Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 9:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask a fat girl 2.0
RE: Ask a fat girl 2.0
(February 15, 2016 at 11:54 am)Nymphadora Wrote:
(February 15, 2016 at 12:33 am)Excited Penguin Wrote: Emphasis added
What words are you referring to, exactly?

Annnd here we go again. Stop. Just fucking stop. You do this in nearly every thread. Must you continuously feel the need to fuck up other people's threads in this manner?

You know "exactly" what words she is referring to, so stop playing the "I need clarification because I'm stupid" game. Your narcissistic bullshit is, once again, grating on people's nerves here.
I disagree. I don't know what she's referring to, otherwise I wouldn't ask. I don't think I put any words in her mouth at all, I thought I'd presented what she said fairly accurately prior to dismissing it as an empty claim.
Sorry if this has already been mentioned (I didn't see it, so i assume not),

But do you get a lot of hassle from people? Like, i see a lot of people around where i live throw some pretty nasty insults around at fat people. (Sorry if the wording's a bit rude, i dunno how else to word it D: )
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. For if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes unto you."
(February 15, 2016 at 12:59 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote:
(February 15, 2016 at 11:54 am)Nymphadora Wrote: Annnd here we go again. Stop. Just fucking stop. You do this in nearly every thread. Must you continuously feel the need to fuck up other people's threads in this manner?

You know "exactly" what words she is referring to, so stop playing the "I need clarification because I'm stupid" game. Your narcissistic bullshit is, once again, grating on people's nerves here.
I disagree. I don't know what she's referring to, otherwise I wouldn't ask. I don't think I put any words in her mouth at all, I thought I'd presented what she said fairly accurately prior to dismissing it as an empty claim.

You accused her of stating a fact, when she didn't do that. Furthermore, if you want to go deeper, what makes you the deciding factor on what the majority of people think? Maybe the majority of overweight people don't intentionally gain weight. Maybe they do intentionally gain it. She was giving her opinion. Last time I checked, an opinion was just that. An opinion.

Quit holding everyone else up to a higher standard than what you're willing to hold yourself up to. These games you play with words and semantics are really getting old.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Re: the OP -- I'm a fat girl too.  I'm 5'3" and 250 lbs.

Once upon a time, I was a karate instructor.  I would run 4 miles and teach class for 2-3 hours per day.  I was a member of that karate school for 28 years.   Then - - - all sorts of crap happened.  Life stuff, work stuff, relationship stuff, burnout, disagreements with the karate school manager, and oh yeah - - I have had a respiratory problem for 7 years.  The doctors have put me though dozens of medical tests and still don't know what it is.  (More tests needed.)  It's not asthma or COPD, but I don't have enough air to sing or play the flute anymore.  I'll admit that I succumbed to the depression, stopped caring about my diet, didn't exercise, ate and drank too much, and the weight just piled on.  My back, knees, and hips hurt a lot.  Walking is very painful. 

EP will probably accuse me of making excuses, or a whole bunch of other crap.  When I was in shape, I made fun of fat people too.  I thought they were stupid and lazy.  Well, yes, I have been through a period of time when I was depressed and lazy, and I have literally no one in my life who cares what I look like.  Maybe they are excuses.  LIFE happened.  

I now have a new, good full-time job.  I'm eating more salads, veggies, and rice, and drinking more water.  I have a . . . stepper pedal thingie (??) under my desk at work, which I am using as I type.  I have a recumbent exercise bike in front of the TV at home which I sporadically make myself use. 

I don't mean to hijack your thread BQ - - I just thought folks would like to hear from another "fat girl".  You sound like you're in better shape than I am.  Keep up the good work!  Never get to the point where you can't enjoy rock-climbing - you'll regret it.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
I'm not making fun of fat people. I don't think they're stupid and lazy. I'm not accusing you of anything. In fact, I simpathize with you and it sounds to me like you're a great person.

I won't go any further into this, it seems very easy to jump to conclusions with me. It happens when some truly malicious people purposely misrepresent your views - innocent people get involved and develop a bias against you. It's not those people's faults and I never hold it against them, especially when they are obviously not interested in mud slinging and can be rational without losing their shit over imaginary offenses.
(February 15, 2016 at 1:28 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: I'm not making fun of fat people. I don't think they're stupid and lazy. I'm not accusing you of anything. In fact, I simpathize with you and it sounds to me like you're a great person.

I won't go any further into this, it seems very easy to jump to conclusions with me. It happens when some truly malicious people purposely misrepresent your views - innocent people get involved and develop a bias against you. It's not those people's faults and I never hold it against them, especially when they are obviously not interested in mud slinging and can be rational without losing their shit over imaginary offenses.

EP - - you seem quite bright, and often show us that you have a pleasant side.  I appreciate your support.  -- And if I ever get healthy again (I'll probably never see "fighting weight" again!) I'm getting a phoenix tattoo!

May I ask . . . how old you are?  -- Please don't think that's condescending.  But I thought I remembered a post that had me thinking you were rather young - - teens or early twenties.  
      The reason that I ask is that I have known a LOT of bright young men who loved to debate - as if they were going into battle.  They were so very certain that their point was right that they would take every objection as an attack.  (My cousin Rob is now in his 30's and can still go there -  Undecided )  I get the same feeling from you, sometimes.  I'm sure it's even harder on an internet forum, where we can't see body language or hear vocal inflection.  I hope that you learn to relax a bit - breathe - "lose" an argument sometimes - and find a way to just let insults roll off and away.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
(February 15, 2016 at 1:39 pm)drfuzzy Wrote:
(February 15, 2016 at 1:28 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: I'm not making fun of fat people. I don't think they're stupid and lazy. I'm not accusing you of anything. In fact, I simpathize with you and it sounds to me like you're a great person.

EP - - you seem quite bright, and often show us that you have a pleasant side.  I appreciate your support.  -- And if I ever get healthy again (I'll probably never see "fighting weight" again!) I'm getting a phoenix tattoo!

May I ask . . . how old you are?  -- Please don't think that's condescending.  But I thought I remembered a post that had me thinking you were rather young - - teens or early twenties.  
      The reason that I ask is that I have known a LOT of bright young men who loved to debate - as if they were going into battle.  They were so very certain that their point was right that they would take every objection as an attack.  (My cousin Rob is now in his 30's and can still go there -  Undecided )  I get the same feeling from you, sometimes.  I'm sure it's even harder on an internet forum, where we can't see body language or hear vocal inflection.  I hope that you learn to relax a bit - breathe - "lose" an argument sometimes - and find a way to just let insults roll off and away.
I can actually back this up. I'm 16, and i know for a fact that i can charge headlong into a debate like it's some kind of battlefield. Trying to tone it down though Big Grin
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. For if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes unto you."

You might be right about that. Interesting take on it.

I'm twenty years old, it's in my profile.
(February 15, 2016 at 1:59 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote:

The reason that I ask is that I have known a LOT of bright young men who loved to debate - as if they were going into battle.  

You might be right about that. Interesting take on it.

I'm twenty years old, it's in my profile.

There have actually been some fascinating studies on male vs. female communication.  There are differences evident even as we begin to learn how to form sentences.  Check out the work of Dr. Deborah Tannen and some of her peers - her books are hilarious, her examples (equal time male & female) will make you laugh out loud.  But as a generality - men communicate to establish status or dominance.  Women communicate to create emotional bonds.  That's why young guys love big words and skilled debate - they want to "win".  And sometimes they get really cranky when it doesn't work.  (I have known women to do the same - remember the "generality" bit - we're all human.)
(February 15, 2016 at 11:39 am)SofaKingHigh Wrote: Many moons ago I used to be a PTI (Physical training instructor) in her majesty's forces. If all you're looking to do is lose weight, it really is a lot easier than you might think.

The perfect fat burning zone is between 40% and 70% of your maximum heart rate, any more and you're into the anaerobic zone and starting to build muscle. It's a common complaint of new gym goers, go to the gym to lose weight and you actually put some on in the first instance because, simply put, you're working too hard.

Best fat burning exercise I know of is the easiest, walking. A good hour walk, fast enough only to get your breathing slightly faster than normal is perfect fat burning exercise.

You don't often see fat dog owners for that reason. Go for an hour walk 5 times a week and, unless you're scoffing Big macs all day, you'll start to see the weight drop off.

True I was at about 150-160 when I had my puppy. Goodness I miss her.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ask a blind girl 3.0 BrokenQuill92 46 8714 January 10, 2020 at 8:29 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  I'm a Girl scout leader (who's about to quit!) Aroura 34 20562 January 22, 2018 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Ask a drunk girl BrokenQuill92 49 9237 February 5, 2017 at 10:20 pm
  Ask an Apple fan girl BrokenQuill92 8 1695 October 15, 2016 at 8:23 am
Last Post: paulpablo
  Ask a black girl on Social sercurity and welfare. BrokenQuill92 49 7003 October 4, 2016 at 1:59 pm
  Ask a fat girl BrokenQuill92 66 17640 September 20, 2015 at 5:17 pm
  Ask a Blind Girl BrokenQuill92 98 16457 July 17, 2015 at 3:21 am
  Ask a black girl BrokenQuill92 33 8103 July 15, 2015 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: Spooky