Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obamacare part 2
Obamacare part 2
Now that Obamacare is almost here some costs are coming out on the national news, some will pay about $800.00 a month some a little less depending on income and what state you live in, that's a lot more than i was told. Affordable health care my eye Confusedhock:

manowar
RE: Obamacare part 2
Sooner or later, you will accept the better European model.
(September 26, 2013 at 5:15 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: Sooner or later, you will accept the better European model.

I was just about to make the comment that it is not a full universal healthcare plan most likely because of the whiny Republicunts.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(September 26, 2013 at 5:20 pm)Maelstrom Wrote: I was just about to make the comment that it is not a full universal healthcare plan most likely because of the whiny Republicunts.

[Image: you_are_right_france_is_better_room_deca...vr_324.jpg]
umm who the hell will pay $800 a month? where did you get that figure from?

I watched his speech and he was saying that it will cost you as little as a cell phone bill (under $100 he was saying) for most families

It is affordable for people who do not have healthcare through their employer or are self-employed or unemployed

It's not a bad deal at all unless he was lying about what he said
“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.” - Marcus Aurelius
(September 26, 2013 at 5:25 pm)AtheistCreed Wrote: umm who the hell will pay $800 a month? where did you get that figure from?

I watched his speech and he was saying that it will cost you as little as a cell phone bill (under $100 he was saying) for most families

It is affordable for people who do not have healthcare through their employer or are self-employed or unemployed

I find that figure ($100/month for most families) highly suspect.

My share of my plan premium is $401/month for myself and 2 dependents. my employer pays an additional amount. Thats with a 5000 individual / 10000 family deductible. It doesnt pay a dime until I have paid those dedictibles out of pocket.

The last year my employer offered a traditional copay plan, my premiums were almost $1500 per month.
(September 26, 2013 at 5:33 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(September 26, 2013 at 5:25 pm)AtheistCreed Wrote: umm who the hell will pay $800 a month? where did you get that figure from?

I find that figure ($100/month for most families) highly suspect.

My share of my plan premium is $401/month for myself and 2 dependents. my employer pays an additional amount. Thats with a 5000 individual / 10000 family deductible. It doesnt pay a dime until I have paid those dedictibles out of pocket.

The last year my employer offered a traditional copay plan, my premiums were almost $1500 per month.

That is without Obamacare.

I don't know man, the idea is that the more people who have health insurance, the lower the cost, because the insurance companies will make more money even though individuals are paying less.

After January 1st the cost of healthcare is supposed to go down significantly according to Obama

Right now the law is not in effect, so of course you're paying ridiculous amounts of money. I could not afford to pay what you're paying or I would have to sleep in an alley.
“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.” - Marcus Aurelius
Manowar... what state do you live in? What amount you pay has a lot to do with that. There were quite a number of states that refused to accept the Federal funds offered for Medicaid, which was intended to offset the costs of setting up the mandatory public health insurance exchanges. Residents of those states -- among them, Alabama, Texas, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina (seeing a trend here?) -- are in fact probably going to spend more for the ACA coverage than those who live in states that got onboard with the program. Here in Oregon, my costs are going down by more than two-thirds. But we set up our exchange on time and accepted the offsetting funds.
(September 26, 2013 at 5:40 pm)AtheistCreed Wrote:
(September 26, 2013 at 5:33 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I find that figure ($100/month for most families) highly suspect.

That is without Obamacare.

I don't know man, the idea is that the more people who have health insurance, the lower the cost, because the insurance companies will make more money even though individuals are paying less.

After January 1st the cost of healthcare is supposed to go down significantly according to Obama

Right now the law is not in effect, so of course you're paying ridiculous amounts of money. I could not afford to pay what you're paying or I would have to sleep in an alley.

What sort of magic is going to reduce the national cost of healthcare by an order of magnitude? There aren't enough uninsured healthy people in the nation to have that kind of drastic effect.
Depends on where you live as to what the costs are.

Meanwhile, this chart shows what happened from 2002 to 2012. I suppose the republicunts will blame Obama for this, too.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/09/11/pf/insur...index.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is "Be the part of the change you want to see in the world!" bullshit? FlatAssembler 45 2063 February 3, 2024 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Behind closed doors, Republican lawmakers fret about how to repeal Obamacare Minimalist 15 1705 February 1, 2017 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Times up Hillary part 2 dyresand 22 3430 July 23, 2016 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Choseing to be a part of the silent majority Sterben 78 7877 May 21, 2016 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  ObamaCare? Rhondazvous 60 12015 November 28, 2015 at 11:45 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Ted Cruz goes on Obamacare Creed of Heresy 13 2402 March 25, 2015 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  Obamacare written to deceive the public. Heywood 208 24073 December 2, 2014 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: Surgenator
  How DOES the GOP do it? (part II) DeistPaladin 40 5215 March 11, 2014 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  Libertarian atheists: part of the problem TaraJo 34 10732 December 12, 2013 at 10:23 am
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  Obamacare not affordable Manowar 75 16496 December 8, 2013 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Zazzy