Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Islam protectors
Islam protectors
Why do SJWs, feminists and liberals support Islam? Islam is the opposite for what those groups stand for. And I don't buy their justification that it's "another culture".
"By simple common sense I don't believe in God, in none"

Charlie Chaplin
RE: Islam protectors
Support the person and their right to choose, not the religion.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(July 5, 2017 at 7:27 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Support the person and their right to choose, not the religion.
Still, freedom is something relative. If someone has to much freedom, someone else will have to little. Muslims want freedom to opress, by giving them freedom you are taking someone elses.

Charlie Chaplin
My other question would be to ask whether a Christian founded country (the west) has the right to protect its Christian culture from being overtaken by another competing religion?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Do they? What exactly do you mean when you say they "support" Islam? Can you be more specific and maybe give an example?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(July 5, 2017 at 7:56 am)Alex K Wrote: Do they? What exactly do you mean when you say they "support" Islam? Can you be more specific and maybe give an example?
They support in the sense that they want muslims to have the right to practice their beliefs. They say thinks like "We shouldn't criticize them" and "They're from a different culture". This happens in the U.S.A in case you didn't know. I'm not from the U.S.A, but I know it from the Media.

Charlie Chaplin
(July 5, 2017 at 8:07 am)Die Atheistin Wrote:
(July 5, 2017 at 7:56 am)Alex K Wrote: Do they? What exactly do you mean when you say they "support" Islam? Can you be more specific and maybe give an example?
They support in the sense that they want muslims to have the right to practice their beliefs. They say thinks like "We shouldn't criticize them" and "They're from a different culture". This happens in the U.S.A in case you didn't know. I'm not from the U.S.A, but I know it from the Media.

Of course they have a constituational right to practise their beliefs as long as they don't violate any laws. Is that controversial?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(July 5, 2017 at 7:19 am)Die Atheistin Wrote: Why do SJWs, feminists and liberals support Islam? Islam is the opposite for what those groups stand for. And I don't buy their justification that it's "another culture".

Excuse me but where do you get off lumping people together like that? 

I am a liberal, but hardly politically correct. You must be selective about the threads you read here because liberals do go after other liberals on the issue of religion.

Valuing human rights does not mean everyone who does values blanket solutions of censorship. That is bullshit.

Going after ISIS and pointing out the religious justifications they use to advocate violence does not mean you have the right to treat someone like Malala as the same. It is true that Bin Laden and Malala share the same umbrella religion and the same holy book. But so the fuck what. Islam did not invent religious cruelty even if one is rightfully pointing out a current problem. Our species ability to be cruel or compassionate is in our evolution. 

There has NEVER been a period in our species history where a label had no sub sects competing for power. Every region of the world has had it's conflicts.

I can show you stories of Buddhists murdering Muslims. I can show you stories of Hindus murdering people for killing cows. And don't fucking act like Christians are saints with their history of genocide of blacks and native Americans and denying women the right to vote and even today, right wing attempts to control women's reproduction and attacks on LGBT rights.

YES, the Koran DOES contain verses followers use to justify violence with, but that does not give you the right to shit on individuals who have yet to commit a crime. 

Your bullshit attitude of selling fear is as bad as what you rightfully accuse many in the east of doing. 

This liberal, ME, do not like it when my well intended fellow liberals suggest blanket solutions against offending. But blanket assumptions of guilt of people you don't know as individuals is bullshit too. You need to learn to separate the claim from the separate issue of human rights. Go after the claim, but don't sell fear of others or assume guilt.

You are not going to force the end of any religion so lose that bullshit attitude. And don't assume that because someone is sticking up for an individual means they value or protect all the claims that individual might make. 

There was a Pakistani migrant Muslim taxi driver at the UK concert attack. That man drove 24 girls home FOR FREE. NO, I WILL NOT treat him like a member of ISIS and fuck you if you think I should. I will not treat Malala as being the same as Bin Laden. I will not treat our Muslim Congressman Kieth Ellison as being the same as the Taliban.

^^^^^ None of that is advocating Islam gets a pass never to be criticized or blasphemed, all it is saying is I don't assume guilt of the individual. I know how to separate the individual from what the individual claims.

So you can take your Frank Burns Ayn Rand bullshit slurs and shove them. Now here is your example of a liberal not being politically correct.

(July 5, 2017 at 7:30 am)Die Atheistin Wrote:
(July 5, 2017 at 7:27 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Support the person and their right to choose, not the religion.
Still, freedom is something relative. If someone has to much freedom, someone else will have to little. Muslims want freedom to opress, by giving them freedom you are taking someone elses.

No idiot, the Koran being used to justify violence and oppression is true, but that is still a separate issue than you assuming billions of people agree with those interpretations. Remember your bullshit the next time a Christian equates you being an atheist to monsters like Stalin, Po Pot and Hitler. 

There is absolutely 0% chance of Islam taking over the world and especially not in the west. I fear more our far right Christians who are currently holding our nation hostage and the constant attempts of mixing government than I fear America becoming an Islamic theocracy.
I'm a liberal feminist and I do not support Islam. I support people. Some of them happen to be Muslims. I would be happy if they gave up their beliefs, but I'm not going to discriminate against them just because they haven't. This applies to anyone of any religious belief.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
(July 5, 2017 at 7:30 am)Die Atheistin Wrote:

I agree, it is relative. The oppression is a forced limitation or control of freedom, something that needs to be addressed within the society and the religion. Other religions also enforce oppression, it's the nature of the beast. The others are just not as overt. Don't your parents have rules to follow as members of the church?

My position, your freedom stops where my nose starts. Then it comes down to my ability to tolerate your free acts.

BTW, you can't stop people from making some bad choices. Bad choices are relative also.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.