Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 18, 2024, 7:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AF Get-Togethers
RE: AF Get-Togethers
(November 29, 2015 at 7:13 am)robvalue Wrote: Yeah, I did see it and I would have been up to it had I been able to afford to travel Sad

I didn't see it but the same applies to me Sad
(November 29, 2015 at 7:35 am)pocaracas Wrote: Stimbo or Evie... where should I go?
Traveling is no problem for me... except for the time it takes... and I'd like to go there and back again in a day.

You could meet me but you couldn't visit me, I live with my ex-gf and her boyfriend and it would be super awkward Shock

Like, if you wanted to meet up for coffee, then that would be cool Big Grin

But I may not have ANY money on me, so that would suck Sad
(November 29, 2015 at 7:47 am)robvalue Wrote: If it was just me, I would love to! But my wife and her parents might find it rude of me. Another time would be great Smile

If they don't bust up the machine, I'll be back next year! Wink
(November 29, 2015 at 7:56 am)Evie Wrote:
(November 29, 2015 at 7:35 am)pocaracas Wrote: Stimbo or Evie... where should I go?
Traveling is no problem for me... except for the time it takes... and I'd like to go there and back again in a day.

You could meet me but you couldn't visit me, I live with my ex-gf and her boyfriend and it would be super awkward Shock

Like, if you wanted to meet up for coffee, then that would be cool Big Grin

But I may not have ANY money on me, so that would suck Sad

Awesome. Meet up on Saturday. Skype me for details! Smile
I'll try Smile

I dunno what I'm doing Saturday... hopefully nothing Smile
I'm going to be in Seattle for a month or two, if any northwest homies want to get together sometime and hang out with me, the king of awesome.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(November 29, 2015 at 5:09 am)robvalue Wrote: There is indeed a train! I went on it recently for the first time. I told my wife I was looking forward to it. She couldn't understand why, she said it was boring.

So we were on the coach, and it drove onto the train and... it felt like nothing was happening, and someone was just shaking the train from side to side. Weird and boring.

She asked me what I expected, and I said I thought we'd see out the windows, and see fish swimming underwater or something... I'm dense sometimes.

I would have thought the same thing. I'm dense sometimes also. Tongue I thought you would see outside and the tunnel would be dark, but see the countryside our something when not in the tunnel. I would be excited even knowing the truth. Because I LOVE to travel.
[Image: dc52deee8e6b07186c04ff66a45fd204.jpg]
Yeah, if I was just on the main train and not also inside a coach, I would have probably got to see something at least Smile We had no windows to look out of for the massive carriage we were in.

It was still an experience! And it got me to the WW1 rememberance which was the point of it. I was expecting France and Belgium to "look different", so that I'd instantly know it wasn't just another bit of Britain. The parts I went to really didn't look very different at all, besides some differing house designs.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Fingers crossed I'm till meeting Pocahontas on Saturday!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Let's see...
Oxford to York, 3:30 hours, check!
Train from York to where Evie is, a place I've dubbed ass-end-of-the-world, check!
Meet Evie, check
Lunch with Evie, check
[Image: 20151205_143920_zpsqfmoraqm.jpg]

Get Evie on a train to see York, check!
[Image: IMG_20151205_163715f_zpssugyaahl.jpg]

Say goodbye to Evie at York as we had to get on different trains to go back home, check!
Another 3h30 back to Oxford, check.

That's what I call a full day.
I'm glad we met. Evie's a nice guy... even after 3 espressos (or, as we call them, expressos).
Now I need to headshot him on UT.