Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I asked some christians if they would give it their best shot at converting me
So I asked some christians if they would give it their best shot at converting me
I wanted to have a nice intelligent conversation with people that have a different point of veiw.
I suggest you see for yourself.
http://www.worthychristianforums.com/top...-me/page-3
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
RE: So I asked some christians if they would give it their best shot at converting me
Quote:You say you are an atheist? Lets begin there. That means that in your mind, everything just got here from nothing on its own.

Wow. They've got a lot of dumb motherfuckers over there, don't they?
RE: So I asked some christians if they would give it their best shot at converting me
The theme there seems to be that they are not capable of converting you but that only God can. Seems like a cop out. Also seems that the same Yaweh who could part the Red Sea can't even convince most of the world that he is real any more. What's the deal with that?
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
So, you decided to troll a bunch of Christians? Why?

And I see that they didn't fail to use false empathy in a derogatory and condescending manner...

Quote:Entertainment for a bored soul with no direction or belief. All we can do is pray for them and leave them where they lie.

If there is one thing Christians excel at, it is pompously insulting someone with a veil of concern.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Really what did you expect going over there. It is a comic book fan club. They've already blindly drank the Kool Aid.

1. Assume first.
2. Go with your own personal desires
3. Appeal to tradition and popular belief
4. Use circular reasoning to justify myth
(September 3, 2013 at 10:13 am)Faith No More Wrote: So, you decided to troll a bunch of Christians? Why?

And I see that they didn't fail to use false empathy in a derogatory and condescending manner...

Quote:Entertainment for a bored soul with no direction or belief. All we can do is pray for them and leave them where they lie.

If there is one thing Christians excel at, it is pompously insulting someone with a veil of concern.

Aye that they did, I love how not one of them has come up with a good reason. Hell when I was a christian I could have a done better job then these people.
Still the false empathy thing pisses me off, especially because some christian are geniune about it and don't even realize they are being insulting. Thats how far the poison goes.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(September 3, 2013 at 12:11 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: Aye that they did, I love how not one of them has come up with a good reason. Hell when I was a christian I could have a done better job then these people.

I think you turned some of them off with your approach. You asked to be converted, rather than ask for their arguments for the existence of god. I can sympathize, because I hate it when theists present themselves with false motivations here.

(September 3, 2013 at 12:11 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: Still the false empathy thing pisses me off, especially because some christian are geniune about it and don't even realize they are being insulting. Thats how far the poison goes.

Oh, I have no doubt that many Christians don't actually see the derogatory nature of statements like, "I will pray for you to see the light." It's part of what makes Christianity so damn frustrating and annoying.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
The precise reason why I don't go hunting for them, FNM. If they want to sit around and bless each other for bullshit that is their business. But when they show up here, it's hunting season and there's no bag limit.
The way they're acting is completely understandable, IMO. LV, you essentially barged into their living room to insult them. They're being more charitable than a lot of us here at AF would be. Batshit insane, yes, but they're right about being offended. You're being rude and your arguments aren't that good.
I like what said Nebula at the page 5 : "Can you prove your real name and gender on this message board? (Note: I'm not asking you to reveal your name - just asking if you could give proof on this message board that "you" are "you.") Your profile says you are male. Can you prove this to me across the internet on this message board?

Now I could tell you about times I know God spoke to me, but can I convince you that it was God? No, I've tried that before with others.

The point is - do you believe I am schizo?"

Seriously if God was real he was unmaterial and Internet is material because it use "modems , servers , routers etc...". These objects are composed of atoms therefore there are materials things. You can prove the material facts but not metaphysical stuff.

Ask to them how they can refute these documents who show that Exodus never happened without use the Bible.

I.The Bible Unearthed: Archaeology's New Vision of Ancient Israel and the Origin of Its Sacred Texts by Israel Finkelstein and Neil Asher Silberman published at Free press in 2001. (ISBN 978-0-684-86912-4).
II.Thierry Ragobert produced a documentary with the data from the book. (Some datas from this documentary are more recent than datas from the book). In the title of this doc there are "The Bible Unearthed" I can't remember of the other part of the title.
III.The Bible's buried secrets produced by Gary Glassman. (A transcription of this documentary is available here.)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  why do people still have faith in god even after seeing their land turned into dust? zempo 8 1459 June 20, 2021 at 8:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  How to beat a presupp at their own game Superjock 150 12009 April 16, 2021 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Sister asked me to be 'God father' to her son Tomatoshadow2 60 4161 January 24, 2021 at 7:04 am
Last Post: Tomatoshadow2
  Atheists being asked about the existence of Jesus Der/die AtheistIn 154 17252 January 24, 2019 at 1:30 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheists: What would you say to a dying child who asks you if they'll go to heaven? DodosAreDead 91 11356 November 2, 2018 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Miracles and their place, and Atheists. Mystic 35 4475 October 4, 2018 at 3:53 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Famous people losing their religion: stories Fake Messiah 14 2772 May 21, 2018 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  I'd like to ask my fellow atheists if they would be happy to learn there was a god. Whateverist 88 16440 September 4, 2017 at 1:27 am
Last Post: Astonished
  I would like some advise Hammok Man 78 20107 August 8, 2017 at 9:48 am
Last Post: mordant
  Why people afraid to ask questions about their beliefs? Torin 21 4475 August 13, 2016 at 1:08 am
Last Post: robvalue