Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'll need some help with this.
I'll need some help with this.
I can't find a proper word for this. Personally I don't believe in soul mates, it seems to dull to me and it can be very hard to get out of a relationship with the ideea of a ' soul mate' , I mean you would have to consider that your ex may have been the one and this kimd of thinking could make you act stupid.
What I do consider to be true is compatible personallitys or complementary, a concept wich gives  you more space and gives every relationship something unique.

My problem is that I can't find a proper wording for this , something more poetic. Do you have any ideeas ?
RE: I'll need some help with this.
Main squeeze ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Life partner?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
It could work if I'm speaking about a future wife. But I'm thinking about something to replace " compatible personalitys" and also to be similar with it, it could be replaced with akin thinking but I'm trying to find something better.
Anne of Green Gables called it “kindred spirits”.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
(March 9, 2018 at 10:23 am)J a c k Wrote: Anne of Green Gables called it “kindred spirits”.

Definetly the kind of wording I was looking for. Thanks.
I also don't believe in soul mates mainly because I don't believe we have souls or that they could be connected but I kinda like true love when thinking sappy because it's not "one" true love it's just real love.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
(March 9, 2018 at 10:28 am)mlmooney89 Wrote: I also don't believe in soul mates mainly because I don't believe we have souls or that they could be connected but I kinda like true love when thinking sappy because it's not "one" true love it's just real love.

Even if I considered it to be a metaphor to a predestined person whic you will end up with I don't find it appealing, quite a cynical ideea. I think people came with this ideea because of proximity, the person one calls a soul mate now will be that until the next person pops up.
I do believe in true love, but I don't think it is limited and can be only experienced with just one special person, every interaction is unique .
(March 9, 2018 at 9:54 am)notimportant1234 Wrote: I can't find a proper word for this. Personally I don't believe in soul mates, it seems to dull to me and it can be very hard to get out of a relationship with the ideea of a ' soul mate' , I mean you would have to consider that your ex may have been the one and this kimd of thinking could make you act stupid.
What I do consider to be true is compatible personallitys or complementary, a concept wich gives  you more space and gives every relationship something unique.

My problem is that I can't find a proper wording for this , something more poetic. Do you have any ideeas ?

The reality is that there is no utopia. Some couples get along better than others, some relationships last longer than others. I had a great relationship with my x wife, but even with that, people can and do eventually grow apart and there does not have to be any blame.

It is what works and is healthy. Not sexy, but far better than chasing a Shakespeare play. 

Healthy relationships are one of consent, and when differences come up, and they always will, even in the best of relationships, it becomes about listening, without accusing, and problem solving together.
(March 9, 2018 at 10:38 am)notimportant1234 Wrote:
(March 9, 2018 at 10:28 am)mlmooney89 Wrote: I also don't believe in soul mates mainly because I don't believe we have souls or that they could be connected but I kinda like true love when thinking sappy because it's not "one" true love it's just real love.

Even if I considered it to be a metaphor to a predestined person whic you will end up with I don't find it appealing, quite a cynical ideea. I think people came with this ideea because of proximity, the person one calls a soul mate now will be that until the next person pops up.
I do believe in true love, but I don't think it is limited and can be only experienced with just one special person, every interaction is unique .

I don't think I explained it right because you seem to be taking it as I said one person can only be your true love. I said it's NOT "One" meaning I don't think it's specific to a person. I just think that when you love someone like that it is true love but you can have true love with more than one person. I like kindred spirits but to me that is for any kind of relationship not specific to being "in love" like my bff and I are kindred spirits because we are so much alike and I understand her. My husband and I are very much alike in a lot of ways and I know I have never been in love with anyone else like I am with him. I don't think we are connected in anyway I just think we work really well together and we truly are in love. Hence the true love. If he dies though I'm not going to say I will never love again though. I feel awful for saying it but I'm sure there could be someone out there that I could be in just as deep of love with.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 801 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  Computer repair workshop customers I need your help purplepurpose 12 1119 March 18, 2019 at 9:33 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I Need Some Help BrianSoddingBoru4 7 1178 March 1, 2018 at 10:57 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  I need some good first date questions Seraphina 86 10370 October 5, 2017 at 7:02 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  I need to blow off some steam NuclearEnergy 9 1182 June 26, 2017 at 11:30 pm
Last Post: J a c k
  Need some help with my contribution to a Tapas menu. Whateverist 17 2247 December 11, 2016 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  I need help!! SofaKingHigh 12 1321 November 9, 2016 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Can I get some help with school Heat 48 8069 December 21, 2015 at 6:29 am
Last Post: Alex K
  I need some help InsomniacMike486 4 1016 August 6, 2015 at 7:53 am
Last Post: brewer
  Some people need weed. Lemonvariable72 29 4275 July 6, 2015 at 9:19 am
Last Post: Razzle