Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catholic miracles
Catholic miracles
I was raised Catholic, but the only thing that makes me think that it might be true are the miracles. I would like to dispel that doubt. I have researched them, and Catholics have the strongest case for miracles of any religion. They have thousands of saints, and each saint can be tied to numerous miracles before and after death. Here is more information:

http://listverse.com/2008/07/14/top-10-a...-miracles/

http://www.miraclesofthechurch.com/

There are thousands more than those listed. Other religions don't have this many or this level of validity. What am I missing?
RE: Catholic miracles
You should be smelling the bullshit. Perhaps you have a head cold?

Failing that, get hold of Candida Moss' The Myth of Persecution and find out all about these fucking saints and their miracles.

It's a lucrative scam for the biggest bunch of criminals mankind has produced.
Evidence of actual miracles.

Or to put it more plainly, but with more verbiage, the more implausible an event, the more evidence is required to prove it actually happened.

1. I had beef for dinner tonight (probably most people will believe it just on my say-so).

2. I won the Nobel Prize. ---At a minimum you're going to want to look this one up.

3. I have a cure diabetes. --- If you have any sense you are going to want to see the clinical trials.

4. There is a dragon in my basement. --- Photos, videos, and an some eyewitnesses minimum.

5. Miracle. --- Repeated clinical tests, minimum.

What we tend to get? Credulous eyewitnesses to things a magician might do on stage usually told third hand four centuries ago.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(December 6, 2014 at 11:01 pm)beatlesman Wrote: I was raised Catholic, but the only thing that makes me think that it might be true are the miracles. I would like to dispel that doubt. I have researched them, and Catholics have the strongest case for miracles of any religion. They have thousands of saints, and each saint can be tied to numerous miracles before and after death. Here is more information:

http://listverse.com/2008/07/14/top-10-a...-miracles/

http://www.miraclesofthechurch.com/

There are thousands more than those listed. Other religions don't have this many or this level of validity. What am I missing?

I haven't clicked on the links, but I'm willing to bet that there's nothing miraculous on there but probably rather lies and unsubstantiated claims.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
There has never, ever been one single substantiated miracle, or any evidence one ever occurred. I think that about covers it Smile

It depends on what you call a miracle anyway. Some people will call almost anything a fucking miracle.

And... Ok atheist experience time again. Even if someone can produce, under test conditions, a miracle, that is an event which has no current natural explanation, then all you have is an unexplained phenomon. The next thing would be to investigate the cause. Just because someone apparently caused the event, they don't get to make up an explanation, unless they can demonstrate that explanation is true. And at that point, it's not a miracle no more is it?

An analogy, I do a seemingly impossible card trick. You think it literally can't be done, it's so amazing. I tell you I teleported a card. Does that mean I actually teleported a card?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Tens of Thousands of Americans claim to have been abducted by Aliens.

Therefore Aliens???
Yes. Why would they lie? Can you prove they weren't? That many people can't be wrong. How else would they know what an alien ship looks like? Were you there? You just don't want to believe in aliens. Why do you hate aliens?
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
I have a comic book that says aliens exist. Thats all I need!
(December 6, 2014 at 11:09 pm)Minimalist Wrote: It's a lucrative scam for the biggest bunch of criminals mankind has produced.

And let's not forget the lucrative relics trade. That's how mankind came into possession of 17 arms of the same saint and if we count the churches claiming to own pieces of Jesus's foreskin, he must have had a cock scraping the stratosphere.

Let's also not forget, that all these so called miracles have been validated by the clergy. And even now there are halfwits claiming to see Jesus in birdshit splashed on the window screen.

[Image: Jesus-in-bird-poop-e1361845342392.jpg&w=...zc=1&q=100]

Oh, it's a miracle. That bird shat Jesus all over my car. Maybe it was the holy ghost dropping a load.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Wow that's amazing, a being with no limit to its power communicating in shit patterns. How did I miss that?

What's the message meant to be? If anything it sounds like a cry for help. I'm trapped and this is the only way I can communicate! Get me out of here, help!

Index of my best videos

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Former Catholic MR. Macabre 666 12 1274 October 2, 2023 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  Are miracles evidence of the existence of God? ido 74 4100 July 24, 2020 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Miracles Not In Our Favor! chimp3 18 1536 June 9, 2020 at 7:01 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Being Catholic isn't an ethnic thing. Joods 0 791 March 12, 2018 at 8:36 am
Last Post: Joods
  The connection between Catholic priests and Muhammadan pedo gangs? ReptilianPeon 18 6494 May 17, 2015 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Anyone very educated in the catholic churches history? LoveLogicalLife 21 4371 August 11, 2014 at 11:29 am
Last Post: ManMachine
  Why no miracles anymore? KUSA 80 14612 March 31, 2014 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  Is the catholic church a force for good? justin 78 20582 March 20, 2013 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: Mystical
  Catholic fuckers Zen Badger 1 1089 February 6, 2013 at 6:26 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Gods acts of punishment and miracles. Gooders1002 23 9309 November 13, 2012 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet