Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Historical events turn into movies
Historical events turn into movies
Which historical events or lives would you like to see as movies or TV shows?

Here are a few ideas:

1907 Tiflis bank robbery - when Stalin and Lenin robbed a bank. 40 people died and 50 were wounded.

Magellan's trip around the world. That was one nutty trip filled with superstition, cannibalism, and orgies.

Richard Hunne incident. Hunne was an English bloke who was tortured and killed for heresy by the Catholic Church, who tried to make it look like a suicide. Subsequent trials showed that Church killed him which caused widespread anger against the clergy just before England broke ties with the Catholic Church.

Lee Harvey Oswald biopic. There are several biopics about Ted Kaczynski and even several movies about John Wilkes Booth, so why not about this nutjob? It would also be helpful to show just how insane Oswald was because this is something that usually gets overlooked.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: Historical events turn into movies
A black political satire named The Death Of Trump,  similar to 2017 film The Death or Stalin
Freed slaves move into Florida swamps. Whites massacre them.
Some incidents I can remember saying "This should be a movie" about (list is not even close to comprehensive):
  • The Bay of Pigs Fiasco
  • Killing of Don Henry and Kevin Ives ("The Boys on the Tracks") and its coverup
  • The killing spree of Joseph Kallinger (complete with the hallucinations)
  • The making of the Nazi Titanic movie
  • The Murder of Aaron Friar
  • The creation of Richard Stanley's Island of Dr. Moreau.
Also, YMMV on how "true" many of the stories in this video are (some are obvious fakes, others have actually been verified), but I'm sure a lot of them would make interesting movies, even if they'd just be shorts. (Warning: Disturbing shit and a thick Yorkshire accent ahoy!)

Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
The New Zealand Wars (1845-1872). Spoiler: The British were the bad guys.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
The Ten Commandments.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
A biography of George Villiers, Duke of Buckingham. The child of first cousins, he was an accomplished courtier, the lover of King James I, and was stabbed to death at age 35 by a disgruntled army officer.

How could you NOT watch that?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
"The Night Witches", female bomber pilots who flew night missions against the Nazis on the Eastern Front.
(June 28, 2023 at 12:04 pm)brewer Wrote: The Ten Commandments.

Hehe

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(June 28, 2023 at 1:12 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(June 28, 2023 at 12:04 pm)brewer Wrote: The Ten Commandments.

Hehe

God dammit, I'll never be a good troll. Doh
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  historical quote/s altered or not the original?(amemrican goverment) Quill01 5 1044 July 25, 2022 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  An Historical Perspective BrianSoddingBoru4 11 1616 June 18, 2019 at 12:37 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Possibly the Best Historical Analogy for The WLB To Date Minimalist 6 1033 January 30, 2017 at 9:18 am
Last Post: paulpablo
Lightbulb Who's Your Favorite Historical Figure? thesummerqueen 152 12713 November 10, 2016 at 12:14 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Historical characters you admire Macoleco 52 4737 November 3, 2016 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The Quest for the Historical Paul Minimalist 44 7643 May 18, 2016 at 4:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Historical Standpoint Blondie 30 4616 October 22, 2015 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Events that Led to the Civil War: Slavery as an Economic Engine Not a Moal Isssue Rhondazvous 20 8384 June 23, 2015 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheist historical figure you should know. Brian37 14 4094 September 19, 2014 at 8:06 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus