Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apparently Disney's Frozen is pure gay propaganda
Apparently Disney's Frozen is pure gay propaganda
http://news.yahoo.com/frozen-gay-conspir...itics.html

Quote:After being dragged against her will three different times by three sets of grandchildren to see Frozen, Skaggs couldn’t “Let It Go” any longer. After the third viewing she was convinced: This beloved movie, with its top-notch animation and its catchy theme song doesn’t just have homosexual undertones (what Disney movie doesn’t?) but is 108 minutes of pure gay propaganda!
Like Skaggs, neither Swanson nor his co-host Steve Vaughn, offer much in the way of specific examples of lines, scenes or even themes in the movie that prove their point. In fact, the only proof of “gay messaging” Skaggs provides is the suggestion that the main character Elsa’s magical power is a metaphor for homosexuality: She is ostracized by the public and even her family, just like the “demonization of homosexuals by society.”
National Catholic Register writer Steven Greydanus (who actually questioned Frozen’s gayness back in January) not only saw the rejected Elsa as a symbol for oppressed gay people, he also points out that Elsa, unlike her boycrazy sister, shows no interest in dating, so clearly she is a lesbian. If that’s not enough, following the closing credits “Elsa’s giant, male-voiced snow monster, wandering through her abandoned ice palace, picks up her abandoned tiara and places it daintily on his own head, smiling as it discovers its true inner princess.”
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
RE: Apparently Disney's Frozen is pure gay propaganda
A conspiracy theory that I would have no troubles with if it were true.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
Crap, that's for real eh?

I can't wait for the article about a geologist who had to be dragged to see Noah 3 times, and just couldn't take it anymore...
Noah needs the MST3K treatment.

[Image: silhouette.jpg]
Hey, if you can't win the fight against a real enemy- like facts- then I guess you gotta manufacture one.

Now, I love Frozen, I think it's awesome, and hearing this just... kinda makes me wonder exactly how much these right wing panic mongers actually bothered to know about the production of the movie before they decided what was up with it. As usual, simple facts break apart a lot of what they assume; take the song they all hate on, Let It Go. It's a great song, but a little knowledge helps defuse their problems with it; see, it was originally a villain song, because in the original screenplay Elsa was the fucking villain of the movie. The reason she got changed into one of the heroes was because of how life affirming Let It Go was- and it was written independent of the story- and how well it was performed by Idina Menzel.

To say that this movie is an endorsement of homosexuality is to ignore the fact that for the longest time the script would have conveyed the exact opposite message, if one were to read Elsa as gay.

This shit is just stupid, but then, what else should we expect from bigoted assholes? Rolleyes
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
** Yeah... it's true... After watching it, my 3 male kids just wanted to sleep in the same bed and go down on each other. **

-.-'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvCfPIU3a...4dmDt4Cd6A

Figured I may as well post this video too. It's sad that people get offended by movies trying to teach tolerance.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I watched it with my daughter and her best friend last week. I missed the gay promo bit - or it didn't register with me.

I guess we all see what we want to see. For me it wasn't such a great movie - I much preferred Despicable Me 2 which I thought was excellent.

Nice song though.
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!
Whatever you do don't let them watch Topgun then!
I saw this and hadn't gotten to the article to read it yet.

It isn't "helped" by the articles I've also seen, on the sorts of entertainment sites that dumb people like to trawl through, which make up numerical lists on why Frozen is totally, like, the gayest movie EVAHHHHH!

As you can imagine, these teenage vocabulary lists are pretty thin as far as their analysis, but both use the same reasoning.

It really fucking irritates me that the inherently positive feminist story is being shit on. I thought it was a fantastic Disney movie just for the line "You can't marry someone you just met," and a great movie for girls because THE LEAD GUY ASKS CONSENT BEFORE HE KISSES HER, and because the story wasn't all about being lovey-dovey with a boy, it was a great movie in general (I'm really sick of girl meets boy plots and appreciate that Brave was about a girl's relationship with her mother, and this one was about a relationship between sisters).

It's not like Disney's unused to people globbing their agendas onto them though. I swear if I see another fucking meme about how Little Mermaid is a horrible movie because it teaches girls they have to "change themselves" to be with a boy, I might have an aneurysm. It's always followed up by the same people who spread it around with posts like "I DARE YOU NOT TO WEAR MAKE UP FOR TWO WEEKS! DISCOVER THE BEAUTY WITHIN!"
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Propaganda Films and Hate Speech Astonished 41 13773 August 1, 2017 at 11:16 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Apparently The Fucking Baptists Have A Problem Minimalist 19 6606 June 25, 2017 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Apparently - at FIX NEWS Minimalist 6 1541 August 3, 2014 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Apparently football is a sin now Dystopia 67 11470 July 11, 2014 at 8:36 pm
Last Post: Dystopia
  How can a god, that apparently loves everyone, allow this kind of thing to happen? Bad Wolf 215 78292 October 29, 2013 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  Ray Comfort apparently is not a fan of books. Ryantology 17 5177 April 6, 2013 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Creationism = Pure Freaking Magic Gooders1002 35 15333 May 30, 2012 at 8:19 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Bible apparently ahead of it's time Tobie 11 5505 March 7, 2012 at 10:58 am
Last Post: reverendjeremiah
  Book of Acts: Pure Fantasy DeistPaladin 314 179334 February 14, 2012 at 9:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Former Ex-Gay Activist Admits Gay People Don’t Change Rev. Rye 64 24853 December 30, 2011 at 6:46 pm
Last Post: TheDarkestOfAngels