Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capitalism; work in progress
Capitalism; work in progress
In the UK a study by the High Pay Commission has revealed an ever-widening gap between the mega rich and ordinary workers.
The best-paid 0.1% now pocket £1 in every £20 earned, just as it was in 1940.
At this rate, by the year 2030 it will be £1 in every £7 earned, a scale not seen since the year 1900.
Despite this, and in defence of slashing cuts in jobs and services which affect the poorest hardest, our right-wing Tory Prime mInister insists " we are all in it together ". OH, YEAH!
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
RE: Caitalism; work in progress
Hmm, its almost like when you have money it is easier to make money through properly investing it! We must stamp out this dreadful practice! /sarcasm
(May 16, 2011 at 3:29 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote: Hmm, its almost like when you have money it is easier to make money through properly investing it! We must stamp out this dreadful practice! /sarcasm

No it's more like the people who run the corporations are raking in outrageous salaries while the people who work for them, and actually produce that wealth can barely put food on the table. We are well acquainted with this here in the US.
Yep, control the factors of production and profit from it. THOSE BASTARDS!
(May 16, 2011 at 3:55 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote: Yep, control the factors of production and profit from it. THOSE BASTARDS!

When you fuck millions of people over for your own pocket your a bastard.
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
(May 16, 2011 at 9:30 pm)SpatiumTempusque Wrote:
(May 16, 2011 at 3:55 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote: Yep, control the factors of production and profit from it. THOSE BASTARDS!

When you fuck millions of people over for your own pocket your a bastard.

But what if you are really good at fucking, and like, do it better than anyone else? People are lined up around the block to pay you to fuck them, wouldn't it be a crime NOT to fuck them? Wink
Regarding the OP:

I always thought that was just a classic English/Brit sentiment .... "Born a peasant - Die a peasant." You know, the elite ruling class rides on the backs of the commoners.

I mean for gods sakes what do you expect? You people still have an elite royal family with crowns and carriages and class privileges and knighthood and all of the many wonderful things the Dark Ages offered.

... and people think Americans are backwards.
[Image: Evolution.png]

(May 16, 2011 at 10:51 pm)Cinjin Cain Wrote: Regarding the OP:

I always thought that was just a classic English/Brit sentiment .... "Born a peasant - Die a peasant." You know, the elite ruling class rides on the backs of the commoners.

I mean for gods sakes what do you expect? You people still have an elite royal family with crowns and carriages and class privileges and knighthood and all of the many wonderful things the Dark Ages offered.

... and people think Americans are backwards.

Indeed we are still stuck with a class system with the Royal Family at its head.
I don't think badly of all Americans although the country itself is a bastion of the Capitalist system, unfortunately.
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
RE: Capitalism; work in progress
Quote:But what if you are really good at fucking, and like, do it better than anyone else?

But what if you simply pay off the politicians to look the other way while you steal everything that isn't fucking nailed down? I guess if you are a really good thief you should be rewarded.

You must be another one of those libertarian fruit cakes!
RE: Capitalism; work in progress
Oh just noticed I should have posted this thread on " politics and history ". Apologies to all. If a kind administrator can press some buttons and move it accordingly, I'd be grateful!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why Red Flag Laws Won't Work. onlinebiker 203 10326 August 26, 2019 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
Video "Capitalism" is Magic! Sal 0 235 April 5, 2019 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Death by capitalism (the meme thread) Foxaèr 40 3633 November 1, 2018 at 3:36 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Nearly half of Republicans feel bullied at work Foxaèr 8 2094 October 27, 2018 at 4:13 am
  Right to Work laws in America Joods 25 2459 April 18, 2018 at 4:33 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  FBI Director: Russia will work harder for next election Foxaèr 22 3684 October 6, 2017 at 2:28 am
Last Post: Joods
  Good Work, Assholes. Minimalist 7 2681 July 9, 2017 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Regarding the progress of society Macoleco 7 1491 June 23, 2017 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Pyongyang/Why capitalism isn't a form of gov. Brian37 29 2709 April 19, 2017 at 4:58 pm
  Maybe People Are Simply Too Smart To Work For Drumpf? Minimalist 4 1385 December 22, 2016 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Minimalist