Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 10:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why the whole Adam and Eve Fall story makes no sense
RE: Why the whole Adam and Eve Fall story makes no sense
BTW, G-C since you are such a big fucking expert on this bible shit, where, exactly, is this "prophecy" you keep muttering about?
Why the whole Adam and Eve Fall story makes no sense
(March 29, 2016 at 7:58 pm)1994Californication Wrote:
(March 29, 2016 at 7:10 pm)Godschild Wrote:  God has proven to me He is real, leaving no doubts or worries, He proved himself to me through answered prayer explaining the Bible to me, answers no one could have given me not even myself.

Even many atheist believe that there was a man named Jesus who was written about in the scriptures. Then if there was certain proof, you would be a believer without the faith, and God gave us free will and faith to show our love for Him.

God makes the sun shine on good people and bad people, the rain to fall on the good and bad. No one is exempt from the bad or the good. Many Christians suffer from doing God's work, work that needs to be done to help those in need, this is not punishment by any means. The Jews as a whole have suffered for rejecting the Messiah sent through them to all man kind, one day they will be restored, actually it's already begun. The nation of Israel is the only one that has ever been restored after nearly 2000 years, no other country has ever come close to this, most never are restored, strange isn't it that this prophecy in the scriptures has come to pass, a book that most atheist believes holds no truth.

GC

Your position is ... one where there is a god who has an important message for mankind, and somehow he only reveals it to certain individuals who then write this down and thousands of years after this initial revelation, we have to rely on copies of copies of translations of copies by anonymous authors with no originals, and the textual testimony to a miracle, for example the loaves and fishes; there’s no amount of reports - anecdotal testimonial reports - that could be sufficient to justify that this event actually happened as reported. No amount. And anything that would qualify as a god would clearly understand this, and if it wanted to convey this information to people in a way that was believable, would not be relying on text to do so, and this for me is the nail in the coffin for Christianity. The god that Christians believe in is amazingly stupid if it wants to actually achieve its goal of spreading this information to humanity by relying on text; by relying on languages that die out; by relying on anecdotal testimony. That's not a pathway to truth! And anything that would qualify for a god should know this, which means either that God doesn’t exist or it doesn't care enough about those people who understand the nature of evidence to actually present it. Now which of those possibilities do you think is accurate?" ... "Why would you believe anything on faith? Faith isn't a pathway to truth. Every religion has some sort of faith, people take things on, you know, - if faith is your pathway, you can't distinguish between Christianity, Hinduism, Judaism, any of these others. How is it that you use reason as a path to truth in every endeavor of your life, and then when it comes to the ‘ultimate truth’ - the most important truth - you're saying that faith is required. And how does that reflect on a god (who supposedly exists and wants you to have this information); what kind of god requires faith instead of evidence? ... I have reasonable expectations based on evidence. I have trust that has been earned. I will grant trust tentatively. I don't have faith. Faith is the excuse people give for believing something when they don't have evidence.

Matt D! [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(March 29, 2016 at 7:16 pm)Kitan Wrote:
(March 29, 2016 at 7:10 pm)Godschild Wrote:  God has proven to me He is real, leaving no doubts or worries, He proved himself to me through answered prayer explaining the Bible to me, answers no one could have given me not even myself.

In the end, your belief that your god is real is nothing more than a delusion.  You have no way of providing any evidence of this god in which you believe.  Faith is not evidence.  Faith is just wishful thinking on part of the delusional.

Just because a belief in something that is not real provides me with supposed good morals and a sense of comfort does not mean that thing actually exists.  I can claim that which god provides you is provided to me by Ezrin, the new god I just created because I can since gods are nothing more than the creations of men and their imaginations.

Theists need to get over themselves and their false beliefs.

Get over ourselves, really, Christianity is a relationship. Just so you'll understand one can't have a relationship with one's self. Christianity is about being available to allow God to do His work for others, we are in essence last to ourselves.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
Christianity is an imaginary relationship.

You'd do better to have an imaginary relationship with Scarlet Johansson or David Beckham.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
(March 30, 2016 at 10:57 pm)Godschild Wrote: Christianity is a relationship.

I suppose you have not looked at the definition of relationship lately.

A relationship requires reciprocation. A god that does not exist anywhere except in your mind cannot reciprocate for a real relationship to exist.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(March 29, 2016 at 8:05 pm)1994Californication Wrote:
(March 29, 2016 at 7:10 pm)Godschild Wrote:

Also as for your whole Israel "prophecy", if its already happened how longer must we wait?In case you haven't noticed Israel has been a country for 67 years.The only prophecy here is a self fulfilling one

Self fulfilling you got to be kidding me. It took international support and decisions and approval for Israel to become a nation again. No other nation has arose after such a long period of time, all other peoples have been assimilated into other nations and cultures, self fulfilling that's just ridiculous.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(March 30, 2016 at 11:13 pm)Godschild Wrote:
(March 29, 2016 at 8:05 pm)1994Californication Wrote: Also as for your whole Israel "prophecy", if its already happened how longer must we wait?In case you haven't noticed Israel has been a country for 67 years.The only prophecy here is a self fulfilling one

Self fulfilling you got to be kidding me. It took international support and decisions and approval for Israel to become a nation again. No other nation has arose after such a long period of time, all other peoples have been assimilated into other nations and cultures, self fulfilling that's just ridiculous.

GC

Except these days Israel is kinda expanding it's borders into Palestine.. somewhere where they shouldn't be expanding to.
More or less the Israeli government should give the land back it just took from Palestine. Also biblical prophecy is a load of horse shit.
Israel has grown into a nation yet jebuss hasn't come back yet.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(March 30, 2016 at 11:13 pm)Godschild Wrote:
(March 29, 2016 at 8:05 pm)1994Californication Wrote: Also as for your whole Israel "prophecy", if its already happened how longer must we wait?In case you haven't noticed Israel has been a country for 67 years.The only prophecy here is a self fulfilling one

GC

Several countries bent over backwards to make Israel a nation in a deliberate attempt to fulfill what they thought was a bible prophecy, and you don't think that's a self-fulfilling prophecy? You do know what a self-fulfilling prophecy is, right?
Verbatim from the mouth of Jesus (retranslated from a retranslation of a copy of a copy):

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you too will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. How can you see your brother's head up his ass when your own vision is darkened by your head being even further up your ass? How can you say to your brother, 'Get your head out of your ass,' when all the time your head is up your own ass? You hypocrite! First take your head out of your own ass, and then you will see clearly who has his head up his ass and who doesn't." Matthew 7:1-5 (also Luke 6: 41-42)

Also, I has a website: www.RedbeardThePink.com
(March 31, 2016 at 12:10 am)Redbeard The Pink Wrote:
(March 30, 2016 at 11:13 pm)Godschild Wrote: Self fulfilling you got to be kidding me. It took international support and decisions and approval for Israel to become a nation again. No other nation has arose after such a long period of time, all other peoples have been assimilated into other nations and cultures, self fulfilling that's just ridiculous.

GC

Several countries bent over backwards to make Israel a nation in a  deliberate attempt to fulfill what they thought was a bible prophecy, and you don't think that's a self-fulfilling prophecy? You do know what a self-fulfilling prophecy is, right?

Well fundies like him tend to be stupid af to begin with so it shouldn't come as a shock. Tongue
(March 29, 2016 at 7:58 pm)1994Californication Wrote:
(March 29, 2016 at 7:10 pm)Godschild Wrote:

Your position is ... one where there is a god who has an important message for mankind, and somehow he only reveals it to certain individuals who then write this down and thousands of years after this initial revelation, we have to rely on copies of copies of translations of copies by anonymous authors with no originals,

All of history is copies of copies, except for those that were carved into stone. All of the works of Shakespeare are copies, even the man himself is a mystery, and we know this yet most accept it all as fact, actually we have no idea how much of the originals could have been changed. The writing of Herodotus on the Persian empire are taken as fact by most and yet there are some very ridiculous things he reported.  

1994C Wrote:and the textual testimony to a miracle, for example the loaves and fishes; there’s no amount of reports - anecdotal testimonial reports - that could be sufficient to justify that this event actually happened as reported. No amount. And anything that would qualify as a god would clearly understand this, and if it wanted to convey this information to people in a way that was believable, would not be relying on text to do so, and this for me is the nail in the coffin for Christianity.

Herodotus wrote that Darius became the ruler of Persian empire because his horse neighed first out of five horses, no amount of testimonial reports that this  event actually happened. No amount. See I can play the same game with written history you might actually believe. Historians rely on text for the past, so why can't Christianity, eliminate one then the other must be also. This coin you're flipping around applies to everything or nothing. Christianity has been growing for 2000 years and still growing, that nail you spoke of doesn't exist and neither does the coffin.

1994C Wrote:The god that Christians believe in is amazingly stupid if it wants to actually achieve its goal of spreading this information to humanity by relying on text; by relying on languages that die out; by relying on anecdotal testimony. That's not a pathway to truth! And anything that would qualify for a god should know this, which means either that God doesn’t exist or it doesn't care enough about those people who understand the nature of evidence to actually present it.

Those who wrote to convey history must have been amazingly stupid to inform humanity of what was going on in their time, why, by your own idea it's stupid to rely on text, especially text in dead languages. Either you're correct and everyone from the past was stupid or your logic is seriously flawed. I personally believe do not think you know what evidence is, using a double standard shows your lack of concern for evidence. Don't apply your logic to Christianity and then another logic to everything else. God planed for Christianity to be about faith and personal proof and if you knew anything about the Bible you would understand this, your lack of Biblical understanding leads me to believe you care only to demean Christianity at all cost, you've actually put a price on your soul. See if you can find out in the scriptures what that actually means.

1994C Wrote: Now which of those possibilities do you think is accurate?" ... "Why would you believe anything on faith? Faith isn't a pathway to truth.

When you set in a chair you apply faith that the chair was constructed to hold you up, if it does your faith has be proven, it it doesn't your faith has failed. Same with Christianity, when I apply it to my life and my life works as the scriptures say, then what am I to believe, if it doesn't then I would investigate why things went wrong, just as you might do if the chair failed. Faith has and will always be a pathway to truth, people have faith in their ideas long before they discover the truth. 

1994C Wrote:Every religion has some sort of faith, people take things on, you know, - if faith is your pathway, you can't distinguish between Christianity, Hinduism, Judaism, any of these others.

Oh, what an error you've made, my faith in the God of Christianity and Judaism ( I include both because it seems you don't know we have the same God) has revealed to me the truth by having a personal relationship with God. Just because you deny God doesn't in the slightest mean He's not real, the only meaning to your denial is you don't believe. I know for a fact that God is real, we are taught that this is not only possible but is essential to the Christian life. The gods of all the other worlds religions has never come to me in any way, never, the God of creation first sought me out so that I could find out who he is and that process begins with faith and eventually becomes reality as I grew in my faith and belief.

1994C Wrote: How is it that you use reason as a path to truth in every endeavor of your life, and then when it comes to the ‘ultimate truth’ - the most important truth - you're saying that faith is required. And how does that reflect on a god (who supposedly exists and wants you to have this information); what kind of god requires faith instead of evidence? ... I have reasonable expectations based on evidence. I have trust that has been earned. I will grant trust tentatively. I don't have faith. Faith is the excuse people give for believing something when they don't have evidence.
[/quote]

Like I said with the chair, you live on faith in your life all the time, you have faith your car will start every day, that you will awake every morning, which by the way is a false hope because even your mornings will end some day. 
Now to answer the question you've been asking without coming out an actually asking. God gave use free will and faith to show our love for Him, even in by absolute knowledge I need faith to have a good relationship in love with God. Faith is not an excuse in any part of our lives it's essential to our daily living, yes you live with faith daily whether you admit it or not.

GC

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Get your story straight LinuxGal 1 966 November 29, 2022 at 5:26 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Serious] The Story John 6IX Breezy 115 10563 November 21, 2022 at 12:39 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  What do Catholics think of Frollo from "Hunchback of Notre Dame" story? Woah0 2 638 August 26, 2022 at 9:46 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Adam & Eve T.J. 4 1113 November 6, 2021 at 11:49 am
Thumbs Down The story of Noah' s Ark - or - God is dumber than you. onlinebiker 75 7488 September 24, 2021 at 5:53 pm
  The 500 & Common Sense. Jehanne 53 4425 June 29, 2021 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  The ridiculous story of the temptation of Jesus Simon Moon 24 2739 March 4, 2021 at 6:05 am
Last Post: GUBU
  angel story video form Drich 107 11096 April 23, 2020 at 11:30 am
Last Post: Drich
  The Jesus story has details that is most definitely made up i just realized!!! android17ak47 126 9622 October 12, 2019 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  The Adam & Eve Myth - Origins Gwaithmir 125 14605 July 13, 2019 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Jehanne