Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:31 pm

Poll: What should be done about US gun policy?
This poll is closed.
Reduce current restrictions, Allow more sophesticated weapons to be bought and sold
5.00%
3 5.00%
Get rid of background checks
1.67%
1 1.67%
Keep current policy
5.00%
3 5.00%
Bring in universal background checks
25.00%
15 25.00%
Introduce a gun registry, mandatory insurance and inspections
28.33%
17 28.33%
Ban Assault Rifles
15.00%
9 15.00%
Repossess certain types of guns from the public
11.67%
7 11.67%
Complete ban, including hunting rifles
8.33%
5 8.33%
Total 60 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USA and Gun control
USA and Gun control
What are your thoughts on US gun control policy? Should it be changed or stay the same? Why?
RE: USA and Gun control
I think we should replace all the real guns with water guns and hand out free waffles on the streets

But noooooooo. 'Reality'. -_-
I went for 4 and 5. Background checks with registry and insurance. Inspection would be difficult due to manpower alone. What is the intended purpose of the inspection? Make sure it is a gun?
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
I went with 4. I don't believe 5 is realistic except for the registry part.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
USA and Gun control
I voted for 1.

I want a phase plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.
(July 11, 2015 at 6:20 pm)IATIA Wrote: I went for 4 and 5.  Background checks with registry and insurance.  Inspection would be difficult due to manpower alone. What is the intended purpose of the inspection?  Make sure it is a gun?

We have gun inspections here.  The purposes include making your the guns you have are the ones you're meant to have, that they're in working order, and being stored properly.  People deemed unfit are denied firearms licensing.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Sounds reasonable. A small number of firearms are restricted in this manner here. Think belt fed, tripod mounted machine guns. We definitely need something like that for handguns here in the USA.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Well we know that prohibition doesn't work so how about we regulate guns based on what we know works through trial and error. I don't really see any other way that makes sense. 

At the end of the day whether owning guns is your "constitutional right" or not is irrelevant. All that matters is what the majority wants in your state/community.
Ban them all...

We can compromise from there.
(July 11, 2015 at 7:57 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Ban them all...

We can compromise from there.

Min, you're not going to solve anything proposing measures that make sense and save lives.  Fucking radical.  Smile

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Going to buy a gun onlinebiker 46 2402 October 17, 2021 at 10:32 am
Last Post: Spooky
  Gun Questions any one? Drich 75 3173 May 11, 2021 at 10:52 am
Last Post: Drich
  Are restaurants (USA) known for not paying employees who quit/walk out? EgoDeath 6 930 October 29, 2018 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  The only gun anyone should ever own Foxaèr 10 1609 May 20, 2018 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  A great way to control appetite. purplepurpose 4 1739 January 28, 2017 at 1:32 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  USA Bible Belt mcolafson 14 1779 November 17, 2016 at 7:22 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  What do you guys think of Chris Brown after he threatened a woman with a gun? Tarasoft11 47 6605 September 16, 2016 at 1:26 am
Last Post: KevinM1
  Imperial system and USA rado84 20 3580 August 28, 2016 at 6:27 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Control purplepurpose 28 2397 July 22, 2016 at 11:38 am
Last Post: Cyberman
Information Why the USA is a disgrace Aractus 356 33225 February 20, 2016 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: paulpablo