Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A real mind-boggling mirracle!
A real mind-boggling mirracle!
Would have been if a virgin boy got pregnant.
Well, we know that there was no sexual intercourse between Maria and Holy Father.
So, why not a boy giving birth? That would have been much more impressive.

(This thread should go to off-topic, I suppose).
RE: A real mind-boggling mirracle!
Umm.

Okay then.
Balderdash! You know what would have been impressive? Mitosis!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(September 21, 2016 at 3:37 am)Alex K Wrote: Balderdash! You know what would have been impressive? Mitosis!

It's highly over rated...

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzWKf2T0Yy95PJIlLWRcP...DV0H6Nt120]
"Leave it to me to find a way to be,
Consider me a satellite forever orbiting,
I knew the rules but the rules did not know me, guaranteed." - Eddie Vedder
(September 21, 2016 at 3:26 am)mcolafson Wrote: Would have been if a virgin boy got pregnant.

Hello there. Can you please stop putting ideas in the minds of Catholic priests...
How do we know that one of the priests isn't to be the chosen one by God?
Now they're just gonna keep practicing until it happens! They just can't risk not trying!

Lol! (sorry, yes, I'm the official apologist for the Catholic church!)

(sorry CL, just having my usual fun ...) Heart
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
The miracle is that Joseph believed her. I would have smacked that pregnant-but-not-by-me whore.
It would have been a more spectacular miracle if Mary had a little lamb.
At the risk of being quite contrary:

[Image: 3369cd86b47acb629487a63f9e5a1d6e.jpg]
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
It'd be pretty miraculous if Jesus had carried and given birth to Mary and Joseph, his own parents, but doing so would have required a lot more weed than ancient desert-dwelling tribals had access to...
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(September 21, 2016 at 3:26 am)mcolafson Wrote: Would have been if a virgin boy got pregnant.
Well, we know that there was no sexual intercourse between Maria and Holy Father.
So, why not a boy giving birth? That would have been much more impressive.

The real miracle is that you managed to understand how to start a new thread, but not how to use a spell-checker.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  brainwashing & mind control techniques purplepurpose 6 1715 November 24, 2017 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Changing ones mind about a subject Sal 23 2696 November 21, 2017 at 11:52 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Religion is fluff but the Doctrines are solid. Keep mind open. RonaldMcRaygun 12 2306 March 31, 2017 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  What would change your mind? hyperchord24 117 20297 March 28, 2017 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  The bible teaches that there is no immortal soul and that death is the end MIND BLOWN LetThereBeNoGod 4 1755 February 16, 2017 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Matt Dilahunty On What Would Change His Mind About God Edwardo Piet 14 5107 January 29, 2017 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Atheist = Reprobate mind sinnerdaniel94 186 38968 November 2, 2015 at 11:05 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  How long did it take for you to deconvert? What made you change your mind? IanHulett 27 7732 August 6, 2015 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Inside The Mind of God Mental Outlaw 2 1270 May 6, 2015 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: dahrling
Video God Just Changed His Mind (from Evil to Good) Mental Outlaw 51 14504 April 16, 2015 at 8:41 am
Last Post: Tonus