Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 14, 2024, 6:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TWD Season 6
RE: TWD Season 6
I'm still watching it, mainly because there's nothing else left to watch, but I've got to say, out of all the popular tv-shows this one is the worst. Bad writing, bad characters, bad everything. Especially bad decision making from higher up, ever since they fired Darabont. It had it's appeal with some of its components, but not enough to make up for the disaster that is the rest.
I'm still excited over FTWD though. That show is actually good, strangely enough - at least compared to this one. It's like taking an aspirin after the TWD headache. Sure, you wouldn't need it if you didn't have a headache to begin with, but alas.
Okay, watched last night:

(1) Daryl, Sasha and Abraham didn't get back for this episode?!? WTF?

(2) I so don't care about Deanna's plans for crop-planting. If you want to show her making plans for "what this place could be" don't show her only drawing a schematic of where to plant the barley and where to plant the soy beans.

(3) Kinda glad Deanna got bit.

(4) Older son of future Mrs. Rick (I still can't remember his name) is a little shit. I haven't ever been a big fan of Karl's, but he's starting to win me over dealing with this kid.

(5) Younger son of future Mrs. Rick, Sam, needs to keep his stupid mouth shut!

(6) I kind want both those kids to die.

(7) Morgan is going to get people killed. I don't think I was fully on board with Carol (she looked a little unhinged), but Morgan keeping the wolf's presence a secret contributed to him being able to get away.

(8) FINALLY we get a recurrence of the zombie-guts-cloaks! When it comes to dealing with the walkers, the group has two known effective tactics for maneuvering around them: wear their guts, or make themselves armless, jawless travel-buddies. It baffles me that these two tactics aren't used more often.

Overall, pretty okay episode. Wasn't overly wow'd by it but I enjoyed it.

I need to binge-watch the first half of this season now... Big Grin
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
They actually showed a sneak peak of the mid-season premiere at the end of the episode, with Daryl, Sasha, and Abraham. I didn't catch it until it re-aired at midnight.

(December 1, 2015 at 1:53 pm)Clueless Morgan Wrote: Okay, watched last night:

(4) Older son of future Mrs. Rick (I still can't remember his name) is a little shit.  I haven't ever been a big fan of Karl's, but he's starting to win me over dealing with this kid.

(5) Younger son of future Mrs. Rick, Sam, needs to keep his stupid mouth shut!

(6) I kind want both those kids to die.

(7) Morgan is going to get people killed.  I don't think I was fully on board with Carol (she looked a little unhinged), but Morgan keeping the wolf's presence a secret contributed to him being able to get away.

(8) FINALLY we get a recurrence of the zombie-guts-cloaks!  When it comes to dealing with the walkers, the group has two known effective tactics for maneuvering around them: wear their guts, or make themselves armless, jawless travel-buddies.  It baffles me that these two tactics aren't used more often.

Overall, pretty okay episode.  Wasn't overly wow'd by it but I enjoyed it.

I need to binge-watch the first half of this season now... Big Grin
I agree with all these.

Those two kids can get eaten alive for all I care. The older son is one of those characters I'll gladly watch get ripped apart (and I hate the gory bits usually) and I want to put a brick through that creepy annoying younger son's face. I can see the younger son becoming another Lizzie actually, you can tell his brain is only half there.

I think Morgan is way more mentally un-hinged than Carol. Carol was just shaken up after the Wolf attack and after her head injury, Morgan is the one who insisted on keeping that guy there and now Miss Thing, the lesbian doctor, is his captive. Nice going Morgan. Like what did he think was going to happen? I doubt the Wolves would care that they have a captive, they're too savage.

I still don't trust that Reverend, but it was nice seeing him doing something active this season.

Michonne slayness as ever. If she or Carol die I will stop watching in protest.

I've slowly caught up on season 6 this week, and it's definitely holding my interest better than the last two seasons did. I'd be surprised if there are no deaths next episode, given the state they're in.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

i just finished the first 4 seasons, i'm gonna catch up pretty soon Smile
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
(December 5, 2015 at 5:38 am)Yeauxleaux Wrote: I still don't trust that Reverend, but it was nice seeing him doing something active this season.

He's another one I'd gladly watch get eaten alive. He comes off as unhinged in a different way than Morgan is, and, just like Morgan, he seems like he's going to get more people killed than it's worth to keep him around.

I feel kind of like he's the new Eugene - whereas Eugene is now sort of the up-and-coming season 1-2 Carl, still kind of helpless but is learning. Gabriel is just useless.

Glenn was never Walker Bait; Gabriel is.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
(January 15, 2016 at 1:15 am)Marsellus Wallace Wrote: i just finished the first 4 seasons, i'm gonna catch up pretty soon Smile

Post what you've thought of the show once you're all caught up! I'd be interested in hearing your take Smile
I find Eugene perversely likeable tbh. He has every ingredient a shit and hateable character has, but something about him just entertains me. I am glad to see him finally doing some ass-kicking though.

I don't understand Michonne's logic about not using amputated zombies as cover again. "I was in a dark place then", yes but the shit worked. If it works it works. Don't be a fool woman, stupidity is out of character for you.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

I had to stop watching the series when michonne or whatever he name is killed about 2 or 3 armed guys just using a sword then managed to run away from 2 other armed people who were just stood there.

That's just Star Wars bullshit. Her character must have been written into the script by a 9 year old, she's jaja binks with swords.

Il give a more realistic scenario. Even if she managed to remain hidden in the trees, she might then be able to jump down and kill one person it's possible, but then she gets gunned down instantly by the men surrounding her.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The end of TWD Foxaèr 14 1419 January 29, 2023 at 3:38 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Eight years later, 'Dexter' is returning for a ninth season Foxaèr 28 3325 November 25, 2022 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Uberpod
  Pern, Season One. Gawdzilla Sama 11 667 September 7, 2018 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Anyone else watching season 2 of Legion? The Industrial Atheist 2 493 April 16, 2018 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  The X-Files season 11 Foxaèr 12 1015 March 12, 2018 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  TWD S08 Foxaèr 12 1791 December 11, 2017 at 12:39 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The Walking Dead, Season 7-*SPOILERS ABOUND* Athene 120 12566 May 6, 2017 at 2:19 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Rick and Morty: Season 3 premiered Autumnlicious 10 1996 April 6, 2017 at 2:11 am
Last Post: AceBoogie
  TWD Season 7 Foxaèr 1 565 October 23, 2016 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  GoT Season 6 Foxaèr 1 589 April 23, 2016 at 2:45 am
Last Post: Excited Penguin