Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 27, 2024, 5:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Supreme Court Same Sex Marriage Argumet
RE: Supreme Court Same Sex Marriage Argumet
(August 4, 2015 at 12:02 pm)Ace Wrote:
(August 4, 2015 at 11:26 am)Neimenovic Wrote: You know, I'm still waiting for the explanation how same sex marriage affects population growth ._.

Hahah I am sad that we just started talking, but I am not goring to talk any more because it really hurt to know mentally ill people are not liked by all here. my brother just told me to stop posting because its not worth the bad insults.
Hopefully Anima can answer you question. I will be reading what you guys say.

Thank you for your time talking with me and letting me discuss ideas with you.

Whoah, what? What does any of this have to do with mental illness?

If you're mentally ill, I'm sorry to hear that. I am too.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(August 4, 2015 at 11:40 am)Ace Wrote:
(August 4, 2015 at 11:02 am)Iroscato Wrote: Christ, it actually hurts my eyes just reading that. I'm already an athiest, and I'm actually a nice person to non-crazy people.
I really can't be fucked to reply to the rest of your frothing insanity, so I will no longer be interacting with you. In fact, welcome to my ignore list. You have that little to bring to the table. Cheerio.

Well, cant win them all. Sorry you feel that way. But maybe it is best to not talk any more because I have no respect for people who publicly give hate speech about those who are menially ill. Its not a joke are funny! it is very sick. So for you and all your equality, fair treatment shit, (now i will speak ill of you)

FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKING HYPOCRITE BIGOT TO THE MENTALLY ILL. !!!!! Swear Swear i truly hope no one you love even has to go through a mental illness.

This really hurt. so I am just going to leave this this taking place. Sorry I tried to talk about ideas with you guys.
My brother was right you guys really are mean people. Well, by Big Grin thanks to some who actually let me talk my mind. Wink

Uhhh....

First off, not all people who are mentally ill qualify as crazy.
Second of all, how do you know he hasn't been through a mental illness? -_-
(August 3, 2015 at 3:25 pm)Redbeard The Pink Wrote: Have I really brought up the Bible that many times in this thread? I've mostly been highlighting the fact that your whole argument about fallacies is itself rooted in fallacies.

You claim that this victory will lead to victories for people with arguably worse predilections concerning sex and marriage (slippery slope). When called out, you incite special pleading.

You claim that the pro-marriage arguments are appealing to novelty when, in fact, widespread legal pressure against homsexuals is FAAAR more novel than homosexuality itself. Prior to the Christianization of Rome, laws against homosexuality weren't that common in civilized cultures. All evidence indicates that there has been some level of homosexuality throughout most if not all historical human cultures, and for the most part bigotry against it has been pretty limited except for the last 1,000 years or so.

You claim that homosexuality is useless and/or harmful from a biological perspective. First off, evidence indicates that homosexual behavior is ubiquitous throughout nature in various species. When it does occur, it's rare enough to be harmless to species' likelihood to survive and thrive; it is essentially a non-factor in the overall health and well-being of a species.

Furthermore,  that argument assumes that the only usefulness an organism poses to its species is to procreate. By that standard, homosexuality is no more or less useless than any other physical or mental abnormalities that preclude a person from reproducing. Procreation isn't the only way for a human to be useful to the survival of other humans, and it's certainly not the only way a human can contribute to civilised society. That whole chunk of your argument is a wash.

There you go. Your whole argument refuted with no bible stuff. Honestly, without "because my holy book says so," the anti-marriage arguments lose what little water they held to begin with. There is no logically sound reason to withhold equal marriage rights from homosexuals.

Thanks for talking with me. however you were also mean and rude but I still thank you. Hope all will be good for you. Also forgot to tell you I love your name. Smile
Well now I feel like kind of a cunt, I admit. I am sorry if I came across as making fun of you Ace, I didn't know you were mentally ill. I'm also not in any bigoted towards them, it's just that this subject can be quite a sore spot for me having had friends who were gay be abused in all manner of ways, simply for their nature.
I'm attacking your arguments, not you or whatever condition you have, but I guess my temper gets the better of me sometimes.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(August 4, 2015 at 12:06 pm)Neimenovic Wrote:
(August 4, 2015 at 11:40 am)Ace Wrote: Well, cant win them all. Sorry you feel that way. But maybe it is best to not talk any more because I have no respect for people who publicly give hate speech about those who are menially ill. Its not a joke are funny! it is very sick. So for you and all your equality, fair treatment shit, (now i will speak ill of you)

FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKING HYPOCRITE BIGOT TO THE MENTALLY ILL. !!!!!  Swear  Swear  i truly hope no one you love even has to go through a mental illness.

This really hurt. so I am just going to leave this this taking place. Sorry I tried to talk about ideas with you guys.
My brother was right you guys really are mean people. Well, by  Big Grin  thanks to some who actually let me talk my mind. Wink

Uhhh....

First off, not all people who are mentally ill qualify as crazy.
Second of all, how do you know he hasn't been through a mental illness? -_-

HAHA, ture, no medication dose help out a lot but not always sadly. I know many people that I has not worked for them. A lot of them are very much in pain that many sadly do take their life.
But there is different classifications, there is High functioning and low to non functioning. Test are done to see how bad the illness is in your understanding, reading, writing, math, and basic like information, (like how many hours are in a day). Some have to go to a spectacle facility to get help with every thing and others can mostly live on their own. Depending what it is or not you will be given medicine or, an operation, or just plan help.

He said he respects no one who is mentally ill . It was like "I respect all people expect mental ill one's" i am paraphrasing here.
No, he said crazy people. That's really not quite the same. And now he apologized.

I understand you're upset, but I assure you there was no ill intent here.
I'm mentally ill, too, and I think you're being an over-sensitive baby, Ace.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(August 4, 2015 at 11:10 am)Ace Wrote:
(August 4, 2015 at 11:06 am)Pyrrho Wrote: I have no idea. You could do a search for the name of the singer, which might lead to the answer to your question.

Who is the singer. I don't like country so I don't know who is who.

It says on the video: Trevor Moore.  I do not know if that is a real name of the person, or just a made-up name for a show.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
(August 4, 2015 at 12:35 pm)Faith No More Wrote: I'm mentally ill, too, and I think you're being an over-sensitive baby, Ace.

Yes, you are right. My apologies
(August 4, 2015 at 12:13 pm)Iroscato Wrote: Well now I feel like kind of a cunt, I admit. I am sorry if I came across as making fun of you Ace, I didn't know you were mentally ill. I'm also not in any bigoted towards them, it's just that this subject can be quite a sore spot for me having had friends who were gay be abused in all manner of ways, simply for their nature.
I'm attacking your arguments, not you or whatever condition you have, but I guess my temper gets the better of me sometimes.

No, truthfully you have nothing to apologise for. It was truly my fault, for I did over react. Therefore I humbly ask that you accept my apologies, for they are truly from the heart. Emotions are part of being who we are, and one must learn, (myself diffenitly included) not to fault anyone when they stir up. It is only natural and human,

Yes, many of use have family, friends and ourselves who have been mistreated and herrased by other for many resaions, even for being gay. And we have fear of harm occurring to them always. Disagreements are nothing compared to the love we have of our full family, friends and all.

I understand completely and fully your need,want, love, or just plan must to protect what is very dear to you!! We all will do so with out question, I hope.

To make one thing clear, and all joking aside. I support no such action or violent treatment of anyone!! Or the death of anyone. Right, wrong, like it or not, no one is above anyone, all are equall in mind, body, and yes for those who believe in faith, the soul most definitively.

Again my apologies

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leaked Supreme Court Decision signals majority set to overturn Roe v. Wade Cecelia 234 19490 June 7, 2022 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Same guy? onlinebiker 10 783 May 27, 2022 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Madison Cawthorn Sex Tape Released Divinity 26 4555 May 6, 2022 at 4:52 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Supreme Court To Take Up Right to Carry Firearm Outside Home onlinebiker 57 2788 April 29, 2021 at 8:20 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Court Ordered Quarantine brewer 2 483 October 24, 2019 at 10:15 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Supreme Court Considers Mandatory Govt Funding of Religious Education EgoDeath 8 850 September 24, 2019 at 10:37 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Fed Court, "hand over 8yrs of your finances" Brian37 15 1182 May 22, 2019 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Corruption is the same worldwide..... Brian37 4 659 December 2, 2018 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Hitler Had The Same Problem Minimalist 4 697 November 26, 2018 at 6:41 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Court of Appeals Tells Alabama Shitheads to "Fuck Off!" Minimalist 6 1216 August 23, 2018 at 2:00 am
Last Post: Minimalist