Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 7:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TWD Season 6
RE: TWD Season 6
Oh, stop, Thena. LOL

Personally, I never really found the show boring. I have enjoyed it every step of the way.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I love this show.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
I freaking love what Maggie and Carol did.

So FUCKING AMAZING.
~ Erin Hunter
Don't know that I'm a fan on New Carol. I feel like we didn't see enough of her emotional break down to make the whole storyline she had believable. If we had seen her struggle more with Morgan then I would have liked it better, but she seemed to turn on a dime from Bad Ass Carol to Emotionally Unstable Carol - so much so that I wondered watching this last episode whether she was 100% putting on an act for the captors to get them off their guard with her, life how she was playing into the housewife stereotype when they first arrived at Alexandria to hide the fact that she had become such a bad ass.

I don't know, I guess I just found it confusing.

(March 13, 2016 at 11:13 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Without reading through pages of comments, let me just ask one question:

Is the show better than previous seasons?

I've found it boring.

I think they've killed off a lot of the really compelling characters, even if people found the story lines associated with those characters got to be trying. For all the faults of his character and the associated story, Shane was a compelling character. Dale was compelling as a foil for Shane. The Governor was compelling as a bad guy. Beth was compelling to watch become a survivor and a fighter.

Of the people that are left, I guess I'm not seeing a lot of compelling stuff. Michonne was compelling as a new addition to the group, but now she's integrated. Edith is compelling as an orphaned survivor, but we don't get to see much from her. Daryl is compelling when they give him deeper story lines and don't just make him the thug doing Rick's bidding. The new villains or bad guys haven't been as developed as, say, the Governor, so I'm not as invested when they die.

Overall, my impression is that the show is on a bit of a plateau. Still enjoyable to watch, but I'm not clawing my hair out because I have to wait until Monday or Tuesday to watch the latest episode.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
(March 14, 2016 at 10:42 pm)Kitan Wrote: I freaking love what Maggie and Carol did.

So FUCKING AMAZING.

c'mon people, we need spoilers alert for each episode.
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
I knew someone had to die, but that caught me by surprise.

And now

is leaving again. I wonder if we will see her again in a later season.
~ Erin Hunter

I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(March 21, 2016 at 12:33 pm)Kitan Wrote: I knew someone had to die, but that caught me by surprise.

And now

is leaving again.  I wonder if we will see her again in a later season.

What??? Someone died? Wahhhhhhh...I haven't like, actually watched the show!
I only popped in see if everyone thinks Rick and The Gang are super-duper kewl.

OMG! *sigh* This is so disappointing. Sad

TWD Season 6
That was crazy!!! I really liked that person, damnnit! I hate/love/hate this show!!!
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(March 21, 2016 at 8:21 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: That was crazy!!!  I really liked that person, damnnit!  I hate/love/hate this show!!!

I know what you mean. They were giving her a great role in this episode, and then BAM.
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The end of TWD Foxaèr 14 1406 January 29, 2023 at 3:38 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Eight years later, 'Dexter' is returning for a ninth season Foxaèr 28 3300 November 25, 2022 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Uberpod
  Pern, Season One. Gawdzilla Sama 11 659 September 7, 2018 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Anyone else watching season 2 of Legion? The Industrial Atheist 2 483 April 16, 2018 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  The X-Files season 11 Foxaèr 12 1012 March 12, 2018 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  TWD S08 Foxaèr 12 1781 December 11, 2017 at 12:39 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The Walking Dead, Season 7-*SPOILERS ABOUND* Athene 120 12515 May 6, 2017 at 2:19 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Rick and Morty: Season 3 premiered Autumnlicious 10 1989 April 6, 2017 at 2:11 am
Last Post: AceBoogie
  TWD Season 7 Foxaèr 1 565 October 23, 2016 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  GoT Season 6 Foxaèr 1 587 April 23, 2016 at 2:45 am
Last Post: Excited Penguin