Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 19, 2024, 5:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I get some help with school
RE: Can I get some help with school
Very well, then. Here is my advice.

Speak to your parents about this, and then have a meeting with a representative at school.

Surely, if there is a distinct pattern of you making continual As on your tests but not being able to complete homework, then surely some kind of agreement can be made where you can skip the homework.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
The problem I see though is the following - while American schools in my experience much overemphasize repetitive homework problem sets (in particular if you are a gifted student), to a certain extent having to do tasks on the side which one isn't exactly enthusiastic about is part of life and always will be. Maybe one has to get used to it to a certain extent, or life after school will also bring trouble. Even high level work later will bring with it menial things one has to do on a daily basis. Even, say, scientific research, is at least 50% boring routine crap. If you become a doctor, you will spend painful amounts of time doing dumb paperwork. There is no way around it unless you become very successful in a very specific niche that allows you to do specifically only what you love. But this is very rare. All that being said, american schools really are too focused on stupid homework and if you can find an arrangement as Kitan proposes, it wouldn't be a big loss in my opinion.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Fuck that. One does not have to "get used" to anything.

There are always special situations where people can skip the mundane, because the truth is that not everyone is boring normal.
~ Erin Hunter
(December 17, 2015 at 4:43 am)Kitan Wrote: Fuck that. One does not have to "get used" to anything.

There are always special situations where people can skip the mundane, because the truth is that not everyone is boring normal.

I can totally emphasize with that feeling because I myself am not very disciplined outside the specific things that interest me, and try to reduce those "normal" things as much as possible within the parameters in order to do what I love. So, one can try to go that route as I also mentioned, as long as one is aware that it brings certain risks and disadvantages with it.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

(December 17, 2015 at 4:51 am)Quantum Wrote: as long as one is aware that it brings certain risks and disadvantages with it.

There is no risk so long as one is aware of what needs to be done. The only disadvantage is not doing what needs to be done.
~ Erin Hunter
That's a very idealistic view. A bit too much so if you ask me.

No, you are simply too scared to take that necessary leap.
~ Erin Hunter
(December 17, 2015 at 5:22 am)Kitan Wrote: No, you are simply too scared to take that necessary leap.

Quite possible (though this discussion is a bit abstract, it applies to the choices I have to make right now). It is a matter of mentality, how much security you crave, other responsibilities you have, to what extent one is willing to live without certain amenities for uncertainperiods of time. One has to weigh those things.

(December 17, 2015 at 5:29 am)Quantum Wrote:
(December 17, 2015 at 5:22 am)Kitan Wrote: No, you are simply too scared to take that necessary leap.

Quite possible (though this discussion is a bit abstract, it applies to the choices I have to make right now). It is a matter of mentality, how much security you crave, other responsibilities you have, to what extent one is willing to live without certain amenities for uncertainperiods of time. One has to weigh those things.

You clearly believe in multiple outcomes, your username as a reference. Is the name more a crux or something you wish to obtain?
~ Erin Hunter
I don't understand..?

Oh and my username I mainly have because I was drunk and Iroscato proposed it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gospel I can get behind. no one 1 532 December 16, 2023 at 5:42 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 1109 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  I went to the wrong kind of school. onlinebiker 5 546 April 20, 2022 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Can't get the link to work here but. Brian37 21 1756 July 29, 2021 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: no one
  Any of you attend a Christian University/high school. What were your thoughts? Atomic Lava 19 2690 November 20, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Atomic Lava
  Excell high school fake or not fake viocjit 13 1827 February 4, 2019 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: viocjit
  Having such a hard time in High School right now Distheist 7 1273 March 24, 2018 at 1:54 am
Last Post: Silver
  I'll need some help with this. notimportant1234 26 2287 March 10, 2018 at 8:03 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I Need Some Help BrianSoddingBoru4 7 1340 March 1, 2018 at 10:57 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Help Hammy Get to 130 Rep Edwardo Piet 5 847 September 27, 2017 at 11:20 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet