Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Do They fit the CMB Into those Little Ovens?
How Do They fit the CMB Into those Little Ovens?
That's a serious question. What do they do to it?

If the CMB permeates the universe, why aren't we all cooked?

Whatever happened to the study they were doing to see if the microwaves emitted by cellphones cook our brains?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: How Do They fit the CMB Into those Little Ovens?
Because the intensity of the CMB radiation is extremely week.  As a person of average size, your total skin surface area would absorb CMB from the universe all around you at about millionth of one watt continuously.   That’s about one hundred thousand times less than what your cell phone will expose you to if you hold one next to your head, and one ten billionth the power a chicken breast absorbs when you turn your microwave oven to high.

So you will absorb less energy from the CMB over your entire body during your entire lifetime, than a frozen chicken breast will absorb in just one second from a microwave set on high.
god only created us 10,000 years ago, give it time.

Don't know about the studies continuing, but my wife caught on after my repeated calling.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(April 21, 2019 at 7:18 pm)wyzas Wrote: god only created us 10,000 years ago, give it time.

Don't know about the studies continuing, but my wife caught on after my repeated calling.

Dude, don't be so hard on yourself. The number of things people have tried to put in a microwave will shock even the missus.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
(April 21, 2019 at 6:40 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: That's a serious question. What do they do to it?

If the CMB permeates the universe, why aren't we all cooked?

Whatever happened to the study they were doing to see if the microwaves emitted by cellphones cook our brains?

Anomalocaris has it right. It has a frequency similar to a microwave oven, but the intensity is nearly nonexistent. That energy was only discovered when an exceedingly sensitive instrument was constructed. As far as cell phones are concerned, yes indeed, tumors form within a person's brain with use, but they haven't been proven to be cancerous. Yet.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(April 21, 2019 at 9:21 pm)Succubus Wrote:
(April 21, 2019 at 7:18 pm)wyzas Wrote: god only created us 10,000 years ago, give it time.

Dude, don't be so hard on yourself. The number of things people have tried to put in a microwave will shock even the missus.

My stepdaughter decided to cook an egg in the microwave. She didn't take it out of the shell. Lovely mess, which she refused to clean up. So I tossed it. Life didn't get better for her after that.
Because microwave ovens weren't little things back in the early 60's when Penzias and Wilson first figured out it wasn't pigeon shit.

[Image: NS_Savannah_microwave_oven_MD8.jpg]
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
(April 21, 2019 at 9:21 pm)Succubus Wrote:

It's not just putting things in microwaves.

My mate's missus is a nurse.
I don't know whether I need a bottle in front of me or a frontal lobotomy. Diablo
(April 22, 2019 at 7:16 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(April 21, 2019 at 9:21 pm)Succubus Wrote: Dude, don't be so hard on yourself. The number of things people have tried to put in a microwave will shock even the missus.

My stepdaughter decided to cook an egg in the microwave. She didn't take it out of the shell. Lovely mess, which she refused to clean up. So I tossed it. Life didn't get better for her after that.

Humpty Dumpty sat on a plate
Humpty Dumpty busted his pate
All of her crying
And all of her yells
Couldn't put Hunpty back in his shell
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
I have the same question about the CME.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it ever physically possible for a broken egg to reassemble into an unbroken one? GrandizerII 39 4061 June 13, 2020 at 5:52 am
Last Post: UtilitarianDeist
  Are Photons the Particle Associatid with the CMB? Rhondazvous 5 1161 September 9, 2017 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Will Our Sun Expand and Go Nova or Shrink into a Black Hole? Rhondazvous 55 7837 January 19, 2017 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: DarkerEnergy
  I only know a little BrokenQuill92 1 755 October 9, 2016 at 2:53 am
Last Post: Astreja
  Can a Positron be Turned into an Electron? Rhondazvous 14 2186 February 10, 2016 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  The CMB and the 'Axis of Evil' - evidence of God? Angrboda 12 4042 March 6, 2015 at 8:01 am
Last Post: robvalue
  What does the universe expand into? JaceDeanLove 3 1479 November 6, 2014 at 9:16 pm
Last Post: JaceDeanLove
  Breaking News: Evidence for gravitational waves in the CMB! Alex K 8 3048 March 19, 2014 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  A little astronomy video I created orogenicman 16 4491 August 19, 2013 at 8:52 pm
Last Post: Godscreated
  Grail Probes to crash into the moon in about an hour popeyespappy 10 3341 December 18, 2012 at 3:47 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko