Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Astronomers Find First Evidence Of Other Universes
Astronomers Find First Evidence Of Other Universes
Quote:Our cosmos was "bruised" in collisions with other universes. Now astronomers have found the first evidence of these impacts in the cosmic microwave background

In a paper from a physics blog, published by MIT in the Technology Review, it states that certain concentric circles in the Microwave background radiation may be cosmic bruises from impacts - echos from outside the universe that existed prior to the big bang.

Quote:That's an extraordinary discovery: evidence of something that occurred before the (conventional) Big Bang.

It is a very interesting discovery. Of course, we'll have to wait and see if this holds up under further scruitiny, but I would have never guessed that this was even possible this soon.

Here is the link:

http://www.technologyreview.com/blog/arx.../?p1=Blogs
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
RE: Astronomers Find First Evidence Of Other Universes
Wow... I am speechless (I hope this isn't a mistake)
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Oooh, I can't wait to hear more.
"Faith is about taking a comforting, childlike view of a disturbing and complicated world." ~ Edward Current

[Image: Invisible_Pink_Unicorn_by_stampystampy.gif] [Image: 91b7ba0967f80c8c43c58fdf3fa0571a.gif] [Image: Secular_Humanist_by_MaruLovesStamps.gif]
I knew this was coming, because I subscribe to the multiverses myself. However I am extremely excited about this another scientific discovery.

I would love to see how the theists are going to explain multiple universes.
undefined
I've already heard two completely different explanations for the supposed concentric circles, and I've not seen a single piece of evidence for peer review yet.
Don't hold your breath guys, it was a very sparse structure seen from a small fraction of the low-resolution WISE data.

When Plank goes online in a few years we will have the opportunity to check it, though most already suspect that the anomaly will get washed out with sufficient data.

Also, Penrose's explanation for this universe transition is really fishy, he's got no real support for it, and it seems to depend on the notion that infinite entropy has near identical implications to zero entropy - Something which is little more than mathematical gymnastics at this point.

Still, I can't wait for the first theist who says "god is circular"
(December 13, 2010 at 7:45 pm)TheDarkestOfAngels Wrote: In a paper from a physics blog, published by MIT in the Technology Review, it states that certain concentric circles in the Microwave background radiation may be cosmic bruises from impacts - echos from outside the universe that existed prior to the big bang.

These cosmic bruises and echoes could possibly be an evidence of the universe making impacts with Heaven and Hell during their creation before the Big Bang. Just a theory of mine.

(December 14, 2010 at 6:04 am)Rayaan Wrote: These cosmic bruises and echoes could possibly be an evidence of the universe making impacts with Heaven and Hell during their creation before the Big Bang. Just a theory of mine.
...I'm sure the scientists will take this into consideration when they perform more tests.

Facepalm
(December 14, 2010 at 6:04 am)Rayaan Wrote:
(December 13, 2010 at 7:45 pm)TheDarkestOfAngels Wrote: In a paper from a physics blog, published by MIT in the Technology Review, it states that certain concentric circles in the Microwave background radiation may be cosmic bruises from impacts - echos from outside the universe that existed prior to the big bang.

These cosmic bruises and echoes could possibly be an evidence of the universe making impacts with Heaven and Hell during their creation before the Big Bang. Just a theory of mine.

These bruises could be the gateway by which believers of heaven and hell can go to hell. Just a theory of mine.

(December 14, 2010 at 6:04 am)Rayaan Wrote:

Aww, God dropped the baby!

ROFLOL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So, what's up with airline food? And other bad jokes. Mechaghostman2 16 1418 January 23, 2020 at 8:36 pm
Last Post: Magilla
  Scientific/objective purpose of human species, may be to replicate universes blue grey brain 6 1033 November 25, 2018 at 10:17 am
Last Post: unfogged
  What the Sun looks like from the other planets A Theist 25 3763 July 21, 2018 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: A Theist
  What is evidence? Arkilogue 50 7772 October 4, 2016 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Evidence of ET? Jehanne 54 7412 December 19, 2015 at 10:41 pm
Last Post: God of Mr. Hanky
  Evidence vs proof? IanHulett 20 3841 December 14, 2015 at 7:26 pm
Last Post: IanHulett
  Empirical Evidence for Multiverse Neo-Scholastic 88 13345 December 10, 2015 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: IATIA
  Interesting Find in Israel Minimalist 6 1424 November 25, 2015 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Major Find: Antiochus IV's Citadel in Jerusalem Minimalist 22 3654 November 8, 2015 at 11:03 pm
  Significant Find in Southern Greece Minimalist 2 1223 October 27, 2015 at 12:42 pm