Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 12:55 pm

Poll: Are you an antitheist?
This poll is closed.
Yes
52.78%
19 52.78%
No
47.22%
17 47.22%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Antitheism
RE: Antitheism
(February 3, 2016 at 5:28 am)Excited Penguin Wrote: Without the religious institutions and observances, the belief in the gods wouldn't make any sense.

Which came first, in your mind?

(February 3, 2016 at 5:32 am)Excited Penguin Wrote:
(February 3, 2016 at 5:24 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I think EP is drunk.  His quoting pattern has changed.  He isn't directly quoting anyone, simply cutting and pasting instead of using the quote button.  This has the added benefit, from his standpoint, of not presenting an alert on the quoted person's page, so that they might not know they have an answer from him.

Or maybe he just likes it that way, for whatever reason ... ?   [Image: 2rfca47_th.jpg]

ETA: ninja'ed by Evie

I use the reply button and then quote what I want to reply to. I rarely ever use the quote button, and only when I wish to quote multiple posts at once.
I'm not exactly sure what you're objecting to here(or why).

We were both just referring to you completely fucking up your post, that's all.

It's okay I don't think either of us expected you to notice yourself leaving penguin shit everywhere.
(February 3, 2016 at 5:35 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(February 3, 2016 at 5:28 am)Excited Penguin Wrote: Without the religious institutions and observances, the belief in the gods wouldn't make any sense.

Which came first, in your mind?

Ooh! Ooh! I know!

* Edwardo Piet puts hand up

The egg right?

Lol. Joke.

The turtle.

Turtle before mayo.
(February 3, 2016 at 5:32 am)Excited Penguin Wrote:
(February 3, 2016 at 5:24 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I think EP is drunk.  His quoting pattern has changed.  He isn't directly quoting anyone, simply cutting and pasting instead of using the quote button.  This has the added benefit, from his standpoint, of not presenting an alert on the quoted person's page, so that they might not know they have an answer from him.

Or maybe he just likes it that way, for whatever reason ... ?   [Image: 2rfca47_th.jpg]

ETA: ninja'ed by Evie

I use the reply button and then quote what I want to reply to. I rarely ever use the quote button, and only when I wish to quote multiple posts at once.
I'm not exactly sure what you're objecting to here(or why).

I'm not objecting to anything, as anyone who can read the English language is able to see.

I was pointing out an obvious change in your posting pattern. Also, if you use the "Reply" button to one of my posts, it alerts me once you've posted. By using the "Hide" tags, you're circumventing that alert, either consciously or because you're not bright enough to understand how the software works.

Why did you see that as an "objection"? What does that say about you, that you see it as such?

(February 3, 2016 at 5:01 am)Evie Wrote:

Please be more explicit in your actual arguments and separate them from the attacks. As it is, I didn't understand a thing. My point stands as it is.
I think his penguin poop patterns have changed because he shits funny when nervous. That explains his posting pattern fuck up.

He may be drunk, yeah. Perhaps. What do penguins drink though? What is there to ferment in Antarctica?
(February 3, 2016 at 5:38 am)Excited Penguin Wrote: As it is, I didn't understand a thing.
I'm shocked.

Quote:My point stands as it is.

Oh. So if you fail to understand something you assume your point stands? Excellent.

"I don't speak egotistical penguin therefore I assume I'm right" would be a fair way to debate you then?
Popcorn anyone?
Me, I think he's drunk.

(February 3, 2016 at 5:22 am)Excited Penguin Wrote:
(February 3, 2016 at 5:19 am)MTL Wrote: I guess that'll learn me to keep my mouth shut.

What? I won't do it without your permission. But good to know you are hostile towards me. I won't bother you any further.

I was actually starting to give you some credibility,
and then you started with all this crap about how Deism is a non-starter and God and Religion are the same thing.

I can easily conceive of the idea of a God, a creator of all things, who never spoke to mankind, never left stone tablets on a mountaintop, never impregnated any virgins, never whispered in any prophet's ear.

I can conceive of the possibility that such a being might truly exist....however unlikely that might be.

I can also conceive of the possibility that no such being exists, of course, as well.

That's why I'm Agnostic.

But REGARDLESS of whether a God exists or not,

I think EVERYTHING mankind has come up with, ABOUT God, is likely nonsense.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12663 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  Antitheism Werewolff 21 4732 March 11, 2012 at 7:52 pm
Last Post: NoMoreFaith