Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why the vision argument is a very good one!
Why the vision argument is a very good one!
We are hidden. It's really quite simple.  

Look at your phone or computer or something complex, yet, you use it simply.    We are in a way very complex and we have layers and layers to who we are. This is true regardless if God exists or not. If a soul exists or not. 

Before we knew anything about nerves, we were able to move our hands.

You don't know what goes behind every single action of yours, you don't have an exact proper assessment to who you are or in fact, to any of your states and hence any of your actions.

This is because the details are abstracted.   The personality and how it's generated is abstracted from you.

Keep this in mind. You don't know the details. You get some sort of fuzzy image. The thing is let's say you wear glasses and you see something fuzzy, it doesn't mean there isn't an actual accurate reality to it. The thing is you yourself are an accurate reality. 

You are. Whatever you are and whatever generates you, generates an accurate reality. But you aren't a reality that is divorced from perception. Perception and you go hand to hand.
Like sea is made out of water,  your "personhood" is made out of vision. Even when you do an action for the future, you project before you do it, a vision of you doing it, then put to play. And when you think of your past self at a given time, you project images of who you through perception.  

Now the proposition is you don't have all the details of what makes you: you. This is true again regardless if God exists or not.

We aren't given the knowledge of the self but a little in both ways.  There is so much to what generates us, and we don't get it.

Yet remember, whatever we sense of ourselves is through some sort of image and vision.

I propose a long with our non-complete and sometimes totally misguided perception of ourselves,  there is to be an accurate maintaining vison of who we are in accurate way. That is just as you can't exist without vision in some sense, the accurate detail who you are has to have an accurate vision.

Now I propose because your actions are in reality detailed ways that we don't perceive all the details, something that maintains who we are has to know these details, and know exactly what value we ought to get through our actions.

That is it knows the subtle fine accurate details of every good deed and every evil deed. That which makes us inherit our actions knows us inside out, and must know our circumstances.

The subconscious I propose cannot be that, because, it didn't have access to all the details more then you or anything like that.   It doesn't know all the details to asses your situation either.  It sees through a fuzzy vision as well, but can't be the maintainer of the accurate you.

I propose further that only the best and perfect judgment can perceive you accurately.  Any imperfection with respect to the judgment would make you inaccurate.  It perceives things exactly how they are.

Now if you deny their is an exact accurate you, I will propose this. What are you estimating? And on what grounds?  If you say it's good enough and close enough to what you are, you are saying there is an accurate you, you just don't know it.

In fact, it's non-sense to say there is no accurate you.  It's the foremost thing we witness and know,  we may doubt the existence of the whole world, but not that we exist.

What you are is then a fundamental starting point. Yet who we are is the greatest mystery. No one can possibly know what and who we are, but the absolute being. 

In fact, if you really reflect, you really mirror that self and see the light it exists by, you see that you exists through vision of God.

You can't be divorced from the vision of God. There is nothing ambiguous about this. You do an action, you forget it, it doesn't mean it's gone. Not part of you. God records it and maintains your value accurately.

Neither can a biological brain do it neither can the highest of all beings do it aside from God, it's only God the most High, that sees your personhood with perfect judgment and you can't accurately exist without perfect judgement and you accurately exist.

QED:  God has been absolutely proven.
RE: Why the vision argument is a very good one!
Are you sure you're not a bot trawling the Islamic forums and randomly posting shit here?

You, my friend are funny! (but not in a good way). Are all muslims funny like you? Atlas, help me out here?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
You’re simply asserting objective value. Again. Without evidence. Again.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
LFC, if any theist cared about evidence, they wouldn't be theists.

he's out of control, check out his latest! lol!

He's one for you MK.

Quote:"Why the vision smell argument is a very good one!"

Because skeptical people can smell it a mile away!  hehehe
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I'm 100% sure this is schizophrenia + high IQ manifesting as garbage.
That makes absolutely no sense to me I'm afraid.

But what does it matter? Many/most of us have said that we're not interested in worshiping it even if it's real, especially if it's one of the Abrahamic versions.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Quote:God has been absolutely proven.

Your capacity for self-delusion is truly remarkable.
Potatoes.

QED: Spud the Potato God is proven.
Dying to live, living to die.
MK's logic boils down to - "I took a shit today therefore god."

Sad, really.
(April 17, 2018 at 1:19 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: Potatoes.

QED: Spud the Potato God is proven.

Never knew the eating of French fries is a holy sacrament.

(April 17, 2018 at 1:21 am)Minimalist Wrote: MK's logic boils down to - "I took a shit today therefore god."

Sad, really.

It’s really sad how he abuse the one brain cell he has that is already on life support.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can somebody give me a good argument in favor of objective morality? Aegon 19 4448 March 14, 2018 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  A good argument for God's existence (long but worth it) Mystic 179 32925 October 26, 2017 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Argument from "better to seek proper vision". Mystic 53 5940 October 25, 2017 at 1:13 pm
  Very short version of the long argument. Mystic 68 10637 September 18, 2017 at 9:38 am
  Why Does No One Change the Incorrect Relationship Narrative? InquiringMind 55 6739 October 7, 2016 at 1:31 am
Last Post: InquiringMind
Question How does one respond to this argument?It's long but an interesting read. Thanks :) fruyian 44 7081 May 19, 2016 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: SteveII
  One philosophical argument for existence of supernatural. Mystic 59 15790 July 20, 2015 at 10:01 pm
Last Post: Cato
  Is one-world-language a good idea? Aoi Magi 45 6512 February 9, 2015 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  An argument for why God would make himself known. Mystic 55 9352 October 29, 2014 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  One Good Turn Deserves Another? Cinjin 32 5100 September 17, 2011 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused