Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 3:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Astrology?
Astrology?
Who here believes? Disagrees? I'd like to hear people's opinions on the subject.
RE: Astrology?
Umm... I think there might only be a single astrology believer on this whole forum.

On a completely unrelated note, have you met Little Rik?
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
Astrology is retarded on a cosmic scale.
Astrology, homeopathy, Mormonism, it's a tough call which is more brain dead.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I think there was once a poll on here that ranks things in terms of how stupid they are and astrology came out as the stupidest. But I'm probably only saying that because I'm a Libra.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Thanks for the replies guys. CapnAwesome i'm a Capricorn buddy. Libras are awesome

Alright guys, so we have a general consensus that Astrology is pretty lame. What about it raises the most skepticism?
It's totally made up bullshit with no conceivable way it could be true.

Like Mormonism.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

My typical reaction to people who take astrology seriously:

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 5, 2015 at 2:54 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: It's totally made up bullshit with no conceivable way it could be true.

Like Mormonism.

Okay I get that you don't believe in Astrology. Now give at least one reason why you believe that.

BrianSoddingBoru4, I'm an amateur astrologer. I GUARANTEE you that I can read you better than your family can.
All I need are your birthdate, time and location.
(December 5, 2015 at 2:52 pm)IAOALGIV Wrote: Thanks for the replies guys. CapnAwesome i'm a Capricorn buddy. Libras are awesome

Alright guys, so we have a general consensus that Astrology is pretty lame. What about it raises the most skepticism?

Well none of the claims made about it can be backed up without the use of magic. The only effect that the position of stars has on anything is tiny bits of light that is only noticeably different to the well trained eye of someone who watched the night sky and the gravitational effect of less than an orange you might have in your fridge. Based off of that physical effect giant fantastical claims are made. Truly amazing claims.

The other big side is that personality differences are obviously not separated into 12 sets of people based on man made signs and about a million other things. To believe in astrology is to believe in anything. It has the worst evidence and unlike the existence of god or gods is really easy to disprove.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it cringy to point out that astrology is fake? Sicnoo0 44 3490 September 30, 2023 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Do you believe in astrology? Porcupine 30 4910 December 12, 2022 at 8:59 am
Last Post: nathan5
  Astrology: What's your Thoughts? RiddledWithFear 53 6846 December 7, 2016 at 2:18 pm
Last Post: Athene
  Astrology challange. purplepurpose 192 38371 December 6, 2016 at 12:30 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Astrology proven to be scientific (according to M. Adams) L.A.F. 7 4005 May 6, 2013 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: viocjit
  Bombay High Court Rules Astrology To Be a Science Jaysyn 16 5597 February 15, 2011 at 5:14 am
Last Post: D.S.M.