Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 2, 2024, 2:39 pm

Poll: Are you an antitheist?
This poll is closed.
Yes
52.78%
19 52.78%
No
47.22%
17 47.22%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Antitheism
RE: Antitheism
(February 2, 2016 at 9:28 pm)SnakeOilWarrior Wrote:
(February 2, 2016 at 9:26 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: Yes, it is, if it's religious views we're talking about. Could you stop swearing?

If it's made against the rules, I will. Until then, fuck you.

And, again, QUIT SPEAKING FOR ME. You don't know me. You know nothing about me. The arrogance you exude when you speak for others is truly sickening. And, it makes you an asshole.

I only know about you what you've said yourself so far. And that makes me think you're an antitheist. How am I being arrogant here, exactly?
(February 2, 2016 at 9:07 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: I never assume what the other person thinks and I never commit ad hominems against them looking for public approval. I always address the argument first. I engage in rational conversation. A lot of people here, including you, start attacking, smearing and misrepresenting me in the middle of the conversation, instead of continuing to have a discussion.

If I've ever attacked you or smeared at you (I don't think I have) you've definitely done it far worse to me.
(February 2, 2016 at 9:30 pm)Evie Wrote:
(February 2, 2016 at 9:07 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: I never assume what the other person thinks and I never commit ad hominems against them looking for public approval. I always address the argument first. I engage in rational conversation. A lot of people here, including you, start attacking, smearing and misrepresenting me in the middle of the conversation, instead of continuing to have a discussion.

If I've ever attacked you or smeared at you (I don't think I have) you've definitely done it far worse to me.

Let's simply agree to stop doing it from this point forward, what do you say?

Would you also agree to remaining civil and not getting personal?
(February 2, 2016 at 9:28 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote:
(February 2, 2016 at 9:26 pm)SnakeOilWarrior Wrote: Yes, you do. And worse, you presume to speak for others.

Pointing out that you fit a certain label is not exactly speaking for you. It's more of a disagreement concerning what a certain word means.

Once again, chucklefuck:
antitheist:
noun
one opposed to belief in the existence of a god

I have clearly stated that I am not against the belief in the existence of god. I am against forcing those beliefs (or any other belief, religious or secular) on others. You, however, keep insisting I meet a definition that I clearly do not.

Get bent, asshole.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(February 2, 2016 at 9:35 pm)SnakeOilWarrior Wrote:
(February 2, 2016 at 9:28 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: Pointing out that you fit a certain label is not exactly speaking for you. It's more of a disagreement concerning what a certain word means.

Once again, chucklefuck:
antitheist:
noun

I have clearly stated that I am not against the belief in the existence of god. I am against forcing those beliefs (or any other belief, religious or secular) on others. You, however, keep insisting I meet a definition that I clearly do not.

Get bent, asshole.

I won't engage you any further if you continue to use that kind of language/attitude.
(February 2, 2016 at 9:31 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote:
(February 2, 2016 at 9:30 pm)Evie Wrote: If I've ever attacked you or smeared at you (I don't think I have) you've definitely done it far worse to me.

Let's simply agree to stop doing it from this point forward, what do you say?

Until you start getting personal with other people whom I care about, yes.
(February 2, 2016 at 9:41 pm)Evie Wrote:
(February 2, 2016 at 9:31 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: Let's simply agree to stop doing it from this point forward, what do you say?

Until you start getting personal with other people whom I care about, yes.

If I do, point it out rather than doing the same mistake.
(February 2, 2016 at 9:39 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote:
(February 2, 2016 at 9:35 pm)SnakeOilWarrior Wrote: Once again, chucklefuck:
antitheist:
noun

Get bent, asshole.

I won't engage you any further if you continue to use that kind of language/attitude.

What? Can't find a way to twist my words to fit your pre-conceived notion that all atheists are also antitheists?

You're complaining about my attitude. What a fucking little shrinking violet you are. If the heat's too much, get out of the kitchen. Or, better yet, rage quit again. There's still no one that will miss you.
(February 2, 2016 at 9:45 pm)SnakeOilWarrior Wrote:
(February 2, 2016 at 9:39 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: I won't engage you any further if you continue to use that kind of language/attitude.

What? Can't find a way to twist my words to fit your pre-conceived notion that all atheists are also antitheists?

You're complaining about my attitude. What a fucking little shrinking violet you are. If the heat's too much, get out of the kitchen. Or, better yet, rage quit again. There's still no one that will miss you.

If you're only concerned with religion to the extent that it only affects you, then you are ignorant as to the extent it actually affects you, self-absorbed and you lack empathy.
(February 2, 2016 at 9:53 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote:
(February 2, 2016 at 9:45 pm)SnakeOilWarrior Wrote: What? Can't find a way to twist my words to fit your pre-conceived notion that all atheists are also antitheists?

If you're only concerned with religion to the extent that it only affects you, then you are ignorant as to the extent it actually affects you, self-absorbed and you lack empathy.

More arrogant presumption on your part. Again, you don't know me or know anything about me, yet you insist on labeling me in whatever way best fits your pre-conceived notions of atheism. Fuck you, EP. You are a boil on the ass of humanity.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12866 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  Antitheism Werewolff 21 4778 March 11, 2012 at 7:52 pm
Last Post: NoMoreFaith