Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 8, 2024, 12:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Astrology?
RE: Astrology?
Don't ask me... Angel
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(December 5, 2015 at 7:40 pm)Homeless Nutter Wrote:
(December 5, 2015 at 7:32 pm)IAOALGIV Wrote: Oh yeah dude def mad over here   Angry  Angry  Angry

He he... I know you are. It's OK - one day you'll grow up, learn some real stuff and you'll be laughing at the nonsense you believe in now. Good luck. Smile

Apparently his horoscope didn't tell him he'd be mocked by a bunch of Atheists online today.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
I wonder how much actual time he has wasted studying astrology...
The mind boggles....

Anyway, gotta go, just finishing off my thesis titled: Feng Shui - the mathematical geometry behind spacial unidimensional energy flow.

Catch.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(December 5, 2015 at 8:24 pm)ignoramus Wrote: I wonder how much actual time he has wasted studying astrology...
The mind boggles....

Anyway, gotta go, just finishing off my thesis titled:  Feng Shui - the mathematical geometry behind spacial unidimensional energy flow.

Catch.

Oh wow Feng Shui so impressive.

Anyway kiddos, what did we learn while I was away??
LOL how can you possibly study something like Feng Shui (If you're not just being a retard) and not be into Astrology???

I Ching anyone??
Ok, just in and read my chart. It is, as I expected, largely general nonsense that most people would like to be accurate about themselves. Point by point:

1. The 'Leo rising' bit is almost all completely and utterly wrong. My nose is straight, not curved. ALL foreheads are wide - this is the nature of foreheads. 'Elegant' in appearance? I suppose so, as I make a sincere effort to choose the sweat pants with the fewest gravy stains.

2. 'Sun sign'. Yeah, not so much. I'm not competitive with other people and (except for my brief rugby career), I never have been.

3. 'Moon in Libra'. This was a bit confusing, in that you say I tend toward laziness, but just a bit earlier you went on and on about my sense of initiative. And the 'harmonious nature' comment couldn't be more wrong. I do not suffer fools gladly (search my posts), and I have never been one to 'see past peoples' faults'.

4. 'Sun moon combo': This cut-and-paste doesn't apply to me at all. I'm largely a homebody, and the notion that I reject reason for intuition is simply laughable (if I rejected reason, I might take up something stupid, like astrology).

5. 'Mercury in Ares': So, you need astrology to tell you that people who visit message boards like to debate? As for my leaving here before you posted the chart, that was a prior commitment, nothing to do with being rash or rushed. As for 'more fruitful project', trust me - I'm plenty fruitful (at least according to Inland Revenue).

6. 'Venus in Ares': I've been married for 13 years and couldn't be happier. So much for not wanting to be tied down.

7. 'Mars in Taurus': Trust me, I don't repress my anger. In fact, I recently had to appear in court for failing to repress my anger.

Evaluation: Yes, you got some things right, but these are things that apply to most people, and you got more wrong than you got right. You weren't at all specific (as I requested), simply presented a rehashing of the general word salad for which astrologers are known.

Now, please answer 11 the points I raised earlier in this thread.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 5, 2015 at 9:56 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Ok, just in and read my chart. It is, as I expected, largely general nonsense that most people would like to be accurate about themselves.  Point by point:

1.  The 'Leo rising' bit is almost all completely and utterly wrong.  My nose is straight, not curved.  ALL foreheads are wide - this is the nature of foreheads.  'Elegant' in appearance?  I suppose so, as I make a sincere effort to choose the sweat pants with the fewest gravy stains.

2.  'Sun sign'.  Yeah, not so much.  I'm not competitive with other people and (except for my brief rugby career), I never have been.

3.  'Moon in Libra'.  This was a bit confusing, in that you say I tend toward laziness, but just a bit earlier you went on and on about my sense of initiative.  And the 'harmonious nature' comment couldn't be more wrong.  I do not suffer fools gladly (search my posts), and I have never been one to 'see past peoples' faults'.

4.  'Sun moon combo':  This cut-and-paste doesn't apply to me at all.  I'm largely a homebody, and the notion that I reject reason for intuition is simply laughable (if I rejected reason, I might take up something stupid, like astrology).

5.  'Mercury in Ares':  So, you need astrology to tell you that people who visit message boards like to debate?  As for my leaving here before you posted the chart, that was a prior commitment, nothing to do with being rash or rushed.  As for 'more fruitful project', trust me - I'm plenty fruitful (at least according to Inland Revenue).

6.  'Venus in Ares':  I've been married for 13 years and couldn't be happier.  So much for not wanting to be tied down.

7.  'Mars in Taurus':  Trust me, I don't repress my anger.  In fact, I recently had to appear in court for failing to repress my anger.

Evaluation:  Yes, you got some things right, but these are things that apply to most people, and you got more wrong than you got right.  You weren't at all specific (as I requested), simply presented a rehashing of the general word salad for which astrologers are known.

Boru

Looks like you're just as clueless as the rest of your pals LOL NEXT CALLER
(December 5, 2015 at 9:57 pm)IAOALGIV Wrote:
(December 5, 2015 at 9:56 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Ok, just in and read my chart. It is, as I expected, largely general nonsense that most people would like to be accurate about themselves.  Point by point:

1.  The 'Leo rising' bit is almost all completely and utterly wrong.  My nose is straight, not curved.  ALL foreheads are wide - this is the nature of foreheads.  'Elegant' in appearance?  I suppose so, as I make a sincere effort to choose the sweat pants with the fewest gravy stains.

2.  'Sun sign'.  Yeah, not so much.  I'm not competitive with other people and (except for my brief rugby career), I never have been.

3.  'Moon in Libra'.  This was a bit confusing, in that you say I tend toward laziness, but just a bit earlier you went on and on about my sense of initiative.  And the 'harmonious nature' comment couldn't be more wrong.  I do not suffer fools gladly (search my posts), and I have never been one to 'see past peoples' faults'.

4.  'Sun moon combo':  This cut-and-paste doesn't apply to me at all.  I'm largely a homebody, and the notion that I reject reason for intuition is simply laughable (if I rejected reason, I might take up something stupid, like astrology).

5.  'Mercury in Ares':  So, you need astrology to tell you that people who visit message boards like to debate?  As for my leaving here before you posted the chart, that was a prior commitment, nothing to do with being rash or rushed.  As for 'more fruitful project', trust me - I'm plenty fruitful (at least according to Inland Revenue).

6.  'Venus in Ares':  I've been married for 13 years and couldn't be happier.  So much for not wanting to be tied down.

7.  'Mars in Taurus':  Trust me, I don't repress my anger.  In fact, I recently had to appear in court for failing to repress my anger.

Evaluation:  Yes, you got some things right, but these are things that apply to most people, and you got more wrong than you got right.  You weren't at all specific (as I requested), simply presented a rehashing of the general word salad for which astrologers are known.

Boru

Looks like you're just as clueless as the rest of your pals LOL NEXT CALLER

Ok, so you get things wrong that, if astrology was worth a flaming shit, you should have gotten right, and it's MY fault? You make claims for astrology that don't pan out, and then dismiss objections when YOU get things wrong.

Jack Nicholson can't stop laughing.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I think astrology is fun to look at but it shouldn't be taken seriously
(December 5, 2015 at 10:01 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(December 5, 2015 at 9:57 pm)IAOALGIV Wrote: Looks like you're just as clueless as the rest of your pals LOL NEXT CALLER

Ok, so you get things wrong that, if astrology was worth a flaming shit, you should have gotten right, and it's MY fault?  You make claims for astrology that don't pan out, and then dismiss objections when YOU get things wrong.

Jack Nicholson can't stop laughing.

Boru

Don't blame Astrology for a poor interpretation son, I told you I was rusty Rolleyes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it cringy to point out that astrology is fake? Sicnoo0 44 4280 September 30, 2023 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Do you believe in astrology? Porcupine 30 5302 December 12, 2022 at 8:59 am
Last Post: nathan5
  Astrology: What's your Thoughts? RiddledWithFear 53 7222 December 7, 2016 at 2:18 pm
Last Post: Athene
  Astrology challange. purplepurpose 192 40776 December 6, 2016 at 12:30 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Astrology proven to be scientific (according to M. Adams) L.A.F. 7 4043 May 6, 2013 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: viocjit
  Bombay High Court Rules Astrology To Be a Science Jaysyn 16 5739 February 15, 2011 at 5:14 am
Last Post: D.S.M.