Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 21, 2024, 8:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hypocrite Liberals imposing their beliefs
RE: Hypocrite Liberals imposing their beliefs
(July 23, 2015 at 12:36 am)omnomnom Wrote: Read my post, you know I'm discriminating against anybody, I'm no homophobe. I have gay friends whom I cherish and none of them hate me and call me a homophobe simply because I disagree with their lifestyle. Just let me run my bakery without having to give *wedding* cakes to gay marriages and consensual bestial marriages.

Equating homosexual marriage to bestiality is nothing more than an insult. It really doesn't frame you as anything other than a hateful person. But maybe that's the image you are going for. Each to their own.

As an owner of a business that offers certain services you are not there to pass moral judgment on your patrons but to offer those services. To withhold the same service from some people that you provide to other people that meet your moral standards is discrimination. Whether or not you personally think so. The law is pretty clear. Homosexual marriage is now legal throughout the US. You do not have the right to decide which law abiding citizens can obtain which of your products. No more than my step daughter's principal can decide which gender could be on the school's football team.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
I've just had a word with all the shops ever and now they're all refusing to serve Buddhists. Hope that's cool. It's their personal choice, don't put your bigot hate onto them and expect them to serve you. Have fun growing your own food.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(July 23, 2015 at 7:01 am)omnomnom Wrote: You're desperately trying to make me look like a homophobe...

I am quite certain my assistance isn't required for this.
If you're a baker (I doubt it, but I'll play along, troll), then bake the fucking cakes and move on. No one is asking you to join the couples on their honeymoons. Hell, you're not even a part of the ceremony. You're just a damn service provider. Get over yourself.

You're worried about lawsuits fucking up your business? Then don't invite them by discriminating. It's pretty simple.
I have a bunch of different thoughts:

1. I'm all for businesses serving or not serving whomever they want because I'm all for customers shopping wherever they want. I have no doubt the free market would take care of it, and the vocal and practicing bigots (OP) of the world would be forced to clean up their acts or pack it in due to lack of business. BUT:

2. We have anti-discrimination laws in the US. The law is what comes first, so, no omnom: you have no right to refuse service to a gay couple getting married, and the laws will take care of it.

3. Omnom, what if a man walked into your shop by himself and ordered a wedding cake? How would you know whether he was gay or straight? Are you going to refuse him service because he's possibly gay? Are you going to ask him about his sexual orientation?
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
(July 23, 2015 at 7:15 am)Pandæmonium Wrote: Could someone explain how wanting to see discrimination practices ended equates to anti-theism?

I don't like discrimination but I've never been called an anti-theist as a result. Serious question. FWIW having beliefs doesn't mean they are sacrosanct. I'd defend people's rights to have whatever beliefs they want any day of the week, but they mean little to me in themselves.
I knew it, you would turn a blind eye and play the discrimination card even though I said countless times I'm no homophobe and have many gay friends.You're wilfully an asshole against my Liberty of Conscience amendment right even though I'm not discriminating against anybody as I keep saying thousands of times. I'm done with you dishonest hypocrite. Fck off.

[Image: e909fc9890ec341aa1b5f2f8c18b2345.jpg]

[Image: 55a0c22e8fa38878998bcc37466e4cd2.jpg]

(July 23, 2015 at 7:45 am)Tonus Wrote: Shouldn't a devout Christian baker make every prospective customer fill out a form, so as to make sure he is not baking a cake for a fornicator, or drug user, or adulterer, or thief, or a person who has taken the lord's name in vain? If you're only going to glorify god when a gay couple asks for a wedding cake, you're probably already ticketed for a first-class seat in hell. How many atheists have you baked a cake for? You think god only started counting now?
How many times in this thread have I said I was a bystanding "live and let" BUDDHIST. I don't care about fcking fundamentalist anti-gay Christian assholes.

My only issue is being forced to bake what? **wedding** cakes. I said they can choose all other types of cakes. Jeez, are you purposely deaf?
If you're a practicing Buddhist, I'm Donald Duck.
(July 23, 2015 at 9:11 am)omnomnom Wrote: [Image: e909fc9890ec341aa1b5f2f8c18b2345.jpg]

This is the dumbest and simultaneously the most disturbing thing I've read for the past week.

You gotta be trolling
Ha Ha Ha Ha ha ha ha Ha Ha ha Ha ha ha ha Ha ha HA!lolzlolzlozl
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
(July 23, 2015 at 9:07 am)rexbeccarox Wrote: I have a bunch of different thoughts:

1. I'm all for businesses serving or not serving whomever they want because I'm all for customers shopping wherever they want. I have no doubt the free market would take care of it, and the vocal and practicing bigots (OP) of the world would be forced to clean up their acts or pack it in due to lack of business. BUT:

2. We have anti-discrimination laws in the US. The law is what comes first, so, no omnom: you have no right to refuse service to a gay couple getting married, and the laws will take care of it.

3. Omnom, what if a man walked into your shop by himself and ordered a wedding cake? How would you know whether he was gay or straight? Are you going to refuse him service because he's possibly gay? Are you going to ask him about his sexual orientation?
Thanx you look like someone who's actually trying to understand what's going on.

No, I won't ask them "are you gay?" Gays can have cakes ANY CAKE they wanting my store. Birthday cakes, party cakes, whatever cakes BUT I'm just saying NO to the **WEDDING** cakes since I will violate my sexual conscience and beliefs big time for it by making it. (Probably pay for it in next rebirth too). Understand that it's not discrimination but my right to not condone it. I have fucking gay friends that are totally OK with my "we agree to disagree so don't expect a wedding cake" stance.