Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time
Time
I woke up to the terrible fact, of me turning 24 years old. Just yesterday, I was 16.
My birthday happened, and a quick party was thrown, I ate the a slice of the icecream cake and blew the candle but nobody saw what's inside of me.

Time moves quickly. Too quick, that apathy literally started to paint the scene in my life. 
Who cares ?

If you're unemployed, who cares ?
If you lost your leg in the Iraq war, who cares ?
If you lost the love of your life because you lacked the traits she likes, who cares ?

It will pass. I throw a laugh, hahaha, you thought this will last ? 
This depression, this sadness ? It's as temporary as the life we cling too, as fast as the years passing.

Time is nothing but a moving train. It doesn't care neither about you, or me. 
A lot of people tend to ignore that fact, but as sad as it might gets, they lie about it. We have nothing, but a seat at the front row at the opening of death. 

Death starts with life, as we all know. Life is just a strategic place to witness death. Time though, that is what makes everything working.
Our lifecycle is a mere well known path. 

I turned 24. 
But hey, that's the kiss of time, I know the rest : I'll close my eyes to see my hair turns grey.
All those around me left, and I die alone. Nobody travels with you; you die alone. Nobody sees what you see, we're totally isolated.

At school when I was a kid, 24 would've seemed like a thrilling joke that I would so laugh about. Just as 54, seems so faraway.
But because the kiddo turned 24 so fast, the bro would turn 54 -also- so fast.

The stream of time moves. It never waits to help out. 

And people would say, there is no God ?
RE: Time
10:43 am

Tongue
Dying to live, living to die.
(February 3, 2016 at 5:35 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: And people would say, there is no God ?

Your perception of time is not evidence that god exists.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
You aged 8 years in a day? That's fucking impossible.
Time appears to move faster and faster as I get older.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Sorry, I have no sympathy for people whining that they're 24 Big Grin
Being 24 again would be nice!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Agreed Alex. I'm 44 and a student. The oldest in my entire school. Big deal. I'm not smarter than many of them, but I am wiser. And I bring to the table a certain work ethic that these young kids have yet to experience. They like sitting around, not being productive, not taking any sort of initiative. I like keeping busy, finding things to do. My instructors love that. I don't care that they love it. It makes my night go by faster to stay busy.

So all these 20-somethings that think they know everything. Wait. Because right now, you know mostly nothing.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
The universe doesn't care about us either. But I value life because I don't know what happens after I die. If this is the only life then why waste it? Religion says humans are insignificant. Allah doesn't needs us; you said so yourself.

I think humans are wonderful animals. All of the seemingly pointless things humans do - like art and dance - are a sign of how far humans have come. We no longer just need to survive anymore. The Earth is a drop of life, perhaps amoung many drops, in an infinite and often harsh universe. Humans should be proud of their achievements happy birthday AtlasS33.

(February 3, 2016 at 5:35 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: I woke up to the terrible fact, of me turning 24 years old. Just yesterday, I was 16.
My birthday happened, and a quick party was thrown, I ate the a slice of the icecream cake and blew the candle but nobody saw what's inside of me.

Time moves quickly. Too quick, that apathy literally started to paint the scene in my life. 
Who cares ?

If you're unemployed, who cares ?
If you lost your leg in the Iraq war, who cares ?
If you lost the love of your life because you lacked the traits she likes, who cares ?

It will pass. I throw a laugh, hahaha, you thought this will last ? 
This depression, this sadness ? It's as temporary as the life we cling too, as fast as the years passing.

Time is nothing but a moving train. It doesn't care neither about you, or me. 
A lot of people tend to ignore that fact, but as sad as it might gets, they lie about it. We have nothing, but a seat at the front row at the opening of death. 

Death starts with life, as we all know. Life is just a strategic place to witness death. Time though, that is what makes everything working.
Our lifecycle is a mere well known path. 

I turned 24. 
But hey, that's the kiss of time, I know the rest : I'll close my eyes to see my hair turns grey.
All those around me left, and I die alone. Nobody travels with you; you die alone. Nobody sees what you see, we're totally isolated.

At school when I was a kid, 24 would've seemed like a thrilling joke that I would so laugh about. Just as 54, seems so faraway.
But because the kiddo turned 24 so fast, the bro would turn 54 -also- so fast.

The stream of time moves. It never waits to help out.

How did you get from all that to this:

Quote:And people would say, there is no God ?
(February 4, 2016 at 6:09 am)Alex K Wrote: Sorry, I have no sympathy for people whining that they're 24 Big Grin
Being 24 again would be nice!

Unless you're me.

My life is fucking epic now but 3 years ago when I was 24 it sucked ass by comparison.