and therefore never creates recent (or any) evidence of his existence.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys" - P.J. O'Rourke

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"Nothing succeeds like the appearance of success." - Christopher Lasch

RE: if god is, he is no more, but he was
lol ^_^ You should probably start using better GSP (Grammar, Spelling, Punctuation), but I understood that perfectly &_&

If only an omnipotent god could commit suicide... if death defeats it: it is not all powerful Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(September 9, 2009 at 2:57 am)Saerules Wrote: If only an omnipotent god could commit suicide... if death defeats it: it is not all powerful Smile

thats why i say that it is not dead, but its chunks (in the form of energy or perhaps information) are regrouping, and at the so-predicted end of time will all the chunks of god have come together into a mass of infinite information/energy that is god, and since those chunks will have composed everything, this mass of infinite information/energy will have witnessed all there is to have witnessed in that cycle.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys" - P.J. O'Rourke

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

Haha! But he knew it was going to happen, did he not? One would guess that since knowledge is power: an omnipotent god would be omniscient as well Smile And that omniscient god would be omnipresent. And that god still couldn't make a rock so heavy that he could not lift it Tongue Therefore none of them can exist Smile
im not saying its true, far from it, but it makes more sense than the cristian-judael veiw of god, and since god has no begining or end, god would never have ever experienced anything new. god is like being traped in a stark room of equal dimentions on all sides, for eternity, with a tamper proof tv/vcr and only one movie.

Well, it makes more sense than that nonsense ^_^ Makes you feel kinda sorry for god, eh? Smile
(September 9, 2009 at 2:51 am)theblindferrengi Wrote: dont know if it has been posted here before, and i think scott adams wrote a book with a simalar idea (havent read yet) but if god is (for lack of better term) i dont think he exists anymore, but destroyed himself out of omnipotent bordom, perhaps the transferrence of energy (in all forms) is the chunks of god regrouping. perhaps the big bang was gods suicide even. this i think makes much more sense if you must believe in a god than god exists now and stays hidden from us all and has some secret plans for us all that only make sense to him and therefore never creates recent (or any) evidence of his existence.

It is an interesting concept.
The dark side awaits YOU...AngryAtheism
"Only the dead have seen the end of war..." - Plato
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
I personally think it's silly to contemplate concepts you could never verify and is not falsifiable. As interesting as these concepts may be, we need to work within the physical world because there can be as many "Maybe God is..." as you can imagine. And we already have too many of those as is. e_e
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
I agree. This should strike as obvious to people Elionnwy. It's a shame that it doesn't to many.

I think many people (mostly theists - and especially creationists...and... mormons!) suffer from what I call EDD: Evidence Deficit Disorder.

EvF
Lol ^_^ Well diagnosed, Doctor EvF Smile EDD, RtDC, B&WS... what else do theists usually suffer from?

Lol, mormons aren't theists or creationists? ^_^

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I love cats and monkies more, than god Interaktive 14 1036 August 26, 2022 at 8:31 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Theists wan't a god but.. dyresand 3 1412 November 1, 2014 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: polar bear
  The more troubling fact is not that this may be genuine, but that it's hard to doubt Mudhammam 16 5038 August 13, 2014 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Lucanus
  You atheists are the scum of the Earth, but god loves you Yahweh 29 6705 November 19, 2013 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  "I considered myself atheist, but I still talked to god" Terr 24 6618 June 8, 2013 at 10:35 am
Last Post: ReasonableRuben