Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:42 pm

Poll: Would you like this?
This poll is closed.
Yes I would
30.43%
14 30.43%
No, I wouldn't
34.78%
16 34.78%
Yes I would like but.......
17.39%
8 17.39%
I never thought about it
2.17%
1 2.17%
Nah
15.22%
7 15.22%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you like to be immortal?
Would you like to be immortal?
Atheists in general if not all do not believe in immortality but suppose that immortality exist would you be happy to be immortal and exist for ever without having to be stuck inside a body.
Just your real I.
No food is required to feed a body.
No work is needed to carry on with life.
Just pure peace of mind and total bliss.
Actually you would be God.

Moderator Notice
Fixed Clickbait title.
RE: Would you like this?
The miniature troll is clammerimg for food scraps again.
I actually like the idea of reincarnation better. I'd rather live a lot of different lives, then exist as the same entity forever.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

No, I would not want my consciousness to be immortal. Horrid notion.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 28, 2017 at 11:12 am)Chad32 Wrote: I actually like the idea of reincarnation better. I'd rather live a lot of different lives, then exist as the same entity forever.

Your past you has some choice words for you. He wants his existence and sense of self back.
Oh lord no. Don't get me wrong, I like myself, but an eternity? Fuck that.
If it's just peace and eternal bliss and nothing else, what's the difference to being dead?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Little rik, what you're describing is not reincarnation, but a kind of eternal limbo. A world where nothing is required is a world without purpose. Think about it. I could do anything, but have no reason to do anything. I could go anywhere but have no reason to be anywhere. Just exist. How could I find such an existence peaceful?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
Believers sure know how to ignite a "philosophical orgy".
No thanks.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which religion would be easiest for you if you had to be in one? Fake Messiah 31 3195 July 17, 2019 at 2:26 am
Last Post: Losty
  Atheists: What would you say to a dying child who asks you if they'll go to heaven? DodosAreDead 91 11362 November 2, 2018 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  If you could replace god with satan, would you? Foxaèr 37 6527 April 28, 2018 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  I'd like to ask my fellow atheists if they would be happy to learn there was a god. Whateverist 88 16441 September 4, 2017 at 1:27 am
Last Post: Astonished
  I would like some advise Hammok Man 78 20112 August 8, 2017 at 9:48 am
Last Post: mordant
  The bible teaches that there is no immortal soul and that death is the end MIND BLOWN LetThereBeNoGod 4 1755 February 16, 2017 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  What would evidence of a God even look like? Excited Penguin 153 22181 September 12, 2016 at 9:05 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  If You Ruled Your Own Country, Would You Ban Religion? Salacious B. Crumb 79 12021 May 8, 2015 at 2:13 am
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  Would a story like this shock anyone I wonder? robvalue 25 4758 September 2, 2014 at 1:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  If you lived in Jesus' day, how would you of responded? Revelation777 169 22696 April 9, 2014 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: siryezser