Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:41 am

Poll: Which is your favorite atheist author
This poll is closed.
Richard Dawkins
20.00%
2 20.00%
Christopher Hitchens
60.00%
6 60.00%
Sam Harris
10.00%
1 10.00%
Dan Dennet
10.00%
1 10.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Atheist Author
Favorite Atheist Author
Who is your favorite atheist author/speaker? And Why?
RE: Favorite Atheist Author
Are they the only four options? I suspect you're going to want to put an 'other' section in there...

Out of those four, it's Hitchens by far. I can imagine his voice while reading his stuff which already gives him a clear advantage over the other three.
(August 26, 2011 at 1:29 am)ElDinero Wrote: Are they the only four options? I suspect you're going to want to put an 'other' section in there...

Out of those four, it's Hitchens by far. I can imagine his voice while reading his stuff which already gives him a clear advantage over the other three.

Those were the four I could think of off the top of my head if anyone has someone else in mind they can list them in the comments.
Hume, Lucretius, Spinoza, Russell, Shelley, to name 5.
Why aren't I on that list? Wink

Sorry, I can't answer your question. I have never read anything from any of them.
Douglas Adams. Terry Pratchett.

On atheism: Guy P. Harrison.
On scepticism: Ben Goldacre

Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Out of that bunch Daniel Dennett.
undefined
I can only say Hitchen's as i've only read his book (God is not great) out of the 4 options so far at least.

I have watched debates by Dawkins and Harris though, and I find Harris is very good at explaining his ideas and is always very calm when talking whereas I find Dawkins a little less eloquent personally..
Kind Regards,

Citereh

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction." - Blaise Pascal

"Men are nearly always willing to believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

"Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

My personal favourite author is god. He's the guy who wrote the bible right?
Mine would be Philip Pullman. His Dark Materials is still a big fave of mine, and I read it at least once a year.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  H.P Lovecraft is my favorite atheist Kinkimoro 12 1615 September 15, 2018 at 5:58 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Your favorite Atheist Theist Debate? Nuda900 11 4055 February 28, 2016 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Favorite Atheist? TrueChristian 6 1455 February 26, 2016 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Favorite Atheist books? TrueChristian 15 4135 December 31, 2015 at 1:24 am
Last Post: maestroanth
  Victor Stenger, Physicist and Prolific Atheist Author, is Dead at 79 Mudhammam 4 1267 August 30, 2014 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Favorite Atheist Poet? Mudhammam 5 1516 August 9, 2014 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: Natachan
  Favorite atheist personality? Chad32 56 11447 December 6, 2013 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  favorite atheist book undercoverclam 19 6881 June 14, 2013 at 11:36 am
Last Post: HAL9000
Thumbs Up Favorite Neo-Atheist? Evilution 15 7413 May 23, 2011 at 9:50 am
Last Post: Danibean