Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:12 am

Poll: In November what is your course of action?
This poll is closed.
Staying home
10.00%
2 10.00%
Democrat
60.00%
12 60.00%
Republican
0%
0 0%
Thrid Party
30.00%
6 30.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Choseing to be a part of the silent majority
Choseing to be a part of the silent majority
I'm very disappointed in the choices we have for our general election. Trump and Hillary are both equally horrible choices on a equal scale, he is a bigoted reality T.V star who wants to turn the U.S into a play. A play that is written, directed, and starred in by Trump. He is quite similar to Caligula, which scares the hell out of me. Hillary lacks what it takes cause of the fact she supports the N.S.A (http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arch...ng/386024/) as well, her donor list is quite scary as well, (https://www.opensecrets.org/politicians/...cle=Career). That's a lot of money and that money always comes with some nasty strings attached to it. As far as third party candidates are concerned, they are quite weak and stand little to no chance against Trump's or Hillary's financial backing. I'm staying home in November, how about you?
     “A man isn't tiny or giant enough to defeat anything” Yukio Mishima

RE: Choseing to be a part of the silent majority
Other people are running for all kinds of offices beside the Presidency. Vote for some of those dummies and crooks.
Not risking Donald Trump making 3+ supreme court nominations for a generation.

This staying home bullshit is dumber than Trump. Local/State/Federal elections are still on the line. You don't just go to vote for President.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
That is quite true Wyrd, there is a lot of those on some states tickets. If only there was a option to vote for the new laws and bypass the presidential questions. My state does not have the option which sucks.

(May 13, 2016 at 10:13 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Not risking Donald Trump making 3+ supreme court nominations for a generation.

This staying home bullshit is dumber than Trump. Local/State/Federal elections are still on the line. You don't just go to vote for President.

Hillary choosing the 3+ supreme court nominations would be equally as bad. I don't trust that womans judgment at all, if it was Warren running for president I'd be voting. She is much more level headed the Hillary.

(May 13, 2016 at 10:25 pm)Sterben Wrote:
(May 13, 2016 at 10:13 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Not risking Donald Trump making 3+ supreme court nominations for a generation.

Hillary choosing the 3+ supreme court nominations would be equally as bad. I don't trust that womans judgment at all, if it was Warren running for president I'd be voting. She is much more level headed the Hillary.
If we only knew which one won't pick Jews and Catholics....
What? She's a liberal. She'd choose liberal/moderate leaning judges. She's beholden to the Democratic party, and she'd be the incumbent for re-election.

You are just intentionally dense. You have literally no idea what you're talking about.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(May 13, 2016 at 10:16 pm)Sterben Wrote: That is quite true Wyrd, there is a lot of those on some states tickets. If only there was a option to vote for the new laws and bypass the presidential questions. My state does not have the option which sucks.

You don't have to vote for President; just ignore that section.
(May 13, 2016 at 10:29 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote:
(May 13, 2016 at 10:16 pm)Sterben Wrote: That is quite true Wyrd, there is a lot of those on some states tickets. If only there was a option to vote for the new laws and bypass the presidential questions. My state does not have the option which sucks.

You don't have to vote for President; just ignore that section.

My mom tried that last election and the voting computer would not let her bypass the section. I'm not sure if it was glitch or if it's required by my state's law that you have to vote for a presidential candidate.

So vote for Howard Dean or write in Bernie Sanders

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is "Be the part of the change you want to see in the world!" bullshit? FlatAssembler 45 2064 February 3, 2024 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  A majority Catholic country did this LinuxGal 4 671 September 7, 2023 at 5:46 am
Last Post: no one
  The "Silenced" Majority Haipule 17 1415 January 28, 2020 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 1515 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  Times up Hillary part 2 dyresand 22 3430 July 23, 2016 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  How DOES the GOP do it? (part II) DeistPaladin 40 5215 March 11, 2014 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  Libertarian atheists: part of the problem TaraJo 34 10732 December 12, 2013 at 10:23 am
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  Obamacare part 2 Manowar 105 23951 October 5, 2013 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: AtheistCreed
  supreme court strikes down, 5-4, part of the Voting Rights Act c172 5 1995 June 25, 2013 at 10:45 pm
Last Post: c172
  Fith part of the series on tthe War of drugs: The failing Drug War in Berlin. Something completely different 1 1056 March 21, 2013 at 12:08 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious