Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 7, 2024, 6:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What the bible says Hell is like
RE: What the bible says Hell is like
(December 19, 2015 at 4:37 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote:
(December 19, 2015 at 1:07 am)dyresand Wrote: OT - There is no hell

NT - There is hell

Reality - we just fucking die and we don't know if there is anything after death or even was before life but, there could be.
I read an interesting article about brine shrimp.  They can exist for over 10,000 years.  They are neither "dead" nor are they "alive" when they enter "death" and cease "living."  They don't decay.  When they are immersed in water after 10,000 years they are "resurrected" and return to full life.  Some were found buried in salt deposits that were determined to be over 10,000 years old.  

Humans aren't brine shrimp. When we die it's permanent.

Or... maybe Jesus was a brine shrimp.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
(October 7, 2015 at 11:45 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote:
(October 7, 2015 at 11:37 pm)dyresand Wrote: fire enough and burning enough said it's not even scary. The fact is burning forever after awhile everyone would just get used to being tormented  
so yeah it wouldn't matter. Go to heaven with "him" or keep my free will and stay in hell yeah i pick B if there is C meaning none of that id pick that as well.

You don't lose your free will if you go to heaven.
Given the choice between burning forever or living in peace forever, I think the sane person would choose the latter.
Depends if going to heaven means I will have to meet back up with my parents...I would rather burn forever
(December 17, 2015 at 3:12 am)Godschild Wrote:
(December 16, 2015 at 12:52 am)Cecelia Wrote: If this were the case, then Christianity wouldn't need to spread itself.  You wouldn't have to have churches, or the bible.  Yet funny enough... you don't hear about someone living in a remote village proclaiming Christ to be the savior of all mankind.  So I'm going to say Bullshit.  No surprise, since it comes from a book that was written by dessert dwellers who worshiped an invented sociopath.

You need to re-read what Snowtracks stated. Next you should learn more about the history of the Israelites and then the history of the Bible, especially before making such unfounded statements. I just stopped in for a few minutes to see what was up and probably want be back soon enough to answer any replies sorry, still busy with my project it's been a challenge.

GC

You should read some actual history (HINT: it's not in the bible). Even if you were correct on the history, which you are not by any historical standards, then it still would not legitimize your evil threats of hellfire against anyone who dismisses your cruel and vile bullshit for what it is.
Mr. Hanky loves you!
(December 15, 2015 at 11:44 pm)Homeless Nutter Wrote:
(December 15, 2015 at 11:38 pm)snowtracks Wrote: Everyone believes in God's existence,* [...]

Sure - I believe in god's existence. He's sucking my d*ck as we speak. Quite a freaky little b*tch, that Jeezles of yours...
This would be an example of trending towards ‘Blasphemy’ (ref below*) which becomes the ‘Unpardonable Sin’ (can only be committed at the time of physical death and results in spiritual death.). Remember, immediately after the 1000 year earthly kingdom reign of Christ, this universe will destroyed and there will be a new creation of heaven and earth that will be permanently sealed of from evil and sin. That would mean that Hell would be in another dimension (or it’s equivalent, and probably is not yet created). Man is a spiritual being (the meaning of made in God’s image) and as such has eternal existence; aka, angels who watch as God laid the foundation of the earth some 4.5 billion years ago. Salvation on the other hand results in a person losing their old corrupted sinful nature at time of death.

Ref*
Blasphemy:* When trending in this direction, there is an ongoing animosity towards God (here again, maybe some trepid steps towards salvation’s direction but not enough to change the downward trend). “
Salvation: When trending in this direction, the person is coming to an understanding of what’s required to inherit ‘eternal life’. That person recognizes what God requires (repentance, acceptance of God’s forgiveness, and surrender to God’s authority).
Atheist Credo: A universe by chance that also just happened to admit the observer by chance.
(December 16, 2015 at 12:48 am)KevinM1 Wrote: No matter how many times theists assert otherwise, I don't believe in any god.  And, frankly, those that cannot understand and/or accept that I don't believe in the existence of such a creature while insisting I'm an atheist because I'm angry at god or want to live a sinful lifestyle or whatever are being incredibly insulting.

So, go fuck yourself, snowtracks.
Man's moral fallen state is deceitful in its apprehensions of things.*

*Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
Atheist Credo: A universe by chance that also just happened to admit the observer by chance.
(December 19, 2015 at 4:41 pm)snowtracks Wrote:
(December 16, 2015 at 12:48 am)KevinM1 Wrote: No matter how many times theists assert otherwise, I don't believe in any god.  And, frankly, those that cannot understand and/or accept that I don't believe in the existence of such a creature while insisting I'm an atheist because I'm angry at god or want to live a sinful lifestyle or whatever are being incredibly insulting.

*Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
I thought the heart was a blood pumping organ above all things,
how silly of me
I'm confused, Oh wait maybe I'm not
It's so cute how Christians quote the bible, and then expect us to accept it at face value. I mean absolutely adorable.

You might as well be quoting Harry Potter or A Song of Fire and Ice. They have just as much credibility.

Yours more so than others.

(December 19, 2015 at 5:19 pm)Cecelia Wrote: It's so cute how Christians quote the bible, and then expect us to accept it at face value.  I mean absolutely adorable.

You might as well be quoting Harry Potter or A Song of Fire and Ice.  They have just as much credibility.

Both are wonderfully effective at pointing out the evil which is wrought on society by people with their holy books and their doctrines. I see them as far better works for us to live by on account of that.
Mr. Hanky loves you!

[Image: cool_story_bro.jpg]
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
(December 19, 2015 at 5:19 pm)Cecelia Wrote: It's so cute how Christians quote the bible, and then expect us to accept it at face value. I mean absolutely adorable.

You might as well be quoting Harry Potter or A Song of Fire and Ice. They have just as much credibility.

A Song of Ice and Fire, heretic.

May you burn in the fires of R'hllor, the one true god.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two verses on hell from the bible purplepurpose 7 687 June 15, 2023 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44971 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Who goes to hell - as far as those pious Bible Christians are concerned? Dundee 71 7248 June 14, 2020 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  The Bible Says So YahwehIsTheWay 24 3595 December 7, 2018 at 5:05 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  World ending on April 23rd, says false prophet Divinity 41 8788 April 27, 2018 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Pope says in interview that there is no hell. downbeatplumb 56 10251 April 16, 2018 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Tell All Book Says Pat Robertson Full of Shit Minimalist 12 3596 September 29, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Atheist73
  Who Says Godscreated 153 36344 September 15, 2017 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Do I sound like the "devil" to you? My mother thinks I speak like the devil... ReptilianPeon 60 9663 July 6, 2016 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Billy Graham's Daughter says transgender people responsible for 9/11 Aroura 23 5062 May 15, 2016 at 7:02 am
Last Post: abaris