Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 6, 2024, 2:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why the USA is a disgrace
RE: Why the USA is a disgrace
(February 6, 2016 at 3:30 pm)Jello Wrote: Yeah. Both sides were brutal there. 
But then again, it's also where enormous shows of bravery happened. (Such as the men of the 12th German army, fighting right at the end of the war, to get people from Berlin to the Elbe, where they could surrender to the Americans, rather than die at the hands of the Russians. Saved at least 250,000 people, when two and a half million men were bearing down on berlin. Gotta say, they have my respect for that, as they were totally outgunned and outnumbered, but still fought to hold the corridor open.)

There's also Dönitz saying, he only prolonged the war by another week to get as many fugitives as possible to safety. But that's very much up for debate, since it's his own claim, not corroborated by anyone else. But truth is, the German navy did little else than shipping civilians west during the last days.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(February 6, 2016 at 3:40 pm)abaris Wrote:
(February 6, 2016 at 3:30 pm)Jello Wrote: Yeah. Both sides were brutal there. 
But then again, it's also where enormous shows of bravery happened. (Such as the men of the 12th German army, fighting right at the end of the war, to get people from Berlin to the Elbe, where they could surrender to the Americans, rather than die at the hands of the Russians. Saved at least 250,000 people, when two and a half million men were bearing down on berlin. Gotta say, they have my respect for that, as they were totally outgunned and outnumbered, but still fought to hold the corridor open.)

There's also Dönitz saying, he only prolonged the war by another week to get as many fugitives as possible to safety. But that's very much up for debate, since it's his own claim, not corroborated by anyone else. But truth is, the German navy did little else than shipping civilians west during the last days.

Yeah. At the end, for all of the military, it was just getting people out, and trying to slow the russian advance long enough to get as many as they could away safely.

There's also stories such as the Franz Stigler and charlie brown incident, in which instead of shooting down a totally ruined B-17 with an injured crew (They didn't even shoot at him when he pulled in close). He flew alongside it, as the fact that they hadn't opened fire was strange, and looking through a gigantic hole in it's fuselage, he saw the terrified crew staring back at him. So, he guided it back as far as he could effectively shielding it from AA fire (Germany had captured B-17s at this point, so a Bf-109 flying next to one basically meant that they wouldn't shoot it down), simply because he thought that it was just like shooting someone who had parachuted out, which his training officer had stated something along the lines of "If you shoot someone in a parachute, i'll shoot you". But when he'd gotten as far as he could, he gave a short salute, and that was it, he pulled away, and the crew was amazed that they were alive. Charlie brown and Franz met up after the war, and were apparently the best of friends till they eventually passed away.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. For if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes unto you."
America is a nice place and everything but I wouldn't ever want to live there.
I have yet to meet an American that doesn't take or hasn't taken some kind of anti depressant at some point in their life. So many mentally ill people and then they have unlimited guns = mass shootings. Why don't they just ban guns altogether? high Teen pregnencies and single moms. Socially accepted to leave children and husband/wife to pursue a hot life. High and expensive divorce rates. STD's. Expensive to live. Christians. Social engineering media. Serial killers. Asshole cops. Fake people with over inflated biceps and fake boobies. Women discouraged to be feminine. Profit first;citizen second kind of thinking. Diminishing quality in movies. Racial discrimination. Calls football soccer. No brainer family courts. Feminazis. Donald Trumph. Donald Trumph supporters. Spying on citizens. Labelling Snowden as a traitor. Bombings supposedly at terrorists and kills women and children in the process. Country run by corporate giants.
I love how you put "Christians" in the same category as serial killers, a**hole cops, and STD's. Jee, thanks.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(February 6, 2016 at 4:55 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I love how you put "Christians" in the same category as serial killers, a**hole cops, and STD's. Jee, thanks.

I would hope he means the asshole kind, (Y'know, the gay-hating, anti-science types, who go around deliberately ruining other peoples days by trying to force their beliefs on them.) 

Those ones do belong on that list, but nice christians are good. To me, at least.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. For if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes unto you."
(February 6, 2016 at 5:03 pm)Jello Wrote:
(February 6, 2016 at 4:55 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I love how you put "Christians" in the same category as serial killers, a**hole cops, and STD's. Jee, thanks.

I would hope he means the asshole kind, (Y'know, the gay-hating, anti-science types, who go around deliberately ruining other peoples days by trying to force their beliefs on them.) 

Those ones do belong on that list, but nice christians are good. To me, at least.

A**hole anything would belong on the list. If that's what he meant, he should have made that distinction.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
I personally liked the "Women discouraged to be feminine" bit.

I mean, it's inaccurate because technically women are encouraged to live their lives the way they want. Also, that's a *positive* thing.
I've never been discouraged to be feminine. I also don't belong in a list that includes serial killers and STD's.

-walsh
(February 6, 2016 at 4:33 pm)pool the great Wrote: America is a nice place and everything but I wouldn't ever want to live there.
I have yet to meet an American that doesn't take or hasn't taken some kind of anti depressant at some point in their life. So many mentally ill people and then they have unlimited guns = mass shootings. Why don't they just ban guns altogether? high Teen pregnencies and single moms. Socially accepted to leave children and husband/wife to pursue a hot life. High and expensive divorce rates. STD's. Expensive to live. Christians. Social engineering media. Serial killers. Asshole cops. Fake people with over inflated biceps and fake boobies. Women discouraged to be feminine. Profit first;citizen second kind of thinking. Diminishing quality in movies. Racial discrimination. Calls  football soccer. No brainer family courts. Feminazis. Donald Trumph. Donald Trumph supporters. Spying on citizens. Labelling Snowden as a traitor. Bombings supposedly at terrorists and kills women and children in the process. Country run by corporate giants.

Well, at least you've painted us with a brush that's marginally less wide than that wielded by Aractus.

Thanks? [Image: free-rolleye-smileys-323.gif]
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
We're discouraged from being feminine? I guess I missed that memo.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are restaurants (USA) known for not paying employees who quit/walk out? EgoDeath 6 996 October 29, 2018 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  USA Bible Belt mcolafson 14 1867 November 17, 2016 at 7:22 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Imperial system and USA rado84 20 3727 August 28, 2016 at 6:27 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Why <insert-country-name-here> is a disgrace! Tiberius 29 6249 February 6, 2016 at 11:12 pm
Last Post: Homeless Nutter
  WHy Australia Is A Disgrace BrianSoddingBoru4 5 1141 February 6, 2016 at 7:10 am
Last Post: Homeless Nutter
  Happy newyears from the east coast USA dyresand 6 1247 January 1, 2016 at 10:37 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Sex abuse: Denmark vs. USA Aractus 7 6661 October 13, 2015 at 4:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What is the origin of the names of the states in USA? rado84 15 2282 July 14, 2015 at 8:27 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  USA and Gun control TheMonster 50 5203 July 12, 2015 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  A message from The Queen of Britain to The USA Gooders1002 99 27746 November 18, 2012 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Ryantology