Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2024, 12:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
street epistemology
RE: street epistemology
(December 24, 2015 at 3:19 pm)Delicate Wrote:
(December 24, 2015 at 9:26 am)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote:

Quote:You refuse to say that dragons are imaginary.
Correct. Because I don't have enough evidence to conclusively justify that claim as true across the history of biological life.

And by the way, I don't take it that all alleged dragons can fly. Historical depictions of dragons are quite diverse. Your reasoning here fails because it applies only to dragons that are said to fly. Or breathe fire. Or have six legs. What about watersnake-type dragons? Or dragons that don't breathe fire? Or the ones that don't have six legs? Or dragons with none of these features that yet fall under the category of dragon.

The fact is, no evidence rules them out. So the fact is, while the evidence suggests they are implausible, it doesn't suggest they don't exist.

Facts make someone a theist. Fiction makes you make you an agnostic atheist.
ROFLOL
Like the "facts" contained in the offensive book of fairy tales otherwise known as the Wholly Babble?  Now that's FUNNY, right there.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
(December 24, 2015 at 7:38 pm)Delicate Wrote:
(December 24, 2015 at 7:29 pm)Simon Moon Wrote: Either way.

It is still up to you to provide your evidence, then we'll assess it to determine if it is: demonstrable, repeatable, falsifiable and stands up to reasoned argument, and is logically valid and sound. 

I'm not about to guess what evidence you claim to have, then dismiss it as not being convincing without first examining it.

Please, open a thread, present your evidence so it can be assessed.

If it's up to me to provide evidence, and I haven't, then your atheism isn't based on analyzing and debunking any evidence, is it?

Your atheism can only be based on blind incompetence, as you admit.

If this is your way of admitting you haven't presented any evidence, I won't argue with it.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(December 24, 2015 at 3:22 pm)Delicate Wrote:
(December 24, 2015 at 2:20 pm)Simon Moon Wrote: Yes, you continue to make that assertion, yet, you have been asked many times to open a thread and present your evidence. Aren't  you obligated under Peter 3:15 to do that? Or am I misunderstanding Christianity?

If you have done that already and I missed it, please point me to it. 

Other than that, all I can see is you making one unsupported assertion after another.

The burden of proof is on the atheist who claims to have assessed the evidence and have good reasons to reject putative evidence, to provide their reasons.

Otherwise they are charlatans.

The burden of proof is upon the person making the claim.  By attacking our stance that we do not see enough evidence to cause us to believe in a deity, you are claiming the existence of said deity.   Therefore, the burden of proof requires that you provide the evidence that you claim to have, which (according to you) we either cannot see or have foolishly dismissed.  The only evidence that most atheists will accept is quantitative, verifiable, empirical scientific data.  If you have that data, then provide it.   If you cannot provide it, and keep posting deflections and strawmen and insults and non sequiturs . . . then we should all stop responding, because you have already proven that you are a lying troll.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
Delicate is playing the ever tiring game of pretending to have evidence. After all, personal experience is not evidence. Too many people make personal claims in regards to all sorts of things, and we are supposed to believe those claims despite the lack of evidence. Stupid ignorant twats.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(December 24, 2015 at 10:41 pm)Kitan Wrote: Delicate is playing the ever tiring game of pretending to have evidence.  After all, personal experience is not evidence.  Too many people make personal claims in regards to all sorts of things, and we are supposed to believe those claims despite the lack of evidence.  Stupid ignorant twats.

Exactly, Kitan.  We have told Delicate - how many? - times that we need empirical evidence for the existence of a deity - - which is the very basis of the OP and nearly every other post Delicate has made.  It is the very basis of the attack . . . saying that there is evidence for god, but we are just too (stupid, ignorant, deluded, misled, incompetent, and a dozen other insults that have been thrown our way) to see and acknowledge it.  
   We say, fine.  Provide your evidence.  However, it has to be quantifiable and qualitative scientific evidence.

No evidence arrives.   Just more attacks.   Which means that Delicate is playing a troll/Poe game and has proven hundreds of times that the evidence we are being attacked for not accepting doesn't exist at all.  Delicate can't provide one sentence, one link to anything, that will prove the OP.  

We might just have to agree to ignore the idiot troll at this point.  I have some celebrating to do tomorrow, and I think I'll celebrate not responding to this stuck up, holier-than-thou, disrespectful, ego-theistical moron any more.
(December 24, 2015 at 10:38 pm)drfuzzy Wrote:
(December 24, 2015 at 3:22 pm)Delicate Wrote: The burden of proof is on the atheist who claims to have assessed the evidence and have good reasons to reject putative evidence, to provide their reasons.

Otherwise they are charlatans.

The burden of proof is upon the person making the claim.

Hence if you claim you've seen no evidence for theism you have to substantiate it.

So simple. Why u no understand?
(December 25, 2015 at 3:50 am)Delicate Wrote:
(December 24, 2015 at 10:38 pm)drfuzzy Wrote: The burden of proof is upon the person making the claim.

Hence if you claim you've seen no evidence for theism you have to substantiate it.

How exactly does one substantiate that they've seen nothing, genius?

Anyway, it's existential claims that bear the burden of proof; other claims you have to argue for, and you haven't.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(December 25, 2015 at 3:50 am)Delicate Wrote: Hence if you claim you've seen no evidence for theism you have to substantiate it.

My darling idiot. Have you seen any evidence for the existence of anything?

Seriously, I am being honest.

Well, then stop fucking with me, you fucking retard.

Honestly, I am smarter than you.
~ Erin Hunter
(December 25, 2015 at 3:54 am)Kitan Wrote:
(December 25, 2015 at 3:50 am)Delicate Wrote: Hence if you claim you've seen no evidence for theism you have to substantiate it.

My darling idiot. Have you seen any evidence for the existence of anything?

You have to be kidding me with this bullshit.
(December 25, 2015 at 4:00 am)Delicate Wrote:
(December 25, 2015 at 3:54 am)Kitan Wrote: My darling idiot. Have you seen any evidence for the existence of anything?

You have to be kidding me with this bullshit.
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Street Epistemology - Practice curiosne 156 30409 January 23, 2018 at 8:55 am
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  Crazy atheists freaking out at street preachers ksona 13 3423 May 27, 2014 at 3:05 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Street Epistemology / Dr Peter Boghossian / A Manual For Creating Atheists mralstoner 0 1740 July 1, 2013 at 2:49 am
Last Post: mralstoner
  Religion New York Atheists Angry Over 'Heaven' Street Sign Honoring Sept. 11 Victims? MilesTailsPrower 4 3139 June 23, 2011 at 11:24 am
Last Post: Anymouse