Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2024, 6:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God's Ass
RE: God's Ass
(August 8, 2015 at 5:47 pm)Godschild Wrote:
(August 7, 2015 at 3:40 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: Dude, the fairy tale plainly states that Moses and the God character gazed into each other's eyes.

https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/De...my%2034:10

Deuteronomy 34:10

All those Biblical references and not one says they looked into each others eyes, God has no eyes as we know them, He is Spirit. 

GC

You have already decided that god has no body so when you read a bible verse that alludes to god's body parts, you can't accept them as being literal and have to explain them away. T

You have not explained what face to face means or how a rock could protect Moses.
(August 8, 2015 at 5:47 pm)Godschild Wrote:
(August 7, 2015 at 3:40 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: Dude, the fairy tale plainly states that Moses and the God character gazed into each other's eyes.

https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/De...my%2034:10

Deuteronomy 34:10

All those Biblical references and not one says they looked into each others eyes, God has no eyes as we know them, He is Spirit. 

GC

You do know that Moses was a god himself, don't you? And if God is a spirit how in the heck did he write on those stone tablets?
This is right up there with don't draw pictures of Muhammad.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
The problem as I see it there is more than one god in the OT.  The Genesis stories tend to come in pairs.   In one part of each pair god is corporeal and rather human looking and behaving.  In Exodus god gets rather less fleshy in his personal encounters with humans but but he still wobbles towards human like corporeal form.  He gets less human as the OT continues from there until eventually he communicates through writing including writing eaten by a prophet.

Christians have pretty much settled on an incorporeal god, but all those corporeal passages of the OT are still hanging around creating a problem for modern Christians like GC. 

If Christians just admitted that the Bible was written by people with a changing concept of god, apologetics might get easier.  Of course you have to give up on the Bible being inerrant.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(August 9, 2015 at 3:49 pm)Spooky Wrote: This is right up there with don't draw pictures of Muhammad.

Especially with a donkey dick in his mouth.

Did I say that out loud?

Meh
(August 9, 2015 at 4:09 pm)Neimenovic Wrote:
(August 9, 2015 at 3:49 pm)Spooky Wrote: This is right up there with don't draw pictures of Muhammad.

Especially with a donkey dick in his mouth.

Did I say that out loud?

Meh

Dunno, I've seen some pretty compromising of Jesus + Muhammad, and as we all know, Jeebus is white...
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
OK, we don't have to move further ahead than Genesis.

Quote:Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness;

What image and likeness? Doesn't seem very spirity to me.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(August 9, 2015 at 4:30 pm)abaris Wrote: OK, we don't have to move further ahead than Genesis.

Quote:Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness;

More than a few kids in Sunday school have asked that one.  The answer I got was that it's the soul that makes in god's image.  In retrospect it's kinda perfect.  The god of which there is no evidence specially gave you the soul of which there is no evidence.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(August 9, 2015 at 4:34 pm)Jenny A Wrote:
(August 9, 2015 at 4:30 pm)abaris Wrote: OK, we don't have to move further ahead than Genesis.

More than a few kids in Sunday school have asked that one.  The answer I got was that it's the soul that makes in god's image.  In retrospect it's kinda perfect.  The god of which there is no evidence specially gave you the soul of which there is no evidence.

Yeah, I usually get "we were spiritually made in his spiritual image, not literally to look like him." Which begs the question of why gawd would then need hands (or alt least one to cover moses eyes with), legs and feet (to walk in the garden with), a head (presumably) with a face (that he wouldn't show to moses), and an ass if he were truly pure spirit. I think it's safe to presume from these partial descriptions that gawd is indeed portrayed as human-like in appearance despite GCs protestations.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(August 8, 2015 at 6:41 pm)Jenny A Wrote:
(August 8, 2015 at 5:47 pm)Godschild Wrote: All those Biblical references and not one says they looked into each others eyes, God has no eyes as we know them, He is Spirit. 

GC

Quote:Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden. 9 But the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?”

10 He answered, “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.”

Genesis 3:8-10

Sounds rather corporeal to me.  And very affected by weather as he waited until the cool of the evening.

That's all you got from those verses, you really need to pay attention to what you read.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dark matter kicks ass again. Please watch. ignoramus 3 995 June 4, 2018 at 11:29 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Go Blow Jesus Out Your Ass Minimalist 185 50365 September 28, 2017 at 3:53 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Kissing Hank's Ass lifesagift 5 2200 November 22, 2014 at 8:19 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 21595 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie