Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apparently football is a sin now
Apparently football is a sin now
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/08...f=religion

Quote:Alexander Shumsky, a Russian priest and member of the Russian Writers Union, published a scathing critique of the FIFA World Cup on Monday, denouncing it as a "homosexual abomination," according to the Moscow Times.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

RE: Apparently football is a sin now
(July 10, 2014 at 7:06 pm)Blackout Wrote: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/08...f=religion

Quote:Alexander Shumsky, a Russian priest and member of the Russian Writers Union, published a scathing critique of the FIFA World Cup on Monday, denouncing it as a "homosexual abomination," according to the Moscow Times.

I thought it was a feminist abomination since it involves somewhat effiminate men (in some cases) kicking balls . . .
Dying to live, living to die.
umm. Odd.
Someone needs to hurry up and invent a new sport. We've been living with the same few for too long.
(July 10, 2014 at 7:06 pm)Blackout Wrote: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/08...f=religion

I agree with him You wouldn't see guys playing real American football wearing those gay outfits.
Reminds me of this:

Seriously though, it does make me laugh how the next world cup is going to be in a country that is oppressing thousands of homosexuals. Nice one FIFA, just keep sucking in the money right? Next you'll be telling me the world cup after that is going to be at a place where they want to have air conditioned stadiums because it's so damn hot there...
(July 10, 2014 at 7:31 pm)Napoléon Wrote: Seriously though, it does make me laugh how the next world cup is going to be in a country that is oppressing thousands of homosexuals. Nice one FIFA, just keep sucking in the money right? Next you'll be telling me the world cup after that is going to be at a place where they want to have air conditioned stadiums because it's so damn hot there...

If we don't keep politics out of sports, they'll be ruined like so many other things. Watching a game is one thing I can do and get away from the world for awhile.
Well, what happened between Germany and Brazil was definitely a sin.
(July 10, 2014 at 7:30 pm)Lek Wrote:

I agree with him You wouldn't see guys playing real American football wearing those gay outfits.

And you don't see real guys playing rugby wearing armour and helmets . . .

Wink Shades
Dying to live, living to die.
Religious fanatics are dangerous to one's health and well-being. That fanatic will have all men wearing burkas if he gets his way.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sin and death LinuxGal 35 2248 December 11, 2023 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  the nature of sin Drich 137 18352 August 11, 2020 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. vorlon13 14 3075 August 1, 2017 at 2:54 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Apparently The Fucking Baptists Have A Problem Minimalist 19 6605 June 25, 2017 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Sin and the Blame Game LadyForCamus 115 29950 June 20, 2017 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  Without the Shedding of Blood There is No Remission of Sin Rhondazvous 231 58102 June 4, 2017 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Zenith
  Why Lust is bad, not gonna use "sin" reason but logical reason Rispri 27 5538 March 4, 2017 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Question for Christians regarding elimination of Sin ErGingerbreadMandude 11 2765 January 29, 2017 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: The Wise Joker
  hate the sin, love the sinner mcolafson 101 14163 September 5, 2016 at 11:19 am
Last Post: LostLocke
  Sin & Forgiveness miaharun 119 15188 November 16, 2015 at 4:04 am
Last Post: robvalue