Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bored
Bored
So I've been with this girl for a little over 3 years.  We have a loan for a car together and live together, but nothing further (by my own choice).  I have no desire to marry this girl and I'm not even sure I want to marry anyone... but definitely not this girl.

I'm literally starting to feel bored.

I guess I'm having a tough time putting my finger on exactly why I don't exactly feel excited to be in a relationship with her.  Have any of you ever left someone out of boredom?

[edit] Actually, maybe it's not boredom necessarily. She's just so negative and complains so damn much about everything. I complain about things too, but this woman puts me to shame. She hardly ever has a positive outlook on anything at all!
RE: Bored
I am confused. So you two are room mates and you share a car, and that's it? Why would you expect this "relationship" to play such a big role in your life in the first place?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(May 28, 2015 at 8:54 am)Alex K Wrote: I am confused. So you two are room mates and you share a car, and that's it? Why would you expect this "relationship" to play such a big role in your life in the first place?

We're boyfriend and girlfriend.  We may as well be roommates lol

I don't know, I guess I thought I'd be more into it than I am.  She moved with me from Florida to CT and we have a car together and what not... I'm almost feeling obligated to keep things going but I'm wondering personally if that's a futile effort.

Not sure how I would even go about saying to her that I'm just not "into" her I guess.  I've broken up with a couple of girls before, but they were when I was a lot younger.  

My 2nd girlfriend was the only girl that I truly wanted to be with, but she ended up leaving me (some of you might remember those stories lol).
Quote:We may as well be roommates lol

From what you wrote before I assumed there were no "intimate" relations going on.

Hm. Break up.

What do you think how she would take it?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

(May 28, 2015 at 9:12 am)Alex K Wrote:
Quote:We may as well be roommates lol

From what you wrote before I assumed there were no "intimate" relations going on.

Hm. Break up.

What do you think how she would take it?

I have no idea...  
Do you have the impression that she depends on you a lot emotionally, more than vice versa? In other words "would she be ok?"

It sounds like you have grown apart, or have discovered you're not compatible. It has happened to me before. I've got to the point where I realized I didn't feel the same way as I used to, and I was pretty sure she didn't either. We broke up, and it was definitely the right move.

If you don't enjoy being in a relationship, there's not a lot of point being in it, in my opinion. Could you stay friends, if you did break up?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Bored
We would almost certainly stay friends
That's good to hear Smile

I wouldn't suggest rushing to any decisions, and it may be worth talking it through, but I would take boredom as a very bad sign.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Wolf! Shit, man, it's been a minute. How'd the move go? How's the new job?

As far as this situation, there is something to be said about at least talking about what bothers you with her. Maybe the reason she is so negative is because she's just as bored and unhappy as you are, and regrets moving to Connecticut, and giving her an outlet to talk about it could resolve your issues and hers.

So talk about it. If you guys need to just stop dating and live together and share a car note, is that possible?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you get bored? zwanzig 19 1002 June 14, 2023 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  How bored are you? arewethereyet 83 5361 May 8, 2020 at 11:14 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  This is how bored I actually am Cod 0 385 October 2, 2019 at 7:10 am
Last Post: Cod
  Bored at work Expired 7 1598 November 16, 2016 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Expired
  Bored. Want to change my user name. Joods 127 7923 January 25, 2016 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: Joods
  I'm sick and bored... It sucks Dystopia 14 2757 April 12, 2015 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  I got bored and loaded up IOgrapher dyresand 8 1547 January 24, 2015 at 6:25 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  kinda bored DramaQueen 6 1610 August 14, 2014 at 1:11 pm
Last Post: DramaQueen
  I am bored so I want to ask you some questions :D Losty 50 6866 July 25, 2014 at 12:23 am
Last Post: Violet
  Feeling bored LogicOrDie 16 3549 July 8, 2014 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0