Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 28, 2024, 5:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SURVIVOR
RE: SURVIVOR
It really was. Not just because the guy I picked in one of the earliest episodes won, either. Very competitive, and for the most part, the players kept the game from getting nasty - at least as much so as is probably possible.
Yeah Jeremy flat out won that game. What are the components of winning Survivor?

• Physicality: Contribute to wins in challenges, tribal immunities and then individual immunities. Jeremy B+

• Social game: form bonds find a balance between being strategic and genuine. Jeremy B+

• Strategic game: make good choices in alliances, votes and chance taking. Jeremy A-

• Verbal game: especially as regards pleading your case for the million. Jeremy A+++

He just nailed that last one. So genuine and positively motivated.
Yeah, I was totally wrong about a woman winning the season. But if Kelley had gotten to the end I think she would have given Jeremy a run for his money and maybe won
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
I preferred Spencer to win. He really seemed like the one who played the smartest. I think Jeremy and a few others played extremely hard and that made for a great season, but strategically I think Spencer had it. Also physically. Jeremy usually disappointed in challenges. Spencer turned out to be a beast. Jeremy just won that last big one and that gave him extra points. And I'm not a huge fan of outside lives affecting the way the jury votes. Come on, this is about WHO PLAYED BEST, not about who needs charity the most. That should not factor in at all. Then again, a smart player will use it. But I think in general Jeremy played decently with his head but a bit more with his heart. Kimmi had him totally duped, but Spencer and Tasha, being the amazing players they are, saw through her. And I do think that without Spencer and Tasha, Jeremy would not have made it nearly as far. He is an okay winner, but I do think that jury was kind of bitter and they irrationally hated on Spencer for some reason. I think we might be about to go back to the Survivor Dark Ages where players decide that they are going to play the game based on honor and feelings and shit. Next season some goat is going to win because the jury will be mad that someone got to the end by actually playing people.

Other stuff:

-That tribal council was pretty amazing. Although I really wish Keith hadn't ruined the moment by volunteering to quit the game.

-Keith was a dumbass again for not pretending he had an idol. But ya gotta love him I guess.

-Andrew Savage is a fucking baby. Anyone see his Ponderosa videos? He sits around that house and just whines about stuff. No wonder his questions wound up being about how hurt he was that the other guys acted "arrogant". That's all he really sees.

-Kimmi got bitchsmacked by Jeremy like no other. She was all pissed off, and he was like "bitch, you lied to me and you know it so go sit your ass down" and she was like "yeah... okay."

-Why did Abi writes notes to ask one simple question lol? And that smirk Jeff kept giving her was awkward as hell.

-Kass was awkward.

-Vytas wasn't at the reunion show. That bum. I miss the days when Jeff would address everyone who played, if only briefly. The reunion show is ruined by excessive commercial breaks anyway. It must be like 20 minutes long.
(December 17, 2015 at 9:06 pm)Clueless Morgan Wrote: Yeah, I was totally wrong about a woman winning the season.  But if Kelley had gotten to the end I think she would have given Jeremy a run for his money and maybe won

Yeah, pretty sure you're right. She rubbed me the wrong way, and I'm not sure why.
^Same here. Couldn't stand her.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Lol, more Kelley hate Tongue

I agree in general that there were aspects of her personality that I didn't enjoy but I thought she played a winning game had she gotten to the end.

I thought Spence played a winning game, too. The only one in the final 4 whom I didn't think had a chance was Tasha. I thought she had a weak game (from what we saw) and a weak jury performance.

I'm not upset that Jeremy won but I didn't think his game was worthy of a blow out vote. And it's not like I would have voted for him because I would have wanted to validate his personal emotional growth, I thought he played a more strategic and more aware game than Jeremy. Jeremy was totally dupe by kimmi but spence and Tasha saw through her. And spence, too, was able to dupe Jeremy (and Tasha) at the Stephen vote.

I do think Jeremy's personal story combined with a bitter jury combined to give him the blow out win.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
Interesting that everyone views the jury as bitter when they themselves, at least many of them, said in their Ponderosas how this jury would be motivated to be objective about merit and not hold grudges.
Well, the thing is, it's difficult to predict what criteria the jury is going to use to cast their votes.

Clearly Spencer played a very good game, perhaps better by some measures than Jeremy. However, how well the player is liked by the jury certainly plays into the social aspect of the game.
(December 18, 2015 at 1:00 pm)Clueless Morgan Wrote: Lol, more Kelley hate Tongue

I agree in general that there were aspects of her personality that I didn't enjoy but I thought she played a winning game had she gotten to the end.

Sure, *if* the jury is willing to look past those unenjoyable aspects of her personality.

Remember back in the Samoa and Heroes v. Villains seasons - Russel Hantz made it to the end on superior strategy, but lost in both cases to coattail riders because he is just not a very likable person. On the other hand, the season where Boston Rob won - there wasn't a single member of the Boston Rob fan club on the jury, but despite that, he won handily.

You just never know what the jury is going to value.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SURVIVOR 35: HHH Clueless Morgan 65 8397 December 23, 2017 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  Which is the best survivor season? ErGingerbreadMandude 4 1173 October 22, 2017 at 9:34 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  SURVIVOR: Game Changers Clueless Morgan 83 12458 May 30, 2017 at 7:28 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  Hey Ho's, anyone else watching Survivor this season: GenX'ers vs Millennials Whateverist 3 1402 December 2, 2016 at 12:15 am
Last Post: Aegon
  SURVIVOR: Millennials vs. Gen X c172 5 831 September 26, 2016 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: Aegon