Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What could Redeem Humans?
What could Redeem Humans?
Humans are Selfish, Obnoxious and Ignorant. Look at what they've achieved: Destroying forests, forcing multiple species into extinction, Genocide, Global Warming and a never ending parade of Failures and logical fallacies. 

What could possibly Redeem Humans?
RE: What could Redeem Humans?
A massive culling....
Dying to live, living to die.
Redemption? Was ist das?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
We could start by getting rid of all the fuckheads who think we need redemption.
(November 4, 2015 at 8:47 pm)Shining_Finger Wrote: Humans are Selfish, Obnoxious and Ignorant.

Mozart, Bernini, Shakespeare, Newton, Lincoln... I think humans are noble, ingenious, and profound.
Black-tinted glasses tint the world as surely as the rose-colored variety do.

(November 4, 2015 at 8:47 pm)Shining_Finger Wrote: Humans are Selfish, Obnoxious and Ignorant. Look at what they've achieved: Destroying forests, forcing multiple species into extinction, Genocide, Global Warming and a never ending parade of Failures and logical fallacies. 

All the good things we do, and the fact that in more modern nations we've been getting better over time.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(November 4, 2015 at 10:48 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Black-tinted glasses tint the world as surely as the rose-colored variety do.

Well said. Nowadays I'm too much of a cynic about the cynics to be a cynic about the non-cynics any more (or less) than a cynic about the cynics.

Say that ten times fast.
Personally, I'm just trying to be a little less of the worst qualities of H. Sapiens every day, and little more of the better - but not always succeeding. That's redemptive enough for me.
(November 4, 2015 at 11:28 pm)Skeletor Wrote: Personally, I'm just trying to be a little less of the worst qualities of H. Sapiens every day, and little more of the better - but not always succeeding. That's redemptive enough for me.

"Think globally, act locally" and "be the change you wish to see" are cliches, true, but if more people practiced that advice, we'd be better off.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are the animals luckier than humans? TrueNorth 13 821 August 19, 2022 at 11:37 am
Last Post: Macoleco
  On theism, why do humans have moral duties even if there are objective moral values? Pnerd 37 3150 May 24, 2022 at 11:49 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Do humans have inherent value? Macoleco 39 2205 June 14, 2021 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  How could we trust our consciousness ?! zainab 45 4580 December 30, 2018 at 9:08 am
Last Post: polymath257
  Would you get rid of your sexual desire if you could? Macoleco 78 12175 October 16, 2017 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: brewer
  If You Could Choose Your Own Desires Edwardo Piet 34 3324 November 12, 2016 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Humans are scum ApeNotKillApe 39 10096 May 24, 2016 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Most Humans Do NOT Have Completely Frree Will Rhondazvous 57 5066 April 20, 2016 at 6:46 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Do Humans have a Natural State? Shining_Finger 13 2507 April 1, 2016 at 4:42 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Do you ever wish you could just say "these people should be killed" DespondentFishdeathMasochismo 50 6939 November 27, 2015 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: DespondentFishdeathMasochismo