Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 9:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What are the evidence for no god?
RE: What are the evidence for no god?
(October 17, 2015 at 10:30 am)Blondie Wrote: Satanism - when it gets to the point of sacrificing animals, raping children, and sacrificing babies, it ain't no better than Islam.  Satan don't care what you do as long as you don't believe in God, he's got ya whether you know it or not.

Say what?  To believe in Satan requires a belief in god also.  And where is your source on "sacrificing animals, raping children, and sacrificing babies".  Catholic priests rape children.  Many an animal was sacrificed to god of the bible.  The bible condones 'baby killing' on numerous occasions.

So, are you saying the god of the bible is Satan?  If not, what is your source for accusing Satan of those atrocities?
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
(October 17, 2015 at 11:10 am)Blondie Wrote: [...]Intelligent Design does not need an explanation. 

Of course not. That's because it's made up nonsense and religious propaganda. No need to explain that.

(October 17, 2015 at 11:10 am)Blondie Wrote: Theories have to be explained and accepted.  Even at that, they will never be fact.

They're not supposed to be. Facts are facts. Theories are just scientific ways of explaining and predicting facts.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
The Blind Watchmaker debunks the I.D. argument, go read it. The watchmaker is blind... it is evolution through natural selection.
(October 17, 2015 at 10:30 am)Blondie Wrote: Satanism - when it gets to the point of sacrificing animals, raping children, and sacrificing babies, it ain't no better than Islam.  Satan don't care what you do as long as you don't believe in God, he's got ya whether you know it or not.

That does not happen in Satanism. You are ignorant of what other beliefs are about.

(October 17, 2015 at 10:30 am)Blondie Wrote: If the theories are 100% perfect, why are they still called theories if they are perfect? 

Doesn't mean to say that they aren't correct. There is an overwhelming body of evidence to tell us that we know that they are correct.

(October 17, 2015 at 10:30 am)Blondie Wrote: Why not intelligent design? 

That's not a theory. It cannot be demonstrated and has no explanatory power. We cannot use it. We can use evolution in theory and practice. It explains a lot that we depend upon. Intelligent design is not falsifiable. You are ignorant of the scientific method.

(October 17, 2015 at 10:30 am)Blondie Wrote: I do think there is micro evolution, but macro-evolution

There is no difference. Your so called macro evolution works by using the smallest steps possible. There is no mechanism to stop the small steps that you refer to as microevolution accumulating to become big changes over time. So if you believe in microevolution and not macroevolution the onus is on you to demonstrate or theorise about some mechanism to stop small changes accumulating over time. Otherwise you believe in macroevolution as well.

(October 17, 2015 at 10:30 am)Blondie Wrote: Monkeys again would be extinct completely if human became from monkeys no. 

Humans did not come from monkeys. Monkeys, apes and humans all had a common ancestor and fill different evolutionary niches. You are ignorant of evolution.

(October 17, 2015 at 10:30 am)Blondie Wrote: There is also scientific proof that the universe is younger than what you think based on scientific evidence.

No there isn't.

(October 17, 2015 at 10:30 am)Blondie Wrote: There have been rocks proven only to be 40 years old when they were originally thought be hundreds of years old. 

No there aren't. Even hundreds of years old tells us that you know nothing about the subject. Try millions of years old. You are ignorant of geology.

(October 17, 2015 at 10:30 am)Blondie Wrote: Astrologists have found that some stars do not last as long as some of the the other stars and also prove the age of the universe. 

If you knew what you were talking about you would know that astronomy and astrology are two different things.

(October 17, 2015 at 10:30 am)Blondie Wrote: Let's look at the definition,  a theory is an educated guess. at best. 

You are ignorant of what a scientific theory is.

(October 17, 2015 at 10:30 am)Blondie Wrote: There is no proof of the big bang because humans simply didn't exist. 

You are ignorant of astrophysics. Explain the cosmic background radiation and red shift.

(October 17, 2015 at 10:30 am)Blondie Wrote: I didn't want to be fed your propaganda.  I wasn't in the mood the the atheist propaganda you are selling.  Your theory of evolution has been dismissed as a deceitful lie that I knew it was.  So what part of your brain did you turn off?

So you admit that you deliberately remained ignorant and did not want to learn.

I'll remind you:

(October 17, 2015 at 9:59 am)I_am_not_mafia Wrote:
(October 17, 2015 at 9:42 am)Blondie Wrote: That is why they do not educate their women.  Ignorant people are easier to control.  

Please remember this.
Why does intelligent design "not need an explanation"? It seems to me that it does.
Why were things designed?
How were they designed?
Why does all the evidence not support intelligent design, and there is SOOOO much evidence?
why for most of the history of life was there very little variation if there was intelligent design?

or his he like the god of evolution on the disc world.

Quote:Turning his back completely on the human race and moving to Mono Island, he then threw his energies into re-designing living creatures and seeking to improve on them. This is hampered as he can only do things one at a time: until he has a frank chat with Mrs Whitlow, he is ignorant in the fine details of how to get his creations to reproduce themselves. Many of his early creations proved non-viable, due to his misguided attempt to put wheels on everything; of the ones that made it, the hermit elephant can be considered typical of his "improvements".

By then, most of the wizards have taken advantage of Argo Nauticae Uniquo to leave the island. Ponder Stibbons stays - for just long enough to grasp the awful truth of how far this God has turned his back on the human race.

The future has six legs and is cockroach-shaped. Insects are the pinnacle of life. Larger animals are there mainly to provide dung, or hosts for parasites.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(October 17, 2015 at 11:10 am)Blondie Wrote: Intelligent Design does not need an explanation.
Is that because.....
A- There is no explanation?, or
B- Because it's fully explained?

If A, then there's no basis to believe it's true.
If B, then explain it.
Lets face it, I.D is pathetic. "Irreducibility" can fuck off.
(October 17, 2015 at 5:06 am)Blondie Wrote:
(October 17, 2015 at 1:10 am)Laika Wrote: Russel's Teapot (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell%27s_teapot)

The burden of proof has always and will always fall on the believer. You make the positive claim, YOU must provide the evidence. I'm not sure why theists can't seem to grasp this concept, no matter how many times it is explained to you.

I can't speak for other theists. I do grab that concept. You are right about the burden of proof has always and always will fall on the believer. Science says you have to provide evidence so therefore we are programmed to think this way. Proving God exists no believer can provide proof and that is where the concept of faith comes in. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong. Atheists want proof, but doesn't comprehend what faith is. I have also heard of some atheists praying to God when things go so wrong for them while others know what the Bible says, but choose to reject it. There are others who believe in evolution, while others can't believe that there just maybe might be a more powerful force out there besides humans. There are still others who can't explain their position. There are again others who blame God for something that has hurt them so bad such as a death of their newborn, child, etc so they stop believing. There are others who have been hurt by Christians and walk away. There are others who choose to reject all ideas about any deity or power. I get that as a theist if that is what you want to call me. Just curious. If the account of Noah's flood isn't true, then how is it possible that we have found Noah's Ark split up into three pieces? How about the burning bush? We found our way to that. The Muslims will kill you if you try to find it because it is heavily guarded because they are hiding it from the world to find out that the Biblical accounts may be true after all.

First off, no, there has never been evidence of the Ark discovered. Perhaps you should double check the shit you read online before putting every ounce of faith into it. Every claim ever made about the Ark or the Bush or shit under the Red Sea being found has been debunked almost immediately after the claim is made. 

I comprehend what faith is. However, so many theists (Christians in particular) try to bring their god into the realm of science, where he does not belong. So many will insult atheists and call us fools for not "seeing that he exists", like the evidence is actually out there when it is not. I wouldn't ask for proof if Christians didn't state it as fact. Simple as that.
No...

A scientific theory means it has passed rigorous examination and represents the best model we currently have. It's not the same usage as the informal "theory" which is just an idea. This would be, in science, a hypothesis.

That's what the words mean in this context. If you want to substitute your own words, that's fine, but you don't get to substitute your own meanings.

Evolution is not a competitor to ID, only ID proponents draw those battle lines. Evolution is science, it is as close to fact as you can get. The fact that it happens to make ID look stupid is a side effect.

Science is not propaganda, nor is it anything to do with atheism.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Redefining words is usually the only way the faithful can make their stories work.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Historical Evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Nishant Xavier 38 2598 August 7, 2023 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  When were the Gospels Written? The External and Internal Evidence. Nishant Xavier 62 3476 August 6, 2023 at 10:25 pm
  Veridical NDEs: Evidence/Proof of the Soul and the After-Life? Nishant Xavier 32 1758 August 6, 2023 at 5:36 pm
  Isaiah 53, 700 B.C: Historical Evidence of the Divine Omniscience. Nishant Xavier 91 4984 August 6, 2023 at 2:19 pm
  Conscience and the Moral Argument as Evidence for the Goodness of God. Nishant Xavier 162 8394 July 9, 2023 at 7:53 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Signature in the Cell: DNA as Evidence for Design, beside Nature's Laws/Fine-Tuning. Nishant Xavier 54 2967 July 8, 2023 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Why the resurrection accounts are not evidence LinuxGal 5 1072 October 29, 2022 at 2:01 pm
  Legal evidence of atheism Interaktive 16 2680 February 9, 2020 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Evidence for Believing Lek 368 51114 November 14, 2019 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
Information The Best Logique Evidence of God Existence Nogba 225 25275 August 2, 2019 at 11:44 am
Last Post: comet