Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2024, 5:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conversational Challenges
RE: Conversational Challenges
OP, if you want to read some wacky arguments and get a lobotomy on the cheap you'd be best off reading the arguments from the poster 'little rik' (above). That's some nut fuckery you're unlikely to encounter in meat space.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(November 14, 2015 at 4:56 am)Oceanian Wrote:
(November 13, 2015 at 8:05 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: No doubt, the sincerity of the OP is questionable at best.

What? Are you talking about me? I'm not a theist goddamnit! I was just looking for counter-arguments against incredibly ignorant christian arguments where I can't even think of an answer to. Please read my bio if you doubt me.

(November 13, 2015 at 8:59 am)Whateverist the White Wrote: I assume the original poster is just a theist on a lark.  How common has it been for one to show up here announcing their new found atheism but not knowing what to say to the good arguments of theists?  Oh gosh, if you actually think those are good arguments you must have your head as far up your ass as those you're 'arguing' with.

I never said those were good arguments, they are just so ignorant I can't even answer.

Sorry about that.  Didn't mean to get all personal and mean on you.  It just fits a pattern for theists to come here and be leaning toward atheism except for ..
(November 14, 2015 at 11:10 am)Pandæmonium Wrote: OP, if you want to read some wacky arguments and get a lobotomy on the cheap you'd be best off reading the arguments from the poster 'little rik' (above). That's some nut fuckery you're unlikely to encounter in meat space.

And there's enough of it to keep you entertained for years...
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Also, do try the lasagne!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Photo 
I just stumbled across my youtube comments' replies, and found THE stereotypical close-minded christian yet again.
Comments goes as follows:

User 'Ekto Snot'

+Yu Xi Tao (that's me) My friend, your assumption was already talked and studied. And guess what? He existed! Before bullshiting, learn! Bullshit, we can all talk.
-------------------------------------------------------
My reply:

User 'Yu Xi Tao' 

What the actual fuck? You are trying to convince me a invisible male/female in the sky exists by saying he does? What kind of argument is that? You know what, you're not worth reasoning...
---------------------------------------------------------
What he meant by assumption was the evolution theory. You know, his comment actually made me laugh. Anyways, I didn't really think it would be worth reasoning.
"The belief that everything came from a invisible man, was rational enough in the prehistoric era.
This belief in the modern world however, is hallucination and cannot be explained otherwise."

-Oceanian
(November 14, 2015 at 7:29 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(November 12, 2015 at 12:26 pm)robvalue Wrote: Heya, welcome to the forum Smile You've come to the right place, we love dismantling theists' arguments here.

You are pretty optimistic Rob, do you?  Smile
When i read this statement i was in a state of shock.
You almost made me swallow my drink down my lungs.
One thing is to SAY.........WE WISH TO......an other thing is ...... we love dismantling theists' arguments here.  Smile  Rolleyes  Smile
But i guess you refer to religious arguments.
Well in this case it would be better if you state clearly that rather than refer to theists in general.  Lightbulb

Who let this guy loose? Quick, grab the chain!
I actually enjoyed Dawkins and TGD Smile. It was my first time reading on the subject of atheism. I really liked his concept of the crane versus the skyhook when talking about natural selection and creationism. But I am relatively new to atheism, and far from a great intellect, the likes of which I see all the time on these forums, so what the hell do I know? ?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
I also enjoyed TGD very much, one of my favourite books ever. Oh, BTW though, he borrowed the crane and skyhook analogy from Daniel Dennett.
Conversational Challenges
Oh my! Thank you for the clarification Smile

Also, I definitely posted that comment on the wrong thread...lol
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken.